• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Mage Templates

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 MAGE
120 EVAL
120 RESIST
120 MED
100 SCRIBE
80 POISON
60 NECRO

this is my personal mage temp that i have used for the past 3 years. it is the BEST field fighting/ 1v1 template you can run.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 MAGE
120 EVAL
120 RESIST
120 MED
100 SCRIBE
80 POISON
60 NECRO

this is my personal mage temp that i have used for the past 3 years. it is the BEST field fighting/ 1v1 template you can run.
Apple-cure pot nixes most of ur ability.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine is a mystic mage, inscribe isn't at 100 yet but will be when i finally put it on him.
mage 90 + 10 ring
eval 100
med 100 + 20 ring and britches
focus 120
myst 110 +10 ring
resist 100
inscribe 100

im currently using the tome of lost knowledge to get +15 mage to put me at 115 i have 2/5 with book equipped with 40 lmc.

is this temp even up to par?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'd recommend ditching all that skill bonus, and running scribe and about 40 med, and get somewhere around 20 mana regen

120 mage
120 eval
120 focus
120 mystic
120 resist
100 scribe
40 med

(still need some skill bonus)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 MAGE
120 EVAL
120 RESIST
120 MED
100 SCRIBE
80 POISON
60 NECRO

No wonder you suck
I ran a similar template, but had 60 med and 60 spirit speak. It is a fun template, and was my favorite until everyone started chugging pots.

J

[JD]

im running a garg

120 mage/eval/myst/focus
--
pts to spare, usually put either in resist and/or med, though i'm open to ideas

im sucking hardcore in pvp... i heard a "rumor" that "gargoyles cast slower".. any truth?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im running a garg

120 mage/eval/myst/focus
--
pts to spare, usually put either in resist and/or med, though i'm open to ideas

im sucking hardcore in pvp... i heard a "rumor" that "gargoyles cast slower".. any truth?
Gargs doesnt cast slower, if anything flying makes you harder to hit by meleers due to the z-axis which confuses many people where to stand on to take a melee swing at you. (well it's also harder for you to get the right melee range for harm spell)

You should take resist hands down since 120 focus already cuts DR effect on MR mods down, while it's not as good as 120 med, additional mana regen from med isnt needed unless you planning on dueling (which again your best bet would still be resist).

Shards with very little mages (like sonoma) you can consider taking something else other than resist. I would do resist, but that's just me.

T

Tox The Murder

120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Parry/Spells
120 Med
120 Swords
100 Bushido

I'm thinking about doing this temp. What would be my suit? I'm going non fac for now

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Parry/Spells
120 Med
120 Swords
100 Bushido

I'm thinking about doing this temp. What would be my suit? I'm going non fac for now
You are going to need tactics, otherwise you might as well do a mage weap instead of swords. with tactics tho you can nerve strike. I'd recommend this if you want a bushy mage.

120 magery
120 eval
120 swords
100 tactics
120 bushido
100 med
60 parry

It is really tight to fit in all ur hci/dci/casting/spell dmg/lrc/hit points/mr/etc. I set it up and the only thing i really lacked was EP, and didn't have as much dci as i would have liked on a mage. Haven't looked at it in a while tho.

N

NickyDishes

Haha, my chiv/parry mage dominates.

110 Magery
110 Eval
110 Med
110 Parry
110 Resist
100 Inscribe
60 chiv

1/3 Ring with 10 Chiv
1/2 Brace with 10 Chiv
Scrappers
Arcane Shield

Max karma + 4/6 + Parry = this character survives a lot.

This character is made to just survive. Ive only died at a raid one time, and that was because of 3 dog archers and some lag. Its a good template, and even without a melee skill, the inscribe makes up for the damage.
u need wrestle,defensive wrestle, or a weapon skill in order for parry to be effective