• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Welcome to SIEGE where you have to be hard to play hard! shouldnt be here if you cant handle it....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Alright... to clarify this statement.

Siege is not a PvP shard. If it were PvPers would be all over the shard. That is obviously not the case. Serious PvP only happens where insurance is.
The "serious PvP" remark may have been overstated. I was involved in another conversation on Uhall at the time I made that comment. Our Siege PvP is fun. I just hope you do not have a spread sheet measuring the min/max of the numbers and percentages of your skills and gear. I am sorry if that was misunderstood.

its bad when people ask me about siege when they find out i play here and i have to tell them that there is some pvp but you gotta find it in factions and the only thing other than factions is a bunch of glorified trammies who just happen to play this shard and cry about pker's............now not everyone cries but there are to many to cry about it for being on "Siege Perilous"
I agree with this statement to a certain extent. PvP is often difficult to find. I do take umbrage at being called a glorified trammie... I have been on this shard exclusively for over ten years. I have been PKed by some of the best... *shrugs*

I played through the era of ganks by PKers that drove the RP comunity underground and turned many of us into stealthers or worse, just driven away. There were many player villages when I started. The orcs still lived on Siege. There were vampires, clans, solo roleplaying PvPers...

We have played through the griefers that cut your armor up with scissors. We played through PKers that intentionally grief hunted guilds and RPers.
We are still here. I can point out a lot of class folk that do not, will not or can not PvP. Are you saying these folks have no place on your "PvP Shard"? A shard without insurance where crafters and artisans are actually useful and sought after? A shard where the intrepid resource gathering folk can make an impact on this place?

Are you trying to sell that Siege is nothing but PvP?

4)Siege prides itself in being oldschool...........then why cry about pk's thats what this shard is known for is the no rules cut throat society not all this trammy stuff and hugging circles.....
Is that what the Shard is known for? Cut throat pks? Is that the brand you wish to sell? Well, good luck. Go try to recruit the Pkers with "serious" equipment that they will never lose.

You have no idea how well you have it as a PK in UO. There are reds on other shards that would love to see a real live plump juicy crafter or resource gatherer on their shard with the maxed out shiny suit. Now that house fighting is out of the question... I really do not know what some of those players are going to do.

I know... wall of text. *sighs* Just one more point though...

You keep calling some of us (me) a trammie. If I were a trammie, we would not be having this discussion now would we? You may not like the way I play or the things I say. It is how I play. I like the excitement that you might be around the next corner. If I lose, I lose my stuff. *shrugs* I can get more as many folks are making and gathering stuff. If I get away with my stuff, well that is a win for me!

You want us to hush or go away?
.......pay our subscriptions and we may think about it ...

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
way to miss quote him kelmos. He didnt say he wanted cut throat pks, he said siege is a cut throat society. Which by all means it is, and it should be. If someone miss treats you and yours you know who it is being 1 character per account. This allows you and yours to not have any dealings with said person. This is what makes a cut throat society.
Stop reading too much into things, you want to believe we are so much against you.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess. you guys sat next to each other in english? One was dumb enough to fail, and the other one was dumb enough to copy off him? LOL

Tyrant has gotten the last 4,5, or 6 castle idocs. So either one of you is Tyrant, or your buying the castles off him... Ya's should of sat next to someone else :)
Sir Morder I challenge you sir. I am appalled you would call my wife stupid, and you sir are a coward!

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
by the way i never said a trammie cant play here the "trammies" i refer to are the ones who complain about pkers and us raiding events and spawns and w/e those are glorified trammies because they dont like it i cant do it?? i never once implied for people to leave but people shouldnt complain about my play style and what not as im not complaining about theirs unless your a crappy pvp tamer on Siege. But if you left i wouldnt mind tbh i used to think you were a cool dude but now over time ive seen some of your true colors and im unimpressed but thats neither here nor there, just my opinion. THANKS FOR PLAYING SIEGE EVERYONE :D

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by the way i never said a trammie cant play here the "trammies" i refer to are the ones who complain about pkers and us raiding events and spawns and w/e those are glorified trammies because they dont like it i cant do it?? i never once implied for people to leave but people shouldnt complain about my play style and what not as im not complaining about theirs unless your a crappy pvp tamer on Siege. But if you left i wouldnt mind tbh i used to think you were a cool dude but now over time ive seen some of your true colors and im unimpressed but thats neither here nor there, just my opinion. THANKS FOR PLAYING SIEGE EVERYONE :D
<<laughs>>

Siege isn't going to be given a chance to grow is it. These clueless souls will make damn sure of it. Screw anyone else having fun here.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<<laughs>>

Siege isn't going to be given a chance to grow is it. These clueless souls will make damn sure of it. Screw anyone else having fun here.
Oh please enlighten the Bo, please tell the Bo how you would make a dieing game grow. It isnt just siege that is dieing its a 15 year old game with 15 year old graphics and problems. And in your first sentence you should thank the devs for that.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really doubt the pks on this shard are driving away tons of people or keeping the shard from growing. I mean yes there may be the couple that kill and dryloot everyone on sight. But there is also plenty that donlt. The problem is some people can't handled being pked at all. Siege is not for everyone.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
chise2, Let me preface this by saying I think you might be one of the more thoughtful and intelligent folks in this thread. *winks*

But... By trying to define Siege as a PvP shard is limiting and actually harming the shard. I would say that greater than 90% of this shard (this is an estimate and in no way is based on hard fact) are not PKers. If you even include the active thieves as PvPers... it is still greater than 75% as non confrontational players.

Siege is not defined by the PKers. It is accented by them though. I would not have it any other way. All I ask is that the PKers/PvPers acknowledge that Siege is made up of all play styles and that PK/PvP is not even the majority of the players.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But... By trying to define Siege as a PvP shard is limiting and actually harming the shard. I would say that greater than 90% of this shard (this is an estimate and in no way is based on hard fact) are not PKers. If you even include the active thieves as PvPers... it is still greater than 75% as non confrontational players.
Siege is a PvP+ shard, but it's not just PvP, it's everything. A Siege player can be anything he want, from a famed shop owner / crafter, who never leave town and never PVP (He may still risk to get PK'ed or stolen from) to a hard core PK, who will kill all on sight. Between there is alot different playstyles, some are active factions PvP'ers, some will fight back if they get attacked, some will run if attacked but don't mind the risk. There will be crafters, PvM'er, tresure hunters, thieves or any other templade you may find on prodo shard, the diff is, we don't have a split, that make a large safe areal and a small dangerous areal, we have to find a way to get along.

Siege is not defined by the PKers. It is accented by them though. I would not have it any other way. All I ask is that the PKers/PvPers acknowledge that Siege is made up of all play styles and that PK/PvP is not even the majority of the players.
I do believe most players who join Siege accept the risk for getting PK'ed. I don't know why the non factions blue we have now feel, Siege should be safe like Trammel and they can set rules for when a PK is allowed to attack them.

I'm trying to do it different with TDO*, we will try to fight back if we have the skills. We do also have crafters, who may not be able to fight, just like my crafters won't fight if attacked.
Sure I may debat cases with the PK guild leaders, if I feel they target my members to much, griefing them or dry looting them without reason, but I had only had to do that a few times in my time on Siege.

I also get mad when someone blame a member of mine for being unattented macroing, when same person always react promte in guild chat if I speak to him and I never had seen him unattented.

TDO* may not have any reds at the moment and we may not be agressive in PvP but we sure will try to have fun when attacked.

I think we need to stop telling each others how to play Siege and just play the game the way we like. As it is Siege, some may accept, they need to try to fight back or die without a lot of crying.

My advice to new and old players who die to a PK is:

Show your ghost
Move a step away from your body
Wait a little to see if the PK tell you to rez or he say he will rez when done looting
When rezzed, don't try to loot before the killer allow you, evt ask nicely if anything left for you
Don't get angry and trashtalk the PK, it only make it worse.
If he loot light, say thanks

Last edited:

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it only me that feels our current PK's are pretty, um, tame? Can't see how one can complain about them.
Now, back when we had the vampires, those days where a lot harder I think.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Is it only me that feels our current PK's are pretty, um, tame? Can't see how one can complain about them.
Now, back when we had the vampires, those days where a lot harder I think.
Yes and some should have tryed it back in 1999-2000, where half of the shard was red and we had several red guilds on size of GIL, WyRM's VmP vampires was very tame vs some of the old red guilds we had.
Also at that time, we had large blue guilds, who did complain alot and try to make Siege to Trammel, TAK and BIH comes in mind.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe most players who join Siege accept the risk for getting PK'ed. I don't know why the non factions blue we have now feel, Siege should be safe like Trammel and they can set rules for when a PK is allowed to attack them.

My advice to new and old players who die to a PK is:

Show your ghost
Move a step away from your body
Wait a little to see if the PK tell you to rez or he say he will rez when done looting
When rezzed, don't try to loot before the killer allow you, evt ask nicely if anything left for you
Don't get angry and trashtalk the PK, it only make it worse.
If he loot light, say thanks
As a member of a non faction blue guild, I would like to state that, as far as I know, we do not ". . . feel, Siege should be safe like Trammel and they can set rules for when a PK is allowed to attack them."

I think this rumor started when Hoffs wanted to try a newbie event and requested that the PKs not bother it. Now, perhaps this request was not wise, perhaps it was worded poorly, but I think it has gotten blown waaaay out of proportion. (That also happened months ago when the Siege population was truly floundering.) I also personally wish that people would not paint an entire guild (especially a large one) with a broad "brush" - that *all* members of this guild or that guild all feel or act a certain way. (And I am not saying that you have done that, Freja - I know that you know how diverse we all are.)

But this type of thing has been bandied about extremely loudly in general chat lately - whether it is a rumor, or one player's comment that gets attributed to the entire guild he/she belongs to. I hope that this aspect of our game does not continue at the fever pitch it has lately. Oh, sure, there will always be some of this.

But we can be above this, as well. As an example of that, I commend Parium for challenging Sir Morder to a formal duel - I think that such an approach is an option that should perhaps be used more.

I also wanted to re-quote your suggestions on what to do when PK'd, because I believe that is excellent advice that should be repeated. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You right, trying to tell someone not to do something or how to act, is not very wise, no matter if it is reds telling blue or blue telling reds :)
I to hope we can get past that and all try to share the fun.

I remember long ago, when J-D was new on Siege, all hated them, because they did dry loot. I went to their forum, tryed to tell them, dry looting was not a good thing. They told me, there members was still young and needed the loot, as they always got dry looted.
I had to tell them, that was a bad circle as the ones they dry looted would remember and tell friends to dry loot J-D. Most got my point but one got mad at me and told, he would find me and dry loot me. Not much later, I saw him outside my house. I went out to fight him instead of hiding in my house. I did die BUT did not get dry looted. He offered me a rez and did not loot at all.

That was just one of cases, where I made someone mad at me on a forum and they told they would find me ingame and kill me, but in all cases, I got a rez and no looting.

Maybe it's time some others here get ingame and accept the fight so we can get cleaned the air, special between some blue and some reds.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do participate in Siege. *smiles* Where have ya been lately?