• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Mage Templates

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DUE TO CAPPING & SKILL REQUIREMENTS SINCE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED SOME OF THE TEMPLATES MAY NOT BE PLAYABLE AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED***

Due to the forthcoming changes i expect a influx of Mages.
So i have prepared a brief overview of each of the major templates to help them out.

This isn't written for new players to the game i expect a base knowledge of all the skills and things mentioned.

Finally these templates are not final they can be adapted for every individual out there wishing to play a mage. So if you don't have a 250 stat cap altar it to whatever you do have, same goes for the skill cap.

I look forward to seeing all the new mages out there in the field.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Advanced Mage PVP Templates

This tutorial is for advanced players and a basic knowledge of the topic is assumed.

Player versus Player (PvP) Mage templates have a few skills that are essential and should not be dropped. These essential skils are magery, evaluate intelligence and meditation, you will also need a way to defend yourself from melee attacks as well as resisting spells to prevent other mages from exploiting a very big hole in your template.

I will not recommend statistics in this tutorial due to stat increase from artifacts and armour making it a very personal preference, however a basic setup would be

Strength 90
dexterity 40
Intelligence 120

This is of course assuming a 250 stat char and can be adapted to suit your needs.

The following templates are widely used and can be adapted by a individual to suit his/her needs.

Scribe Mage

The Aim of this template is to deal high damage via mage spells, this is achieved by including Inscription in the template. At Grandmaster this bonus is 10 Spell Damage Increase (SDI) unfortunately the bonus Inscription gives work in segments of 20 skill with a bonus 5 SDI for reaching GM therfore it is very important if you choose to play a scribe mage you take inscription all the way to GM otherwise you will have below par results for your skill points.
This 10 SDI from GM Inscription isn't affected by the SDI PVP cap therfore with the inclusion of 15 SDI from items which is the current cap, 25 SDI can be achieved from these 2 alone.

When combined with the SDI benefits of Evaluate Intelligence and high levels on Intelligence the results can be devastating.
This is achieved by following these equations

Eval. Int. Bonus: ((EvalInt * 3) / 100) + 1
Intelligence Bonus: (INT / 10) (Drop decimals from result) Up to 120.
GM Inscription Bonus: 10% Damage Bonus
Spell Damage Increase: Int. Bonus + Inscr. Bonus + Spell Damage Increase Items*

Total Damage: (Base Damage * Eval. Int. Bonus) * ((Spell Damage Increase / 100) + 1) (Drop decimals from result)

Two common templates are: (Assuming 700 skill points)

120 Magery
120 Evaluate Intelligence
120 Resist Spells
120 Meditation
120 Wrestle/Swords/Fencing/Macing/Archery
100 Inscription

This is a expensive high end template to put together but will maximise your offensive capabilities. Your defensive skill is a personal preference some mages prefer wrestling due to be able to use a book or chug pots whilst some may prefer archery for it's ranged damage ability.
It is possible to free up these 120 Skill points by using a mage weapon -0 skill such as Staff of the Magi and Swords of Prosperity however i would advise against this due to the fact if you are disarmed you will be hit by a dexxer 100% of the time.

A more cost efficient template would be

115 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
115 Resist
115 Wrestle/Swords/Fencing/Macing/Archery
100 Inscription

The remainding skill points can be put into miscellaneous skills which are at the end of this thread.

Nox Mage

As you've guessed by the title this character uses poisoning on his/her template to deal extra damage to opponents. Poisoning is a expensive and hard skill to train however it can be extremely useful in both 1 vs 1 pvp and group pvp in the field.

This skill is capable of enhancing the level of poison you cast within two tiles of the target, or with poison fields. How high a level of poison you cast is based on how much combined poisoning skill and magery you have on your template ((magery + poisoning)/2; if that's equal or greater than 65, you will cast normal poison instead of the standard lesser poison. If it's greater or equal to 85, you'll cast greater poison, and lastly, if it's greater or equal to 100, you will cast deadly poison without fail).

If you combine it with a weapon skill and the weapon skill + poisoning is 200.0 or more, you will receive a -5 mana reduction on all special moves, as well as being able to inflict poisoning with a weapon that is 1 level higher (poisoning skill = percentage chance of higher level poison), so you can inflict up to level 5 poison for a mere 10 mana.
One thing to be warned about regarding increasing poisoning is that, while the level of poison increases, that doesn't necessarily mean that it becomes better - lesser poison, the one normally cast, is the fastest poison in the game, and as such, it's far better for interrupting enemy mages in PvP than even level 5 poison is.

Yet again i suggest taking Poisoning all the way to GM to make full use of it when using spells and the *Infecting* weapon skill.

GM Poisoning = Deadly Poison Fields (Excellent for group field pvp)
Deadly Poison spell when within 2 tiles of the target

Now we have looked at the spell capabilities of the nox mage we'll move onto the weapons used by such a template and why.

This is calculated differently to the magey spells

The Poisoning skill will give a (Poisoning Skill)% chance to increase the level of poison delivered by 1. The blade must have poison applied to it. The power of the poison depends on the type of poison used and your poisoning skill.
With Poisoning skill 0.0 - 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (with a chance of level 0)
With Poisoning skill 20.0 - 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (with a chance of level 3)
With Poisoning skill 40.0 - 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (with a chance of level 4)
With Poisoning skill 60.0 - 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (with a chance of level 5)

Therfore at GM Poisoning if you use the *Infecting* special move with a weapon which has Deadly Poison applied to it you have a 100% chance of upping the poison to Lethal Poison. For this very reason i suggest poisoning is taken to 100 and either a fencing /swords weapon is used as these are the only melee classes with the *infecting* special move.

If you choose not to use one of these weapon skills you will not be utilising your nox template to it's full potential and just have magery spells to rely on for your poisoning needs.

Weapons with this move are:
Butcher’s Knife
Dagger
Cleaver
Kryss
Pike
Double Bladed Staff

A common template (assuming 700 skill points)
120 Magery
120 Resist Spells
120 Meditation
120 Swords/Fencing
100 Poisoning

115 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
115 Resist
115 Swords/Fencing
100 Poisoning

The remainding skill points can be put into miscellaneous skills which are at the end of this thread.

Tactics Mage

The tactics mage is exactly that, a mage which has tactics.
The reason behind this is so the mage can deal damage from his/her weapon as well as magery.
Due to this reason wrestling is never used by a tactics mage and for once those slow but hard hitting macing weapons come into there own.

The reason of taking Tactics in favour of anatomy is that at Grandmaster level Tactics gives a 68.75% bonus whilst anatomy only gives a 55% damage bonus.

I will not go into detail of all the weapons you can choose because there is so many however what i will say is that hard hitting weapons that may be too slow for a dexxer wanting to swing at the swing speed cap really come into there own on a tactics mage. The main special move used by a tactics mage is Armour Ignore which at GM Tactics on a hard hitting weapon such the hammerpick, Longsword can do around 25-35 hp Damage.

Now considering Publish 38 is capping Armour Ignores and Critical Strikes at 35 HP anyway then tactics mages are laughing as they can do the same damage as a dexxer using this move.

A few examples of these weapons are:

HammerPick - Armour Ignore & Mortal
War Axe - Armour Ignore & Bleed
Spear - Armour Ignore & Paralyse
Longsword - Armour Ignore & Concussion
Broadsword - Armour Ignore & Crushing blow
Composite Bow - Armour Ignore & Moving Shot

These are the most popular weapons for a tactics mage, as you can see none are particulary fast however the idea of this template isn't to hit fast it's to do high damage when the weapon does hit, weapons such as the hammerpick and war axe are ideal for this.
120 Magery
120 Resist Spells
120 Meditation
120 Swords/Fencing/Macing/Archery
100 Tactics

115 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
115 Resist
115 Swords/FencingMacing/Archery
115 Tactics

Parry Mage

This template gives the player extra protection against dexxers in the pvp world. The mage uses a one handed weapon or wrestling and a shield when combined with the Parrying skill and high dexterity levels gives the mage a 30% chance of blocking at GM.

For parrying to be useful the mage MUST use a shield, this then gives them the choice of using a one handed weapon or a spellbook if they have wrestling, however this means archery is not viable for this template
Although at the beginning of this i said i was not going to advise on statistics of any of these templates this is the exception as dexterity is a component modifier of the parry chance.

This is as follows
Blocking with a shield:
% Chance = (Parrying - Bushido) / 4 (If less than 0, the chance is 0)
(Add 5% if Parrying or Bushido skill is 100 or above)

Dexterity Modifier if dex is less than 80: (80 - Dexterity) / 100 (If Dexterity is higher than 80, the modifier is 0)
Final % Chance of blocking = Base Chance * (1 - Dexterity Modifier)

As you can see to get the most out of your Parrying skill points you will need a minimum of 80 dexterity which is EXTREMELY high for a mage template making it one of the tighest stat templates ingame.

The good news is with all the artifacts and rewards ingame these day it's not impossible to reach such levels.
The stat template i use on my parry mage is 70,80,100, i then raise my strength and intelligence through artifacts and reward items.
At GM Parrying you will have a 30% chance of blocking a melee attack with a shield If you cannot reach 80 dexterity on your mage then this 30% will fall considerably therfore if you cannot reach 80 dex then it's probably best not to take on this tight template because you won't be getting the most out of your skill points.

This template combined with high Defence Chance Increase (DCI) will make it extremely hard for a dexxer to hit you often and therfore give you a clear advantage in a fight .

120 Magery
120 Resist Spells
120 Meditation
120 Swords/Fencing/Macing/Wrestle
100 Parrying

115 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
115 Resist
115 Swords/FencingMacing/Wrestle
115 Parry

Chiv Mage

A Chiv mage is a mage that takes advantage of the current faster casting/faster casting recovery cap of chivlary which is 4/6.
Whilst chivlary spells such as Enemy of One, Consecrate weapon may not be very useul for a mage there and still plenty of spells that are.

Dispel evil, is a life saver when surrounded by monsters at a champion spawn.
Holy Light is a excellent area affect spell which is similar to the necromancers wither.
Cleanse by fire has more of a chance of curing the higher level poisons than the normal cure spell.
Divine fury is excellent for a stamina refresh when low of stamina from getting hit by a dexxer or pushing through champ spawns.

The main reason mages take up chivlary is for the Close Wounds spell.
As i mentioned before the current cap for chivlary is 4/6, this allows a mage to cast close wounds at the same speed as a circle 2 magery spell.

To get the most out of this template you will need high karma due to the chivlary being more affective at high karma levels.
At the highest karma levels close wounds will heal up to 39 HP per spell, therfore if you have 4/6 on that char you can heal 39hp at the same speed of a circle 2 magery spell such as harm.

This makes chiv mages extremely hard to kill when they can heal so fast , the fact that they are casting faster means there's less chance of being disrupted and you getting the heal off.

To make this template work at it's best you will need 4/6 casting (which is easy to get from rewards and artifacts) and high karma levels.

120 Magery
120 Resist Spells
120 Meditation
120 Swords/Fencing/Macing/Wrestle/Archery
100 Chivlary

115 Magery
115 Eval
115 Med
115 Resist
115 Swords/FencingMacing/Wrestle/Archery
105 Chivlary

Necro Mage

This is without a doubt one of the most fun but challenging templates to play. Yep you've guessed it it's a mage with necromancy....... but wait necromancy is no good without Spirit Speak so we'll have to fit that in too.

It's virtually impossible to build a proper scrolled necromancer mage so keep that in mind before walking the path; alternatively, you can use artifacts (staff of the magi and midnight bracers) to make up for some skill points and scroll other skills with.

Adding necromancy and Spirit speak adds another level to your mage - in form of 16 new spells, and a new form of healing (that'll heal through anything, even mortal wound and poison). Strangle is a excellent spell as it'll interrupt your opponent and can be removed with nothing short of remove curse, as well as being a poison based spell that does more damage based on how much stamina your opponent has left.
Pain spike is a great finisher to any arsenal, and seeing as it only costs 5 mana, it's always a great bet, not to mention that it lowers stamina drastically, and as such is great in combination with strangle.

Corpse skin will add damage to your fire based spells (of which necromancy has none) as it lowers fire resist by 15 points, but keep in mind that it raises poison and cold resistances so you will essentially make it harder to use necromancy on a target that has corpse skin on him. Poison strike is another good spell for a mage, as it adds the elemental damage he himself lacks, and wither is just all round good, especially in high spawn areas such as a champ or against a stealther.

Blood oath is an excellent spell as well, as it turns every damage you take from the one you casted it on, into damage he takes as well (This spell is currently getting bushido archers disarming). All round, necromancy is a great addition to a template, even if it does leave you lacking in the scroll department.

Ok now for the template...

A common template (assuming 705 skill points)

105 Necro
110 Magery
110 Eval
100 Resist
115 Wrestle/Mace/Fencing/Swords/Archery
100 Spiritspeak
60 Meditation

As you can see a necromage template isn't as easy or clear cut as any of the others mentioned. And players with a 720 skill point cap will have a clear advantage.

Miscellaneous Skills

When you have points left over on a template you may wonder what to do with them, well a few common ones are.

Focus = 1 Stamina regen per 10 skill & 1 Mana regen per 20 skill
Tracking = Even a small amount of tracking can be affective
Detect Hidden = Again rather affective for passive revealing stealthers even when low skill.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Here's a couple Nox/Scribe Templates

Cheap Template
110 Swords
110 Magery
110 Eval
100 Inscription
100 Med
100 Resist
90 Poisoning

Expensive Template
120 Swords
120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Inscription
110 Resist
90 (80?) Poisoning
60 Med

K

Kafka $TC$

120 mage
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Mag Resist
120 spirit speak
100 necro.

Swords of Prosperity or Staff of Magi.
Pretty fun one to play!

Nice post Hex

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent there's some good templates coming in now, it'll give everyone a real choice.
Even better to see all the mages whether you are pure or hybrid resurfacing.

C

Chandalir

Stickied as per request (no you won't get a "zomg nerf dexxers!!11" thread stickied if you request it

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kafka i really like that necro mage temp you've posted i'm going to give it a go

Btw have we got any chiv or parry mages here ? i'm intrested in what your temps are.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

Kafka i really like that necro mage temp you've posted i'm going to give it a go

Btw have we got any chiv or parry mages here ? i'm intrested in what your temps are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a chiv mage. I do not PvP, but I do participate in fel champ spawns. As pretty much everyone knows, these get raided frequently. In spite of my lack of any significant dueling prowess, I am a pretty adept party healer when on my chiv mage (Holy Mage as I prefer to call him).

For a minimum expenditure of mana, I can keep myself alive with close wounds. This gives me alot of extra mana to use to cross heal allies, and especially use cleanse by fire to remove high level oisons from them. (at 120 chivalry, a paladin has a 90% chance to cure lethal poison)

Holy light spam can really piss off any enemy mage groups if they are standing too close to each other, and I cannot stress enough how cool it is to be able to mass revive fallen allies with 75% of their health in tact (assuming you work the compassion virtue) - This is an invaluble tool as it allows your party to retreat if overrun and retool, regroup, rejoin the fight in a matter of seconds.

The template is a typical six time legendary Holy Mage. (Basically the same as what is already listed in this thread) - That means 120 in Magery, Meditation, Evaluating Intelligence, Wrestling, Resisting Spells, and Chivalry.

If I am ever lucky enough to get an Ornament of the Magician, I will probably drop wrestling and go with a weapon skill. Right now, I need the FC1 on my spellbook to reach 4/6 casting.

The Holy Mage seems more suited for field fighting (especially healing) than it is for straight-up dueling one vs one, but he CAN hold his own and crank out repectable damage (I just personally have a problem finishing people).

While I am certainly not a PvP Professional, I do know how to run a mage. I have seven different characters who have GM or higher mage, med, eval. IMHO, mages provide the most variety both in terms of character builds and how they can be run.

N

Nisse

Hopfuly we will see faction blome again and there we can have a few more fun mages.

We got the thieve mage.
Here i sugest to use a scribe templet but remove werstling or weapond skill to pick up stealing. Use a magi staf or sword of pofecy. To steal a segil in faction you will only need 80 stealing.

Another faction mage will be a tinker mage or a remove trap mage.

S

SirBrugsman

Hi my name is Guardian Knight, and due to real life issues I havent played UO in 3 years, even though I started in 1997 and Ive done pvp since I played, now since my account hasnt been touched for almost 3 years, my templates are all messed up, thnx to soulstone i can make a few adjustments. Now my question is, I have gm poison and gm inscribe could i put them on a necro template and him be worth a darn, or must i keep him on the mage template like above? Thnx for any response.

R

Rooster ^^

Go for wrestle /w 40-50 dex total and 25% dmi
this ensures your hits will do atleast 1dmg and always land a stun punch or disarm.

R

Rafe4tw

The wrestle doing no damage has been fixed, it always does at least 1 point now.

My necro mage templete
110 eval
110 resist
105 necro
100 SS
100 anatomy
100 meditation
95 magery

I use the tome of lost knowledge to bump magery to 110. Templete gives 115 weapon defense and you get to use a shield for more dci, and you can drop the book to chug and not ruin your defense. *loves it*

E

Edalim Keove

Rooster, I thought that all wrestle hits automatically did 1 point of damage regardless of DMI. At least thats what I remember as their fix for finally getting us wrestle mages back our special moves.

I

ISmellBad

Haha, my chiv/parry mage dominates.

110 Magery
110 Eval
110 Med
110 Parry
110 Resist
100 Inscribe
60 chiv

1/3 Ring with 10 Chiv
1/2 Brace with 10 Chiv
Scrappers
Arcane Shield

Max karma + 4/6 + Parry = this character survives a lot.

This character is made to just survive. Ive only died at a raid one time, and that was because of 3 dog archers and some lag. Its a good template, and even without a melee skill, the inscribe makes up for the damage.

I

ISmellBad

You forgot about this template:

DS Mage

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
120 Wrasslin'
100 Ninja

(Note - 100 Ninja is there because Im one three three seven and have 1/3s with 10 ninjitsu on them)

Be human so you can track. 60 Damage DS 4tw

There is also a deviation from this, but Im not letting me secret out.

I

imported_archite666

How about healing for a parrying mage? I mean I know you won't be able to pull off 4 second heals or anything but if your gonna have high dex why not have healing, a skill that can constantly heal you while you focus on offensive spell casting? Think about it your already avoiding alot of Dexxer blows and now your healing constantly while using mass offensive spells. Just an idea,im not a Pvp expert

O

ogbigblack

Heres what I have currently-

I made this character for PvM and PvP

+20 Stat
100 Str
20 Dex
125 Int

115 Eval
115 Mag
115 Med
115 Necro
115 SS
115 Resist

I planned on using Swords of Prosperity in PvP situations and Slayer spellbooks in PvM...

any suggestions for my template or items that are must haves?

F

Fision

Man How Could You Forget About This One
Bushido Tank
120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Parry/Spells
120 Med
120 Swords
100 Bushido
(700.0 Cap)
Str 90
Dex 40
Int 95

Cheap Temp
115 Magery
115 Eval Int
115 Parry/Spells
115 Meditation
115 swords
115 bushido
10 focus or something

R

RollinTheTweed

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 parrying
120 resist
120 bushido (of course with 720 skill cap)

My char is is currently at: 110 magery, 120 med, 115 eval, 115 resist, 115 parry (or close) 103.ish bushido. It's the ultimate gimp mage template that saves your ass in tight squeezes and ganks. I also use the swords of props, only down fall is being disarmed, but I have DSL for a reason lol.

I have also heard, but havent tested it because test ignores account age making everyone 700 skill points. Well anways I heard this template is actualy still doing pretty good. If you have 720 skills avail.

120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 swords
120 tactics

Someone already mentioned the DS mage, that's my next project for my blueby. I know I double posted one template *shrugs*

P

Plato's Student

Great post, i'm developing a nox mage on Sieg and this is very helpfull. I'm just a little confused with these equations.

Supose I have gm eval
Eval. Int. Bonus: ((EvalInt * 3) / 100) + 1
((100 * 3 ) / 100 ) + 1 =
(300 / 100) + 1 =
3 + 1 = 4

I cast a flame strike at 60 base, were looking at 240 damage before sdi?
Obviously i have misread. * does mean multiply right?

60 * 4 = 240?

Total Damage: (Base Damage * Eval. Int. Bonus) * ((Spell Damage Increase / 100) + 1) (Drop decimals from result<blockquote><hr>

This is simple math but that can't be the right awnswer. Sorry if i'm overlooking something stupid.

P

Plato's Student

Oh yah,

mage 115
eval 110
inscrib 100
resist 115
med 90
poison 80
fenc 90

What do you think? Should i gm fenc in place of those 115's?

G

I think I read somewhere that the eval int bonus applies to a percentage increase not multiplied as in your equation. So i think it would ad something like 4% SDI, though I am not 100% sure on that one

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the latest PVP templates out there at the moment. I see alot of mages with Bushido. Feel free to post them here
)

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok the latest uber template as far as i can see is as follows.

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Meditation
120 Busido
120 Swords

Running around with a bokuto and spamming nerve strike is the order of the day for now.
I'll post again if a new one comes out

E

Ethir

So what do you say about this template

Magery 100
Eval 100
Archery 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Heal 100
Medi 100

They don't have to be at 100, i can use powerscrolls as you show me the path

G

not very popular bc its really hard to get the jewels to make it work, but i run a nox scribe as my duelist/field mage

115 mage
115 eval
115 med
115 resist
115 fencing
100 scribe
85 poison

I realize that this is 760 pts &amp; eeven being 4th yr u can only get 720, but i got some killer dern jewels that give me the spare 40 pts i need [&amp; still be 2/6] &amp; should i get the $$ or scrolls to go 120's alls it takes is a mark the the travestly

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a good looking template i can only imagine how tight it is with the armour requirements. But it just shows it can be done

Your getting your 10 sdi from scribe and you can cast DP (If your close enough) as well as DP fields so i'd be happy with leave it as it is tbh.

As i'm a sucker for pioneering templates i gotta say i like the look of this one.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ethir

This template is nice because it offers the ability to heal via bandies which is handy for healing on the run.

I do have concerns about the magery, Eval, Resist, Archery all being a bit too low for PVP.

However i have noticed something.
Anatomy + Evaluate Intelligence + 20) / 2 = defensive wrestling (capped at 120.0).

I'm sure you know about this it's the eval + anatomy equation that acts as a defense although you don't get to use any special moves.
Yours is 100 + 100 + 20 = 220 /2 = 110

Now this doesn't stack with wrestling or a melee skill and as your archery is only at 100 your actually going to get your defensive capabilities from your anatomy and eval as this is the greater of the two.

To be effective as a tank mage your going to need to find more skill points to raise your magery, Eval, Resist and Archery to a reasonable level.
It's a hard template to put together however with the right armour/jewels you could maybe pull it off.

Let me know if you manage to do it

R

Ra'ah the Savage

how effective is this template?
110 mage
110 eval
100 med
100 resist
100 bushido
100 parry
100 fence
?

G

What is better for defense, anat or a wep skill [like wrestling] I have 115 parry and am working wrestle...am i wasting my time?

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
110 mage
110 eval
100 med
100 resist
100 bushido
100 parry
100 fence

IMO your fencing is too low, 115 Mage &amp; Eval would be nice as well as higher Resist.

It's a good template to use, just make sure you use a 2 handed weapon otherwise your wasting your skill points.

What is better for defense, anat or a wep skill [like wrestling] I have 115 parry and am working wrestle...am i wasting my time?

I'd prefer wrestling as you can equip a book to help make up your suit, also you'll get the specials that you don't get with anatomy.

R

Ra'ah the Savage

well i hear the nox/ninja/mage is the new template to use, so I am thinking about this:
120 fence (115 cheap version)
120 ninja(115 cheap version)
100 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 resist
80 poison (85 for cheap version with 115 fence)

basically the spell damages will be lower but should be made up by LP and DS. What do you guys think?

B

bheleu

The Dread Lord Pol, Legendary Mage

120 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Resisting Spells
100 Inscription
80 Focus
80 Poisoning

Thankfully I already got the 120 scrolls for this, broke me lol.

I

imported_Who_Flung_Poo

here is mine that is also a bushi mage, but sucks when you get disarmed...

120 mage (111)
120 eval (115)
120 resist (115)
120 bushi
120 med
120 parry

i use staff of the magi for my weapon, this temp is great against warriors cause i can spam evade, and cast them to death while they try to hit or disarm me... also if they do manage to disarm i can heal my self fast enough to survive and equip my staff again and evade them more...

R

Ra'ah the Savage

what about the stealth/hide mage in pvp?
115 fence
115 mage
115 eval
100 med
100 resist
100 hide
75 stealth
hope to use this to fight in spawns or dungeons

G

Variation on Chiv Mage

110 Magery
110 Eval
110 Med
110 Parry
110 Resist
100 Spellweaving
60 chiv

Instead of Inscription, use spellweaving. Gives GoL, GoR, plus Pixies and Nature's Fury are VERY NICE, Word of Death is beautiful for spawns.
Use 4/6 with jewels that bump Chiv up to 80. Good solid temp. Only difference between reg chiv mage and this is the weaving.

G

120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 resist
120 ninja
100 inscribe
rest in focus

Its my temp and Im having fun with it.

G

This is what i have in the works,

120 Archery
100 tacs
100 anat
110 magery
110 eval
100 resist
80 chiv

C

Chuchuka

What can you say about this template :
Magery - 120
Meditation - 120
Resisting - 120
Eval. - 120
Wrastling - 120
Poisoning - 100

What chans for DP will i have with 120 Magery and 100 Poisoning?

G

Heres one of my mage temps

Tamer mage

720 skill pts

Tame 120
eval 120
magery 110
archery 120
resist 120
scribe 100
lore 30

With this temp my suit is focused on MR (medless temp) and Lmc. With the 120 tame a person only needs 30 lore to control almost any beastie 100% of the time, rune beetle for example. Archery helps alot with being able to dismount to give your pet an easy target, I use scribe for sdi purposes but any other skill work awesome in place of scribe like skills that I tested (on test) and work awesome are:

Ninjitsu
chiv
poison
med

Another I think is fun but hard to maintain karma

Eval 120
magery 110
med 100
poison 90
fence 120
resist 120
chiv 60

A

Arken

700 skill point build...wanting to do a nox style mage. For equipment, looking to maintain 100% LRC, 40% LMC, 2/6 FC/FCR, and as close to full 70's resists as I can get. I can't afford an ornament of the magician yet, so in order to get the suit right, I've got to use a spellbook (using scrapper's atm). I also have the Vesper Museum Chaos Shield (1/2 fc/fcr). Using Reactive armor to compensate for my armor's low physical (and comparatively high elemental) resists right now. All I'm missing is a ring (looking for something with small lrc, lmc, and any combination of phys/cold/poison resists) to get the suit about right. Added bonus, I get +10 INT, +10 mana, and 4 MR from what I've got equipped right now as well.

Skills (once I find/get all my scrolls):
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Meditation
120 Wrestling
100 Poisoning

Eventually I'd probably switch out Wrestling for Swords or Fencing.

Thoughts/tips?

L

Lord Forest

How's this?

Insc 100
Poisen 100
Mage 115
Eval 115
Med 110
Fencing 115
Focus 25
res spells 115

720 skill base
+15 mage tome/+20 fencing on kyriss
+20 Mage &amp; +20 Focus Cristaline ring

P

paulwoodxxx

big big noob question.. but its ok because i am a noob..so its all good

i was wondering for the tactics mage template, if the anatomy and the tactics +'s can be added together .. im thinkin no, but just making sure :S

thanks

C

Crunch VmP

i dont really see this anymore, lol

but if u wanna go tactics mage i'd go macing as well for a concussion blow (maybe a little bit of chiv for consecrate weapon too)

G

Someone explain to me why using nerve strike on a bushi mage is better than armor ignore for 35 dmg on a tactics mage? I mean, maybe for 1 on 1, but at a spawn or a harry or something it doesn't seem too wonderful.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"Someone explain to me why using nerve strike on a bushi mage is better than armor ignore for 35 dmg on a tactics mage? "

The reason is you dont need tactics. So you save all those skill points. Nerve strike does 25hp direct damage plus base damage (damage from wep,DI,str,anat,tact bonus) plus any hit spell effect.

To get 35 AI's you need to invest skill points, its all based on base damage. It's odd isn't it.