• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe I'll have to see if you can teach a white wooly type how to bite. :)
:sword:Who knows, maybe you will enjoy it. As long you know hvat you risk and know you have a spare suit, if someone should feel they need your suit, it's not so hard to die and a little dance before you drop make it more fun

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sword:Who knows, maybe you will enjoy it. As long you know hvat you risk and know you have a spare suit, if someone should feel they need your suit, it's not so hard to die and a little dance before you drop make it more fun
I haven't PvPed since AoS was inflicted on us. I did it back before then with a bandaging spellslinger. Suits won't be a problem, I have a vendor and a couple stashes of them.

Main thing I need to learn is modern tactics. Weapons hit a lot faster than spells prep. Mages PvP so there is a way. :gee:

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoops. Sounds like someone forgot to tell you how well your guild did at the last castle idoc? *sits back and waits for excuses*
Oh and on that note, advent we gotten all the last castle spots anyways :)

Viscount Goop

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
RE: trying to box in a server is bad! ! No 'Goop' For You!!!xxx---Siege Perilous is mostlt defined by what it is not. {IMO} !! NO Tram.!!x-x!! NO Insurance!!:pxx.. .. *hic*..and i cant um else of ,think *burp*...zz...zzzzz..ZZZzz..z..where am I? By royal-jelly-o-meatringshiredomillville formerly know as Westerly Ulfton ! Viscount "De Money" Goop!!!!!:p:p ???

Viscount Goop

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and my thought is if you cant handle the SIEGE, may I suggest a PERILOUS joyrney to trallaallammel!!!! My girl FLO will hook you up w/ some insurance!!
GET SOME!! .....*hic*...*burp*..and you kids , stay off my GRASS!! er MUCK ya.
PVM vs PVP?? Well I decree that SIEGE PERILOUS has ....PvM vs PvP vs *PvSP*

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and my thought is if you cant handle the SIEGE, may I suggest a PERILOUS joyrney to trallaallammel!!!! My girl FLO will hook you up w/ some insurance!!
GET SOME!! .....*hic*...*burp*..and you kids , stay off my GRASS!! er MUCK ya.
PVM vs PVP?? Well I decree that SIEGE PERILOUS has ....PvM vs PvP vs *PvSP*
*grabs the big bottle of Moonshine that Goop has apparently gotten ahold of...*

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In english please?
Yeah not sure wtf he means either lol.
Let me guess. you guys sat next to each other in english? One was dumb enough to fail, and the other one was dumb enough to copy off him? LOL

Tyrant has gotten the last 4,5, or 6 castle idocs. So either one of you is Tyrant, or your buying the castles off him... Ya's should of sat next to someone else :)

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess. you guys sat next to each other in english? One was dumb enough to fail, and the other one was dumb enough to copy off him? LOL

Tyrant has gotten the last 4,5, or 6 castle idocs. So either one of you is Tyrant, or your buying the castles off him... Ya's should of sat next to someone else :)
:rolleyes: Actually my command of English is just fine. Still not sure what you are talking about though. No I am not Tyrant Rumpy isn't either. I am Kaisa. Also I have never bought a castle. Tyrant is a member of ARR not on that character however. So what Rumpy meant was ARR got the castle spot by placing there. So I think we did pretty good. Actually I seem to remember you running pretty fast from me too at that idoc. Which is kinda sad considering I suck at pvp.. :p

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:rolleyes: Actually my command of English is just fine. Still not sure what you are talking about though. No I am not Tyrant Rumpy isn't either. I am Kaisa. Also I have never bought a castle. Tyrant is a member of ARR not on that character however. So what Rumpy meant was ARR got the castle spot by placing there. So I think we did pretty good. Actually I seem to remember you running pretty fast from me too at that idoc. Which is kinda sad considering I suck at pvp.. :p
Really? Well let me recall how i seen that castle idoc...as did everyone else there. I killed sureno first (several times). Then bartleby. Then i killed grace (couple times). Then i killed you too. I died one time. got ressed. resuited. came back and killed grace or you or someothe arr that had looted my suit, and i took my original suit back along with four other aar suits. Who else was there in aar? cause all of you died to GIL :) Its also been brought to my attention that at another recent idoc aar was killed off by GIL...So much for the plague as rumpy stated eh?

edit...just for future reference also...dont confuse me when i'm on my farming template with zero fighting skill either. I think the last 2 times i suited up to fight aar, we both know what happened *winks* castle idoc in umbra i smoked you on your silly necro temp and i did the same thing at aboves castle idoc and i used an even weaker template ;)

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? Well let me recall how i seen that castle idoc...as did everyone else there. I killed sureno first (several times). Then bartleby. Then i killed grace (couple times). Then i killed you too. I died one time. got ressed. resuited. came back and killed grace or you or someothe arr that had looted my suit, and i took my original suit back along with four other aar suits. Who else was there in aar? cause all of you died to GIL :) Its also been brought to my attention that at another recent idoc aar was killed off by GIL...So much for the plague as rumpy stated eh?

edit...just for future reference also...dont confuse me when i'm on my farming template with zero fighting skill either. I think the last 2 times i suited up to fight aar, we both know what happened *winks* castle idoc in umbra i smoked you on your silly necro temp and i did the same thing at aboves castle idoc and i used an even weaker template ;)
Yeah you seem to have a rather faulty memory here. Otherwise you might recall that I never died at that last castle idoc. To you or anyone else for that matter. Yeah you kiled me at one umbra idoc. So what? I have never claimed to be good at pvp. Also there isn;t any castles in Malas silly.

I donlt go to every idoc so I can;t say if you are actually right about GIL killing all of ARR at some recent idoc. But since you seem to be making up crap here I have my doubts.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

now i know your definately delusional. Castles dont exist in malas :-(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Castle. Tower... not a big deal. let's lay off the personal attacks here, OK?

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok ok I'll stop pickin' on aar. I didn't know they were so sensitive. adios...

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't we all just get along? - Rodney Glen King (April 2, 1965 – June 17, 2012)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which castle are all of you talking about? Anyone got a screenshot?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
the most recent one is out in sanctuary, just Southeast of Frejas castle there.
The place is known as Safe Haven, was one of Sieges hotspot back in old days, alot of shops and red player guards. the castle was owned of Bia, who had not played for years so was a great day, I love to see ghost castles drop.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castles Do Exist In Malas................... Just not on siege :gee:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The place is known as Safe Haven, was one of Sieges hotspot back in old days, alot of shops and red player guards. the castle was owned of Bia, who had not played for years so was a great day, I love to see ghost castles drop.
yeah, sorry about that. I had Sanctuary on my mind when i was typing that *edits previous post*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you can really count the Grimswind castles. They weren't player - placed. They were prizes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't think you can really count the Grimswind castles. They weren't player - placed. They were prizes.
There was also a castle (Righty's) noone saw went IDOC, where Kran first found the spot after everything declayed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a small one north of my castle too, Woody placed it when he was RTB

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, I see things haven't changed much. Kelmo still trying to turn Siege into the senior citizens' shard where nothing bad happens to the anti-social folks that want to play in their sandbox away from the kiddies. You're almost there buddy, keep pushing. Pretty soon you and GIL will have your utopia!
Hey now I resemble that remark of *senior citizens* !!!
*waves to one of her favorite Siege Perilous murderers !! GO OSU. lol

Happy New Year yall !

ya know ya played once upon atime too many yrs. on Siege when while reading the 3rd book of the Hunger Games trilogy, you are introduced to 2 new chrs. in book three Mockingjay and their names are Castor and Pollux, and your brain goes right into memories, fond ones, of one self and others all playing on Siege Perilous ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has inspired me to hit the familiar SP paths on a PVP char. Look out Siege, lots of loot is headed your way.

I still remember your pet got mad at me for my trying to be friendly with it, trying to feed it meat,
as ya came into MYTH town pking us, and your cu, little did I know preferred fruit and promptly destroyed me to death.

Happy New Year Hat ! :)

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still remember your pet got mad at me for my trying to be friendly with it, trying to feed it meat,
as ya came into MYTH town pking us, and your cu, little did I know preferred fruit and promptly destroyed me to death.

Happy New Year Hat ! :)
You are still telling on me all this time later. :) Aeric Horn still recruited me and I believe to this day that you put in a good word for me in spite of my transgressions. It is so good to see you again QZ. Those were glorious days huh.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are still telling on me all this time later. :) Aeric Horn still recruited me and I believe to this day that you put in a good word for me in spite of my transgressions. It is so good to see you again QZ. Those were glorious days huh.
I did put in a good word for ya with bossman Aeric at the time.
Of course I have to KEEP reminding you that your Cu pkd me, besides ya don't want folks thinkin yu always a good guy (all the time) or they would think ya wussy guy or something. haha

I sometimes hid from some peeps' weirdo pets, even if they were friends of mine, cuz some critters oft got persnickity towards me usually torchin my brains or doing something unfriendly at me.
Try to be nice & feed some one's UO pet a scooby snack and the thanks ya get off that critter is they fry ye to death !! lol Course deliberately allowing oneself to becoming exterminated by someone's pets is weirdo UO fun too, least for me.

I was never much of a tamer on most all of my chrs anyhows, just never was into taming as skills, archery yes taming .... didnt have the patience for it myself. Have to admire those that DO have the patience to up taming on any one chr. they picked to become a tamer though...personally I logged out of UO and I still didnt up taming on the one chr. that had a meat eating *rare* unicorn stabled from pub. 16. !! tamed it when we only needed like a 65 or something low to tame the once meat eating unicorns, then the patch and bonding I had to then have 95+ for that puppy to BOND soooooooo it stayed stabled for yrs. poor unicorn ! :(

Will you be my friend oh great and noble beast over and over again ya try to tame that sucker...and some onery dragon or cu just responds w/fryin ya brains out ! lol

Yeh glorious days fond memories !

*adds a ps* Right before my 4 UO accts. went inactive for perma like, I had seen Aeric Horn's son had logged in on the guild roster list. I knew his son, may only log in 1-2 x a year as a Guardian of MYTH chr. playin his father's Ginsu on Siege Perilous...but it seemed a logical step at the time, to make his *son* 'emissary' to MYTH guild ...for whenever/ if ever his son plays his dad's chr. Ginsu,
he then and he alone, should have the right, to dismantle or rebuild the guild,
Guardians of MYTH, that his dad built here, on Siege, so that was my last active logged thing to do, made the *Ginsu* chr. of Siege Guardians of MYTH the guild emissary, before I logged out for my last time in game.

Last edited:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Waves to Queen Zen*
*waves to Freja*
I can still remember the first time I saw you on Siege, bout the time I let Shal put my Miranda in NEW and Shal wanted to introduce me to this lady, whom was RED at the time and it was you. he he I wasn't sure if I shoulda hid or said hi...luckily I opted to stand my puny ground in NEW house there, to say howdy and we got introduced. hehe

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*waves to fiesty, Kaisa* :)

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that your definition of Siege?
Sadly, yes. I am not a fan of the chest-thumping PvP'ers that have left for Trammel shards but I'm equally disgusted by those people who want Siege to be danger free. For me, right or wrong, GIL represents that group. A bunch of people who don't want to bother with the "l337 dOOdz" on prodo, so they came here in spite of no insurance, not because of it. Then they try to redefine the shard, and pk'ers, to suit themselves because all they really want to do is hunt with their "mature" friends in peace and quiet. They aren't here because of the allure of Siege, they're here because of the low population and big world. Siege is nothing more than UO's retirement home now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, yes. I am not a fan of the chest-thumping PvP'ers that have left for Trammel shards but I'm equally disgusted by those people who want Siege to be danger free. For me, right or wrong, GIL represents that group. A bunch of people who don't want to bother with the "l337 dOOdz" on prodo, so they came here in spite of no insurance, not because of it. Then they try to redefine the shard, and pk'ers, to suit themselves because all they really want to do is hunt with their "mature" friends in peace and quiet. They aren't here because of the allure of Siege, they're here because of the low population and big world. Siege is nothing more than UO's retirement home now.
Congratulations! You get the first "Dumbest Remark" of the year award. This is the exact opposite of what GIL is. Let me remind you (that you no longer play here) that there are members of GIL that have pvp'd and pk'd their way through the pre-aos and post-aos years. Where were you? I faintly remember your guild o-s for what, 6 months? Hardly enough time to talk about Siege, let alone pvp.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly, yes. I am not a fan of the chest-thumping PvP'ers that have left for Trammel shards but I'm equally disgusted by those people who want Siege to be danger free. For me, right or wrong, GIL represents that group.
In this case Dismas, you are wrong. The people in our alliance, or at least the majority of it came to Siege because of the added danger to our gameplay. We want the feeling that when we are out doing stuff, we can be attacked and stolen from at any moment.

So would be nice if O-S made a return and added once again to that danger. And anyone who would want Siege to be danger free should look for another shard...

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! You get the first "Dumbest Remark" of the year award. This is the exact opposite of what GIL is. Let me remind you (that you no longer play here) that there are members of GIL that have pvp'd and pk'd their way through the pre-aos and post-aos years. Where were you? I faintly remember your guild o-s for what, 6 months? Hardly enough time to talk about Siege, let alone pvp.
I've been on Siege for ~5 years and O-S was on Siege for a few years while you were not around. We're still technically here though we all have RL issues keeping us from playing more regularly, however, even if I were able to play more frequently, I doubt I would because Siege is exactly what I said it was: mostly vet players who wish to play in a big sandbox with little danger. You can deny, laugh, or name-call all you'd like but the truth is the truth unless things have changed in the past 4-6 months.

As for labeling GIL, I should have been more specific and less sweeping. Not EVERYONE in GIL represents this, however the most obvious examples of players like this do belong to said guild. For a guild that claims they want danger, SOME of them sure seem to cry a lot when they die and lose a pair of shoes. Face it, no one wants guilds like O-S and Arrr! here because they interfere with the crafting and spawning that most Siegers seem so addicted to.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this case Dismas, you are wrong. The people in our alliance, or at least the majority of it came to Siege because of the added danger to our gameplay. We want the feeling that when we are out doing stuff, we can be attacked and stolen from at any moment.

So would be nice if O-S made a return and added once again to that danger. And anyone who would want Siege to be danger free should look for another shard...
What danger is that Tjalle? Guilds like THIEF and O-S (and scores more) are run off Siege. Sure, there are a few Siege vets who appreciate a good steal or kill but there are more still that accuse people of griefing, cheating, or whatever when they die or are stolen from. And lets not forget the venom directed at anyone that kills or steals from someone when that person decides to quit Siege. Sorry, I think you are in the minority from what I've seen. Too many prodo players on Siege for the "easy" castle or empty hunting spots, and that will only get worse if prodo players can get a house on Siege now.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been on Siege for ~5 years and O-S was on Siege for a few years while you were not around. We're still technically here though we all have RL issues keeping us from playing more regularly, however, even if I were able to play more frequently, I doubt I would because Siege is exactly what I said it was: mostly vet players who wish to play in a big sandbox with little danger. You can deny, laugh, or name-call all you'd like but the truth is the truth unless things have changed in the past 4-6 months.
I beg your pardon but i've always been around. Im sorry if you and your guild couldn't cut it here on siege. I would encourage you to try again. If the guilds that do the most griefing bother you, i suggest you use the ignore feature. Sadly, nobody can control the immature children from playing here. I too occasionally listen to chat and more often than not its the same less intelligent individuals ranting on about something stupid...

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Siege to me means kill or be killed. loot or be looted. gather at your own risk. fight or run. you want to be god prove it or stay home. Siege is home for those of us that like the risk...... the only TRUE PvP title belongs to Siege.
Golden words!

I'll say more - the only TRUE UO-style title belongs to Siege. All servers with fel/tramm facet and insurance loose a lot of things in each kind of activity - in PvE, in crafting, in RPing.. even in fishing! Only Siege keeps original Richard Garriot ideas and traditions... and true emotions.

The only thing which SP needs (I agree with Freja and send her huge respect) - to have more players. We have to work together at this task.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so basically what i gathered from this post is
1) no pvp on siege...............false
2)glorified trammies get mad cause people raid an event.........go to prodo where it cant happen
3)pker's pk to much and need to change their game play.......pay our subscriptions and we may think about it till then keep hiding
4)Siege prides itself in being oldschool...........then why cry about pk's thats what this shard is known for is the no rules cut throat society not all this trammy stuff and hugging circles.....

its bad when people ask me about siege when they find out i play here and i have to tell them that there is some pvp but you gotta find it in factions and the only thing other than factions is a bunch of glorified trammies who just happen to play this shard and cry about pker's............now not everyone cries but there are to many to cry about it for being on "Siege Perilous"

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its bad when people ask me about siege when they find out i play here and i have to tell them that there is some pvp but you gotta find it in factions and the only thing other than factions is a bunch of glorified trammies who just happen to play this shard and cry about pker's............now not everyone cries but there are to many to cry about it for being on "Siege Perilous"
There would likely be more PvP and PK targets if PKers wouldn't work so hard driving them off the shard.

No ones going to pay a monthly fee to be fun for others but have no fun themselves.

A band of brigands gets it's jollies raiding and wiping out villages in their land every chance they get, they have a blast until the villagers say "screw this" and move elsewhere where they can do something they enjoy on occasion. Then the brigands pancake, moan, & whine because there's no one to kill and they can't get their jollies. Awww poor babies...