• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] pvp template help

growl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorta new player here looking for help on throwing template.

So far I'm going with-

120 throw
120 magicresist
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 parry
100 tactics

Should I add a skill like ninjitsu, or bushido or bump them all up to 120? Maybe 40 necro/spiritspeak for wraith form? Does leech even work in pvp?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would probably dump parry since it only works if you have a shield and by having a shield your hit chance is reduced. I tried it with 120 throwing and 120 parry about 6 months ago when they made the last change about being able to parry with throwing and I noticed that the miss ratio was pretty noticeable. I would probably replace parry with ninjitsu so that if/when you get dismounted you have to option of getting into form. As far as the rest of the template, it really all depends that templates your fighting against and are you looking at field fights, 1v1, or choke points at spawns and how fast you ping to the shard you play.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have read that you get 20% penalty to your hit chance with 120 parry.

Note that hit chance is not hit chance increase. This mean with 120 weapon and 50% hci you will miss 20% of time vs 0 weapon and -50% dci (negative dci).

C

Cyric_SP

120 throwing
120 bush
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 med
80 chiv

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-warrior/209125-throwing-wammy-2.html
This is for a PvM thrower. You have to have resist for PvP. Once they find out you have no resist, you're Para/Dead. Back in the day, you use to be able to use trapped pouches to break para. No idea if that still works as I haven't pvp'd at all in the month I've been back. It seems like they didn't change too much as far game mechanics so I assume this still works. Then again, how many trapped pouches do you really want to carry for pvp?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trap boxes still work great. That being said not sure why you really want bush on this. I would chug which takes away the need for evasion. Most of the other uses aren't there so for pure pvp I would drop the bush and put in resist or ninja.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have a tbc and I can solo everything I have tried (medussa ,any fel champ,corgul, stygian dragon, any mini champ.)

120 throwing
120 bush
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 med
80 chiv

suit:
all 70s resist 40 lmc 65 dci 40 hci 10 mr 50 ep 95 di alot of stam increase max hp increase of 25 and mana increase for what ever is left.
I do use the mace n shields for the lower d which does seem to work for me.

146 str with pot
146 hp
150 dex with pot
188 stam
65 intel
92 mana

weapon:
soul glaivin with 30 ssi 50 stam leach 37 mana leach (slayer/superslayer) if reg slayer 35 di if super slayer 25 di.

all my weapons are also resist based for example my dragon slayer is a 100% cold. I do not have to conencrate weapon this way i just AI and LS. after honoring the monster

Honor, Enemy of one, AI till low on mana then I LS. I make sure I have plenty of pots str and dex and purple petals to keep my str and dex up for my battle.
I have found I do not have mana problems at all even with only the 37 mana leach. I do throw at 1.25 and do very well against all monsters . someone also mentioned a 270 hit the highest i have hit is 299 and that was on a corgul. If their is alot of monsters I use momentum strike. in some cases i do have a soul glavin with 30 ssi 50 stam leach 37 mana leach 33 life leach and 40 di. momentum strike in mass amounts of monsters keeps you alive pretty nicely

I am working on a disco version of this template to see if it makes a difference.

I also use this template for pvp and it works great also.

I have a ninja version of this temp that is also very good.
I gave you the link.