• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Fencer

R

RAID

I need help with a tempalate this is what I have so far

120 anat
120 parry
120 fenc
120 tatic
90 heal
80 posion
50 chiv

I wan to put resis in but dont know what to remove. any help you be nice.

Thanks

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I would use something other than bandages to heal with, so if it were me that would be first to go. Though as thats personal preference the only thing you could really swap for resist is parry.

L

Lord Richard

I'm not a PvPer, but from what I have read in the forums in the past, you could probably drop parry for resist, since it will be more benificial for debuffs..only trouble I see is that the archers could do more damage easier than if you didn't have parry. I have no idea how many meelee PC's are out there in PvP, but if they're a force out there to be reconed with, you wouldn't want to drop parry. I know on my PvM pally, 110 resist sure keeps him moving around without getting para'd or poisoned so much. I use 85 chiv to do my specials and healing.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just do what 90% of the dexxers in fel are doing.

No resist and use a trapped box and orange petals.

You have chiv for remove curse.

A 4/6 chiv poison dexxer is a very tough char.

R

RAID

forgive me, I still new with UO, what would a trapped box and orange petals do? And is 80 poision enough or should it be higher?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trapped boxes can be used to break paralysis, and orange petals protect from poison (although NOT level 5 poison).

R

RAID

Another question i have is what equipment i should get. I know a crimmy, and maybe a spirit of the totem, mace and shield. Any ideas on what setup would be the best??

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ideally you should try to get as much as possible of the following;

Lower mana cost (40% is the cap)
Hit Chance increase (45% is the cap)
Defense Chance increase (45% is the cap)
Damage Increase (100% is the cap from items)
Mana Regen (I can't remember if there is a cap, I want to say 18 is the cap)

Since you're healing with aids you should shoot for 140-150 dex. If you plan on using Chiv to heal alot, then try to get 4 faster cast. (4/6 is the casting cap for someone using Chiv with less than 69.9 magery)

I would be a human for the lower cost on specials and the added regen from a natural 20 in focus and med.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye, def need to be human for pvp imo.

you figure you need 200 total skill points to make poison worth its while. 120 fence and 80 poison or 115 fence and 85 poison.

Also parry isnt really that great unless you have bushido. I would look at dropping anat or tacts down to gm to free up some more skill points for some added med...you wont miss the 2-3 xtra damage that it would take from ya...

again just some ideas.

A

Ash

The 200 pts for deadly poison is for magery and doesn't apply to melee. I ran a 115 fencer with 80 poison and deadly poisoned without any problems.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 200 pts for deadly poison is for magery and doesn't apply to melee. I ran a 115 fencer with 80 poison and deadly poisoned without any problems.
What you are no doubt seeing is the anatomy bonus being applied, letting you DP. Now as the above people have stated, in order to lethal poison, you have to have the 200 skill points. You also have to have enough anatomy for the DP to be bumped to lethal.

Just sayin....

O

onthefifty

u need 140 dex for 4 second bandage heals. a crimmy and jackels colllar are a must imho. i like mace and shields due to the 30 hld which is sweet if your toting a kryss with 40 hld on top. i tend to go for 45 hci as well. museum shield is good plus ring of vile gives u 30 off the bat.

i like running a kryss with a high lightning or fireball hit spell > 40. 15 hci if possible and > 40 hld.

this char is played right being totally on offense. you need to hit as much as possible and stay on your target like white on rice.

running wiot resist you definately need a trap box as a good mage will figure this out and than u are para/flamestrike toast.

while i dont have it on my char chiv is cool to have on this temp as it gives u another healing option. at 90 healing your fingers will slip when u apply bandage just as a spell goes off. i run stichers mitts with enhanced bandies and ate a 110 heal scroll so i heal at 110.

the other thing i like about chiv is divine fury which keeps your stamina full. also good to eat often.

chiv and poison are karma opposites though so you will need to farm daemons to get your karma back up so your chiv is most effective.

a bandage summon talisman is good to carry as well as when u die, they will loot your bandages which can slow you down.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you are no doubt seeing is the anatomy bonus being applied, letting you DP. Now as the above people have stated, in order to lethal poison, you have to have the 200 skill points. You also have to have enough anatomy for the DP to be bumped to lethal.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard of anatomy having any effect on your poisoning ability.

The 200 points requirement is only for a mage casting poison or poison fields.

In order to get LP all you need is 80 poisoning. At 80 poisoning you have an 80% chance of your DP upgrading to LP when you hit with an infectious strike.

I've run a Nox Mage for years, the char has no anatomy, 110 fencing and 80 poisoning and I do LP all the time.

R

RAID

I was thinking about dropping chiv, b/c at 50 i still fizzle alot and it doesnt go very well with poisioning. Is there something better to put in its place?

R

RAID

I talked to a guy and he suggested the following temp

120 fenc
120 parry
100 anat
100 healing
90 tatic
80 chiv
80 poision

Just wondering if this looks like a good temp or not. Another question i have is stats. I was thinking at a 25 cap of 90 str, 125 dex and 40 int and woundering if it should be different.

Thanks for the help

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need help with a tempalate this is what I have so far

120 anat
120 parry
120 fenc
120 tatic
90 heal
80 posion
50 chiv

Thanks
drop healing for another 55 chiv...put the remainder points into necro for vamp form. i would also go human...and take the spellweaving quest. you can either keep anat or switch it out for 120 resist. a trap box and pots pretty much negates the need for resist. carry tele scrolls on u for emergencies ...as a human you can cast off scroll 100%) if you plan to tank anatomy will come in handy for the extra dmg. on the flipside resist @ 120 will keep you from ebing paraed and poisoned so much. and no more mana drains :)

you dont need 125 dex btw. i would have it set to around 90 with items tops on a fencer. the kryss and warfork are just too fast to even bother wtih 125 dex. (at 80 dex you can swing a no ssi kryss at max...the extra 10 or more is for a curse buffer...as parry takes a penalty if you are below 80.) also, if you have enough dci between wep/armor/jewels...there is little need for parry. i would personally switch out parry for resist or even alchemy...depending on your gameplay. (yes..i said alchemy...i am all about goofy temps)