• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Weapon to defend spawns with as a sampire?

Rimmuk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just returned back to the game after a 4 year break and I am curious what weapon people use that play sampires to defend spawns with when a red(s) trying and kill you? I'm not one to roll over and run away if I get raided and want to make a weapon specifically built to combat that. I run with 120 swords and have max ssi, di, hci on my suit along w/ hld on my helm so it's just weapon perks that I need. I also run with 120 resist if that makes a difference.

What do you all recommend to defend the best with? hit lightning, mana drain, stamina drain? what else, something different? And what sword is the best? A bladed staff for armor ignore? something else?

Thanks for sharing what weapon you use, really curious to see what they are since it's been a long time since I've pvp'ed.

mihali

Sage
Not much into that but likely to be a bokuto due to nerve strike, with likely : Splintering 20, hit lightning 50, hit lower defense on it, possibly mana drain, or hit fatigue. You dont mind it it is not "clean" since you will not pvp frequently with it. So it could be something even imbued for this purpose. Paralysis breaking wood box is not too pricey, and potions. Problem is theres usually more than one red. I am waiting to see what others say also.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no PVPer, but I like to defend and fight.
Others can offer much more insight than me as I'm learning, the below is merely food for thought.

Generally a Samp aint really gonna have much killing power vs a proper PVP build, so I cheese a bit with:

- Splinter + reactive paralyze + Hit lightning + DCI (overcap) rune blade - Disarm and spellweave and hope for Splinter/HL to proc alongside AI/mortal/bleed.Is leg arti and has leeches on too. Prized, so can repair. It's the best that was on sale at the time in my modest budget. I need a better weap. [edited as it doesn't have leeches and isn't leg arti]
- Imbued hatchet for more reliable disarm/AI combos. has HLD (in addition to M&S) HLA + leeches. Is probably wrong, but it's a cheap tool.
- Always have a (HLA/HML/HSL/HL/DI non slayer) bladed staff on me for general PVM, which can be used for dismount if required.

I'd like to get a bok, but cant craft them and my shard is quiet.

Recommend reactive para for offense vs archers and defence vs...everything.
I personally prefer Bushido mastery as well for uninterrupted confidence (the +mana is just a bonus), it's literally a life saver.
If I were a macer, I'd probably use those masteries.

Attachments

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is what I am running with on my Sampire if one of my spawns gets raided:

1644900401080.png

Hatchet has Armor Ignore and Disarm as specials. So good for damage and defense if you can successfully get off a disarm. I have Balanced on it so that I can chug pots if I am getting chased. HLA and HLD just to debuff who ever is trying to get after me. Mainly for defensive PVP purposes only, just to give myself a fighting chance if I am getting 1v1'ed. If you're getting smacked around by a group, best bet is to try to escape.