• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Questions

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I know in PvP combat that a Repond Slayer has no effect against other players, or other humans for that matter. But I noticed that the spell Vampiric Embrace says + 25% damage from Undead Slayer Weapons. Does this apply in PvP combat or is this just in the rare instance that an NPC mob, like a captain from Blackthorn, wields an Undead Slayer weapon?
If this does the +25% damage, do people who PvP carry an undead slayer weapon since a lot of sampires out there run Vampiric Embrace?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It used to impact in PvP so I assume it still does. I mean they have to have some kind of debuff due to the poison immunity they have.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think you meant PKing. Sampires are PvM templates. The only time im pvping on a sampire is when im defending a spawn. I have yet to see a sampire in VVV so true PvPers dont run undead slayer cameos. You will see more banes than you do sampires.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I think you meant PKing. Sampires are PvM templates. The only time im pvping on a sampire is when im defending a spawn. I have yet to see a sampire in VVV so true PvPers dont run undead slayer cameos. You will see more banes than you do sampires.
Yes that is what I meant. PKing. Yeah it was just an interesting thought I had since many people run sampires, and PKers should be used to seeing their prey running Vampiric Embrace especially at a spawn.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Nox Mage used to use an Undead Slayer Scrapper's Compendium in PvP just in case the opponent was in Wraith or Vampire Form. Was able to deal more damage to them that way. 120 Eval+GM Inscrip+25% SDI+Undead Slayer dealt some pretty hefty damage to Sampires and Wraiths at a spawn, especially in a Exp+FS opening combo.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So another totally different question but still in the PvP thread. I have a sampire that I have built up and am running at spawns and other content. I am pretty new to melee fighting as I've always been a ranged fighter so I'm learning as I go here. I run GM Chiv/Necro/SS/Tact/Bush/Parry, with 120 Swords & lvl 3 Swords Mastery. I have assembled an awesome suit, at least in my opinion, from all of my farming over the years on my Tamer. I have 45 HCI, 45DCI, 95 DI, 54 LMC, 50 EP, 35 SSI, 30 HLD, Resists maxed even in vamp form, HP I think 143 without strength potion, 95 Mana, Stam 170 without agility potion. No town buff included with this build but I'm not sure what I would add to it, How can I use this to defend well if I'm raided at a spawn?

I'm thinking to keep a different weapon on me that I can quickly change into but I'm honestly not sure what that weapon should be, maybe something that has hit fireball or hit fire area along with HLA, HLL, HML, HSL. I could use a poisoned butcher knife for the Disarm & Infectious Strike move against another melee character though my poison would be low level and just for annoyance. Or would I be better just trying to catch them and land Double Strike or AI's on them with a double axe or bladed staff? Or is there a different weapon special I should be looking at? I'm normally in Vamp Form and could cast Corpse Skin on an attacking player. Then I could either have a 100% fire damage weapon or just use consecrate weapon.

Is Blood Oath or Mind Rot useful since most Pker's are going to have high resist?

I figure I can cast evade to try dodging magic attacks since most mage pk's are going to open with a exp + ebolt or Flamestrike. I was also toying with running Protection off of a scroll.

I also have a GM alchemist to have for extra potentials. After I cast Corpse skin, I could throw out some Great Conflagaration Potions to take advantage of my 50 EP.

Anyone have any other thoughts? Run run as fast as I can?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes that is what I meant. PKing. Yeah it was just an interesting thought I had since many people run sampires, and PKers should be used to seeing their prey running Vampiric Embrace especially at a spawn.
I usually just use a ward removal talisman to remove their Vampiric Embrace and let the spawn do the work for me. Then again, I'm not much of a PvPer, more of an opportunist. I do happen to know that undead slayers do work on players in Vamp and Wraith form but you are still subject to the PvP damage cap.