• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP pets

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Hi all, looking for ideas on a PvP pet.

something that can help defend me if I do a champ spawn on my sampire

I was thinking a Tsuki Wolf with only dismount and poisoning. Aim for 190 dex for max move speed.

any other good ideas out there?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tamers have a bit of a tough time in PvP as the pets really aren't all that great. While I don't really use him I have a legacy mare with mage mastery and dismount. If your looking for something like you described above, a Naja might do a better job. Skrees can be fun to as they have magery and mystic. A rune beetle is also still a decent choice as well. The pets are there more to annoy your attacker. Your going to need a decent PvP set up on the tamer you wish to use. I find a wrestle parry tamer quite easy to play and relatively effective. You'll have no resist so gotta have trap boxes and all the other set ups to work it. You'll also need to be a gargoyle. Perhaps someone who actually uses a PvP tamer has some better advice but those were what I was messing with when tamers were a bit op. Also, don't burn a legacy or bane dragon on a PvP pet, it's just not worth it and you'll have regrets. Gl.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamers get whupped in pvp for the most part. Animals don't get hci/dci, players do. Most tamer pvp temps I see are dismounters. Ride pet, dismount, dismount the other player, hop back on mount when you can. The horses get used more than actual pets tho.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pvp wise, your looking for something to harry your target. Something like necromage mare.
Lower str(pet damage is capped, so more mana and stam regen)
Youbwant something that can poison and curse, debuff, all that.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Pvp wise, your looking for something to harry your target. Something like necromage mare.
Lower str(pet damage is capped, so more mana and stam regen)
Youbwant something that can poison and curse, debuff, all that.
Also possibly dismount, I don't know pets that would disarm, then you have to spec your tamer for some variant of PvP temp. Extremely hard to compete as a tamer, but maybe possible with modified/specialized temp. Never-ever at full speed with present day pure PvP temps.