• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Tourney Results

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you please enlighten me as to what the "create food bug" does?
ill admit when i was wrong because i trust aries wasnt using what i thought the was...

i know there was a bug that existed (still exists?) with being able to negate the mana cost of special moves (im not going to explain here how it is/was done)..but i talked to him in icq and thats not what he was doing...so my apologies

S

SUPRsalad

I'd like to see Gellor set up a REAL tourney. I have faith that he has not only the pvp education, but the patience, to do something like that..

all in favor, say I.

I.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pacific originally..i did however play with the wargasm your thinking of..i was in L%C on napa for a short while

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pacific originally..i did however play with the wargasm your thinking of..i was in L%C on napa for a short while
Was just curious, I believe Napa is where the first notion of create food being a bug arose.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly i just read about it multiple times on other forums and heard others complaining about it..i never tried it myself but i had dexxers chasing me around casting create food a whole bunch so i just assumed it to be true..

till aries explained to me why he uses it..i had no idea

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the create food thing really a bug? From what I understand it's not.. unless people do it for another reason that I don't know about.

I had a friend who used to carry spell channeling weapons but a no SC shield. When he needed to chug he would mini heal himself and chug a cure to avoid the disarm wait timer normally associated wen you disarm a shield and chug.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what i understand its just to disarm quicker then hitting the uoa disarm macro...if you want a link to what i was originally talking about icq me since they wont let me post that link on here 121626723

G

Gellor

I'd like to see Gellor set up a REAL tourney.
I'd love to have a trillion gold and a billion dollars:thumbup:

I have faith that he has not only the pvp education, but the patience, to do something like that..
My PvP education is pretty bad. I know fields and area of effect:mf_prop:

I have no idea on the "l33t" duel rules speak... almost as bad as trying to order some fruity coffee drink: "I'll get a half caf-double lemon-third chocolate vente caramel mocha at room temperature":confused::confused:

As for my patience, it may seem like I have the patience of a saint... but my collection of dead keyboards says otherwise:party:

I would no way attempt running a tourney for the following reasons:
  1. No control over outside location - as mentioned above, even if I had perfect control over the inside of a house, I have no control over what happens near the house. This means people trying to cause lag by whatever means. Fields into the house. EMs have the ultimate control here and could setup a secure no recall/gate zone to prevent ALL outside house issues.
  2. Minimal control over inside location - yup, I can boot people out of the house. But then it goes to issue one.
  3. Accusation of bias over hard ass rule enforcement - I would do a one warning per guild rule. If two people of the same guild screw around("accidental" wither or not), the whole guild would go. As mentioned in this post, I have little patience; especially after warnings:rant2:

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly i just read about it multiple times on other forums and heard others complaining about it..i never tried it myself but i had dexxers chasing me around casting create food a whole bunch so i just assumed it to be true..

till aries explained to me why he uses it..i had no idea
People will always cry hacks and cheats, simply because they don't understand what's happening. I feel that itself, is a bigger problem than actual cheats in PvP.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what people are missing here is it doesn't matter who started the ****. The tournament was going to be a Chad sweep, just like Baja. This thread was going to end in controversy either way, because nobody likes Chad. Fact is if Chad were a nerve strike artist with an orc brute you guys would be like, "oh my God chad you are the best can I be your dismounter?" but because he is a skilled mage you rebel and blame him for halting a tournament he clearly would have won anyway. I know what it's like to be in this position, so please give the man his plaque. I'm just telling it like it is, straight up. Don't pretend like it would have ended any differently. Chad you are the winner, and in 2011 I will destroy you so my name can be next to yours in history. Thanks.

R

Rand Al

I think what people are missing here is it doesn't matter who started the ****. The tournament was going to be a Chad sweep, just like Baja. This thread was going to end in controversy either way, because nobody likes Chad. Fact is if Chad were a nerve strike artist with an orc brute you guys would be like, "oh my God chad you are the best can I be your dismounter?" but because he is a skilled mage you rebel and blame him for halting a tournament he clearly would have won anyway. I know what it's like to be in this position, so please give the man his plaque. I'm just telling it like it is, straight up. Don't pretend like it would have ended any differently. Chad you are the winner, and in 2011 I will destroy you so my name can be next to yours in history. Thanks.
Umm chad had nothing to do with it his guildys did

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chad wins the tournament, that's all that I recognize and what you should recognize, too. I don't care about his guild. They are a bunch of followers that are only half as effective when not in his presence. Perhaps you don't know who Chad is. Silence yourself, unworthy peasant.

R

Rand Al

Chad wins the tournament, that's all that I recognize and what you should recognize, too. I don't care about his guild. They are a bunch of followers that are only half as effective when not in his presence. Perhaps you don't know who Chad is. Silence yourself, unworthy peasant.
If you look at other duels that happened here chad lost to kyrite before and as far as knowing who chad is i was in his guild before so i do know who he is and that yes he is a good uo player. He needs to be good at something whats yours? hanging off chads nuts?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look at other duels that happened here chad lost to kyrite before and as far as knowing who chad is i was in his guild before so i do know who he is and that yes he is a good uo player. He needs to be good at something whats yours? hanging off chads nuts?
Yeah.. LOL Chad Worshiper

E

Eyes of Origin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pan, you should walk away like I did. =/

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dueling means nothing, it is a very small fraction of PvP and there is not enough balance in this game to make it a viable measure of dominance. It's nice of you to point out that Chad lost to Kyrite. But Kyrite died too. Why didn't you mention that?

I am a complete player. I would make you look like a stupid, horrid player. I'm not a groupie like you. I don't sit in Ventrilo with my big and bad zerg guild overanalyzing everything, because I could care less. Those are the kinds of groupies that make UO worth playing to fight against.

I am nothing like Morgaine. I don't walk away or hop from guild to guild because I am not a groupie. She knows better than to tell me to do what she would do. I am not a groupie. I don't need to gossip. I don't need the attention but I get enough of that from all of the groupies that play this game because they hate people that don't fall into their little groupie cliche. You are all the same. And players like me set the bar with individual performance.

Chad has shown individual decency and my thesis remains that he won this tournament, and you all hate the fact because he is a skilled mage and you are all groupies.

E

Eyes of Origin

Do we really need to rehash this Pan? I went from a trammy guild to a pvp guild.. pvp guild quit playing.. moved to the only other pvp guild on shard at that time... old pvp guild starts playing again and I dont come back.... it happened.. get over it.... thought we were done with all this? it's been just about a year now... :(

and here comes the Pan Arcane I know =/

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want you to admit that you will always go and join the zerg. You always had people to play with even if it is only 2 or 3 but you choose to join the biggest guilds possible, and those guilds love it because they get to hear your sexy voice every day while fantasizing about their next 12-man rat spawn. Once you left us we never offered to have you back.

E

Eyes of Origin

I :lol:'d cause it was funny you were trying to tell someone who knows Chad and has been in the same guild as Chad, that he knows nothing about Chad.

I say walk away because your drama isnt needed on Pacific. There's already enough drama here from the players that actually play here.

E

Eyes of Origin

I just want you to admit that you will always go and join the zerg. You always had people to play with even if it is only 2 or 3 but you choose to join the biggest guilds possible, and those guilds love it because they get to hear your sexy voice every day while fantasizing about their next 12-man rat spawn. Once you left us we never offered to have you back.
When I left FFBz, there was no one, not even one other person logging in. Soldevi was working on chars on other shards, you had quit, Toi's wife had just had a baby, so he wasnt playing... almost everyone else in that guild didnt mattered, but they werent playing either.
I played in KD which was R when there were only 2 or 3 of us on.. it didnt matter how many we had. There are a few reasons I am no longer with KD.

LOL I am in a guild with myself and one other person on Pacific.. yup, thats zerg alright. And if she loves listening to my voice then thats on her lol

And yes, I was offered a spot back in the guild, check your facts before you post here. I turned it down, ask Toi.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yes, I was offered a spot back in the guild, check your facts before you post here. I turned it down, ask Toi.
I don't know who authorized this transaction. ............. ?

So you are telling me that not only is this individual jealous of Chad's superior skills on a mage but he is also a rebelling former Chad groupie with his hatred. This seals the deal and I am done hijacking this thread.

Thanks and good bye. =)

E

Eyes of Origin

Yes, please return to Lake Austin or where ever you are playing now and take all your drama with you, jeez.

Respect Chad's game skills? Yes. Jealous? Not even close.

M

mutau

*watches and snacks on popcorn*

Its like "As the World Turns" but a little better.

R

Rand Al

Pan you must be a lonely little guy:( As for Chad winning. You never know what will happen in a turny and i never said you could not take down kyrite in a fight but he can also take you down even someone like joe boxer could get lucky and never miss a shot on you so as for you winning by default cause your chad and you have a guy hanging off your nuts named pan does not make you the winner. Actually having pan on your nuts might make it a loss he is extra baggage.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pan you must be a lonely little guy:( As for Chad winning. You never know what will happen in a turny and i never said you could not take down kyrite in a fight but he can also take you down even someone like joe boxer could get lucky and never miss a shot on you so as for you winning by default cause your chad and you have a guy hanging off your nuts named pan does not make you the winner. Actually having pan on your nuts might make it a loss he is extra baggage.
Hahahah Pan is funny dude.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People will always cry hacks and cheats, simply because they don't understand what's happening. I feel that itself, is a bigger problem than actual cheats in PvP.
Of course you would feel that way, look at the company you keep. :lol:

M

mutau

Chad's posting that screenie would have been legal except on the right side of the paperdoll were 3 other slots.

Posting screenshots of hacks or client modification are against Stratic's RoC and UO ToS.

Because of the nature of screenshot, it was removed.

R

Rand Al

Chad's posting that screenie would have been legal except on the right side of the paperdoll were 3 other slots.

Posting screenshots of hacks or client modification are against Stratic's RoC and UO ToS.

Because of the nature of screenshot, it was removed.
Owned

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Dueling means nothing, it is a very small fraction of PvP and there is not enough balance in this game to make it a viable measure of dominance. It's nice of you to point out that Chad lost to Kyrite. But Kyrite died too. Why didn't you mention that?

I am a complete player. I would make you look like a stupid, horrid player. I'm not a groupie like you. I don't sit in Ventrilo with my big and bad zerg guild overanalyzing everything, because I could care less. Those are the kinds of groupies that make UO worth playing to fight against.

I am nothing like Morgaine. I don't walk away or hop from guild to guild because I am not a groupie. She knows better than to tell me to do what she would do. I am not a groupie. I don't need to gossip. I don't need the attention but I get enough of that from all of the groupies that play this game because they hate people that don't fall into their little groupie cliche. You are all the same. And players like me set the bar with individual performance.

Chad has shown individual decency and my thesis remains that he won this tournament, and you all hate the fact because he is a skilled mage and you are all groupies.
u know the mage chad used might be the most gimp mage since wanding necros, its easy, 90% of the temp is based on you hitting your opponent and has nothing to do with mage skill... and in all honesty with that temp he probably would of won
here is me running the tact mage with max ss, now chad has killed me a few times with this temp i just find no skill at all in it, exp ai ai ai, exp hits person dies

its a nasty temp and i give him all the credit in the world of thinking of it, but its by far a gimp ass temp and that pretty much sums up everything chad is about...

S

SUPRsalad

yeah but watch, If i build the same template It will go,
'explo,*wiff* *wiff* *wiff* *wiff* *wiff* explo, wait, ****, interrupted, oh! DEAD!
The guy has luck like baron..

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was nuts seeing Ironclad ( Pure Dexxer ) get killed by Chad ( Dexxer Mage )..

Chad barely used a spell when defeating Clad...

R

Rand Al

yea my chars suck at defense and my dexers rarely hit takes forever to get 3+ hits on someone in a row and one day i shot at iceburn and never hit him and my archers suit does not suck i have 180 stam 45 hci 40 hld 45 dci and wiff wiff wiff my mage has 70 dci 80 stam and its wack wack wack wack i gotta work at 200% to achieve what it takes some people only 20%. The game hates me i swear but hay ill try a different one soon and hope it is good so i can remove uo off the ol hdd.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea my chars suck at defense and my dexers rarely hit takes forever to get 3+ hits on someone in a row and one day i shot at iceburn and never hit him and my archers suit does not suck i have 180 stam 45 hci 40 hld 45 dci and wiff wiff wiff my mage has 70 dci 80 stam and its wack wack wack wack i gotta work at 200% to achieve what it takes some people only 20%. The game hates me i swear but hay ill try a different one soon and hope it is good so i can remove uo off the ol hdd.
Damn bro , UO has you down.

*Hugs*

It's okay Rand : ]

R

Rand Al

shoot i haven't really liked playing this game for the last 5 months just have friends that i like to bs with in game!