• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP dying a painful death from Tamers Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should we of the other shards be affected by the crybabys and whiners on Atlantic its the case as usual the tail wagging the dog . I am glad that i am getting some recourse you didnt see me whining about the ones who have killed me
in the past I just got out and rezzed myself. Now I have away to retaliate and I am luving it you attack and you will have to face me now have I have a pet i can pull off and retarget not like a greater that was stuck to what it was killing comed now raid my spawns who knows i may have a couple more tmrs lurking waiting on you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should we of the other shards be affected by the crybabys and whiners on Atlantic its the case as usual the tail wagging the dog . I am glad that i am getting some recourse you didnt see me whining about the ones who have killed me
in the past I just got out and rezzed myself. Now I have away to retaliate and I am luving it you attack and you will have to face me now have I have a pet i can pull off and retarget not like a greater that was stuck to what it was killing comed now raid my spawns who knows i may have a couple more tmrs lurking waiting on you.
*face palm*

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would actually like to play a pvp tamer, but I am waiting for the nerfs first. I don't have a desire to play them in their current overpowered state. That is not my idea of fun

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have chars on most north American shards, and I don't see many fully built PvP Tamers outside of ATL. Couple on great lakes and Pacific. It's still new tho too, and the gold to do it is on ATL.
So, not only do you want to make changes to appease 2% of the player base, you also want all shards to have changes just because something is happening on one shard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well most ppl are on atl, so that is where most pvp trends start. It usually take a little while for the other shards to catch up

I have fully trained 45 or more pets. If they were that OP then you would think it would have spread faster. Fully trained PvP killer pets for sale on LS! Maybe I can make some gold.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would actually like to play a pvp tamer, but I am waiting for the nerfs first. I don't have a desire to play them in their current overpowered state. That is not my idea of fun
Eh. That might be a while. Might want to check meet and greet log.

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have fully trained 45 or more pets. If they were that OP then you would think it would have spread faster. Fully trained PvP killer pets for sale on LS! Maybe I can make some gold.
You probably can make some gold

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Easy Fix

'All Kill'
[Target Player]
'Your pet refuses to attack that creature'

Problem solved.

Just take PETS out of pvp completely.

If you want to pvp dont use a pet, if you want to do spawn's in fel and have no defense other than a pet then take your chances or use another template. If the pvp'er actually attacks and targets the PET then it can defend itself, it just can't be directed by the tamer to attack a player.

I spawn on siege with a tamer, never killed a person yet, nor have I been killed. Means you pick your times and tweak your tamer template to survive to 'escape'.

It is a very, very simple fix.

Pvp'ers should be happy, and pvm tamers should be happy. Sure it means tamer pvp'ers might have to rethink the way they pvp, but it is supposed to be PLAYER v PLAYER.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a reason all those other shards are referred to as "dead shards".

PvP and players in general are virtually no existent
Dead shard is thrown around an awful lot. Just because people aren't cursing others mothers doesn't mean that there isn't anyone there. I say this because a lot of people feel Napa is a dead shard. I can attest to the fact that it is not anywhere near dead.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And again another win for the Europa PVP Community.

Not only are there very few tamers in PvP on EU, the ones that are tamers suck completely thus removing them as a factor anyway.

EU isn't a dead pvp shard. Was massive fights the last few nights and regularly throughout the week. Atlantic has a problem, but its a different pvp ethic of "win at all costs".

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not only are there very few tamers in PvP on EU, the ones that are tamers suck completely thus removing them as a factor anyway.

EU isn't a dead pvp shard. Was massive fights the last few nights and regularly throughout the week. Atlantic has a problem, but its a different pvp ethic of "win at all costs".
On our day, we certainly have the best pvp, and the best style of pvp.
Europa and Atlantic are different styles, and we do have different issues, I'm enjoying the thought of Aeyko having to go Tamer to stay WAAC :)
{But instead he is refusing to adapt, and gone elsewhere, sort of thing I'd do ! :( - he is getting old... }

Glad you're enjoying it. :)
They are meant to be texting me if they are fighting!
I'm currently levelling up in FFXIV new expansion...
Plan to be back for a spot of PvP though.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Easy Fix

'All Kill'
[Target Player]
'Your pet refuses to attack that creature'

Problem solved.

Just take PETS out of pvp completely.

If you want to pvp dont use a pet, if you want to do spawn's in fel and have no defense other than a pet then take your chances or use another template. If the pvp'er actually attacks and targets the PET then it can defend itself, it just can't be directed by the tamer to attack a player.

I spawn on siege with a tamer, never killed a person yet, nor have I been killed. Means you pick your times and tweak your tamer template to survive to 'escape'.

It is a very, very simple fix.

Pvp'ers should be happy, and pvm tamers should be happy. Sure it means tamer pvp'ers might have to rethink the way they pvp, but it is supposed to be PLAYER v PLAYER.
That would be fine with me, as long as mr Leet pvpr gets an equivalent message when he casts paralyze/field on my pet.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So I guess there is no problem and this entire thread has been a waste of time.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
No, the pvpers in general are better and more educated in mechanics than euros. That's why they are all on pets, they new it was going to be dumb as fk and OP.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
So I guess there is no problem and this entire thread has been a waste of time.
Only you would read what was posted and reply this way... Smh

If you guys haven't been reading this posters other threads and posts, you should. The lack of constructive feedback and trying to get this game geared to "safety nets" of this poster is absolutely mind boggling. If @Mesanna @Bleak take anything from this posters input, I hope they take that they have enabled players to expect handouts and ease of item accumulation. It's insane to me that anyone would play an online game with a community involved and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter without learning the game mechanics or putting any effort at all into bettering their game play to earn "scrolls, loot, gold"

PLEASE DO NOT CATER TO SNOWFLAKE POKEMON ONLINE PLAYERS! PLEASE!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys should've seen when a Tamer could run around with as many Dragons as they wanted (no Control Slots), and just one Dragon alone was enough to teabag someone. Internet connections were pretty crappy back then too, so it took awhile to outrun a Dragon.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only you would read what was posted and reply this way... Smh

If you guys haven't been reading this posters other threads and posts, you should. The lack of constructive feedback and trying to get this game geared to "safety nets" of this poster is absolutely mind boggling. If @Mesanna @Bleak take anything from this posters input, I hope they take that they have enabled players to expect handouts and ease of item accumulation. It's insane to me that anyone would play an online game with a community involved and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter without learning the game mechanics or putting any effort at all into bettering their game play to earn "scrolls, loot, gold"

PLEASE DO NOT CATER TO SNOWFLAKE POKEMON ONLINE PLAYERS! PLEASE!
ahhh you guys are so blind. Speaking for the vast majority of current players...

If @Mesanna and @Bleak take anything away from this script it will be that the vast majority of players wants things to remain as they are and that a very few are whining because they may have to change their play style to win (even with their speed hacks and 3rd party programs). Some tamers made positive suggestions and yet you guys want more and more. You dont want anything less than pets being a total non factor, a total nerf against players. I think pets need to be strengthened.

I think pets should be strengthened so that the murder of any player who has a pet with him (or her) by a player without a pet is very difficult. Yes!
It is our play style and calling us whimps and trammies etc doesn't bother me. Calling the game Tamers on Line makes me feel that pets are really worth while now. If it bothers the 10 pvpers posting in this thread, I count that as a good first step towards game balance. But the developers need to increase pet damage, speed and special moves.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TheDrAJ , didn't you read that the same speeders and 3rd party program users are free to use pets too?

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the pvpers in general are better and more educated in mechanics than euros. That's why they are all on pets, they new it was going to be dumb as fk and OP.
Without a doubt correct.

As proven by the amount of cheating accusations that get thrown around.

Most of Europa's pvpers do not understand the mechanics well, that doesn't mean that the pvp is less fun on Europa. Its active and theres plenty of people, + i ping 25 instead of 180, which means i don't get frustrated at the game, but yes i agree, Europa's average pvper is of a lower quality to that of an average Atlantic player, BUT even Atlantic has a lot of poor quality pvpers too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only a matter of time before more pets show up on europa
As usual, You complain about things that are not real or haven't happened yet.

But, maybe someday, one of your fantastical things will actually happen and you will be right. Keep making up stuff! A million monkeys on typewriters will eventually create a best selling novel, they say.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
is there a specific pet/special that is causing a problem?
There are multiple things that are causing a problem. But dismount is the biggest problem. Constantly being footed while fighting a tamer is ridiculous. Pets spam dismount whenever possible.

Defensive tamer templates are also a big problem. I've seen wrestle, parry, 4/6 chiv tamers. You cannot kill the pet because they have high resists and 900 hp. Wrestle parry chars are already hard to kill. Almost impossible when a pet is constantly hitting you. So you can't ignore the pet and go for the tamer. Good game design right? o_O well surely then their op defense is balanced out by weak offense? NOPE. they currently have the best offense and defense in the game right now, because that's how OP these pets are. Can't kill the pet or the tamer, so what are you supposed to do?

And 30% damage reduction is pathetic. Pets are more dangerous and do more damage than before. I was suggesting 50% earlier, but really it needs to be around 100% reduction

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As usual, You complain about things that are not real or haven't happened yet.

But, maybe someday, one of your fantastical things will actually happen and you will be right. Keep making up stuff! A million monkeys on typewriters will eventually create a best selling novel, they say.
Players escaping Atl because of pets is not a good sign. Lmao

aghori

Visitor
Seems there are fewer pvp players by the day on Atlantic. And the ones that are left are forced into playing a tamer to compete. This is really sad. Whatever happened to promoting a diversity of templates in this game?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a little. Real world politics was posted about, which became against the rules months ago as announced here: Political discussions on Stratics.

Just to clarify, insulting or making jokes about any world leader, president etc. whether it was for light hearted purposes or not is still considered political discussion.

Please refrain from any other political discussion in threads going forward.

Thank you.

aghori

Visitor
In addition to the ideas already posted here, i have 1 more suggestion. It would be a good idea to reduce all pet weapon special durations by HALF. Shorter duration on moves such as mortal, disarm, bleed. Dismount shouldn't even exist on pets.

Also regular melee hits from a pet do too much damage. Taking 30 damage from it is a joke.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be fine with me, as long as mr Leet pvpr gets an equivalent message when he casts paralyze/field on my pet.
hehe if the leet pvp'r casts a para field on your pet, your pet is free to attack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems there are fewer pvp players by the day on Atlantic. And the ones that are left are forced into playing a tamer to compete. This is really sad. Whatever happened to promoting a diversity of templates in this game?

How many Archer Bard PvPers were there? PvPs don't want diversity. They just want their template to always win or they come here to complain.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should a player have to change his template to do a spawn anywhere. Leave pets alone.
The tamer doesn't have to do anything to his/her template to spawn, you just can't instruct a pet to attack another player. Similar to the way you can't instruct it to attack exodus minions etc. However, as with the exodus minions targetting a pet then the pet attacking, same applies to a pvp'er, if it targets your pet it can then attack back.

Bottom line is the most simple way to stop all this nonsense is as I said above, just take pets out of PVP completely.

All Kill
[Target Player]
Your pet refuses to attack that creature.

I can still spawn EXACTLY as I do now with my tamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.