• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP dexxer auto hit

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, my naem barney. I em a legendary wreslter an parry dood. An me got heighten sneses an 50 DCI...but there a guy on my shard that ALWAYS dismount me an hit me with special moves. Same I heard with other player. Is this a hacks? I about rdy to give up pvp, it so bad. It like, there a thing where they use special an it auto hit. I no alone, i see it happen to other. I think maybe I dump parry an wrestle as it seems useless if I still get hit.....

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll back Barney up here.

I won't be doing more than this one post, done it all a million times before, I'm not really interested anymore.

On our shard, there is a group of dexxers, who basically never miss, so we are all parry wrestle etc etc etc and still we get destroyed.

I accept on everyone else's shard, dexxers miss all the time, and the game is geared towards mages, not on our shard.

I think most of our pvp team is taking a break now, this just isn't fun anymore.

So you don't really have to respond, because I'm not interested, we've done all this before.

If there is a hack, please fix it

I'm not sure there is a hack tbh, I'm still inclined to believe they are just maxed out dexxers on EC.

If this is just how dexxers are, fine, it's not worth playing.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is just how dexxers are, fine, it's not worth playing.
Ok, my last response was somewhat of a troll, but I've noticed it as well. Some guys, even if I'm on a parry mage, DO NOT MISS. This is on Atlantic and Lake Superior. Others miss a lot, but I'm on a parry mage, and they should.

Is some of it RNG? For sure. But NOBODY has it consistently to the point that they should be able to hit a Parry Mage so often. I'm inclined to think there's a bug/hack/exploit of some sort, but I'm unaware of the specifics.

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I log in, have a test fight with a dexxer....he didn't miss. And at 60HP somehow insta killed me. Bear in mind, I git 120 wrestle, 120 parry 50 DCI even before I pop T3 shield buff. It's insane. I have to spend a second or two to even cast a significant spell on them and even then a heal or bandage or refresh will instantly negate that.

Seems we are back the the AoS gay dexxer wins crap.

I may as well spec lumber axer with no actual skill like in the year 2001.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I log in, have a test fight with a dexxer....he didn't miss. And at 60HP somehow insta killed me. Bear in mind, I git 120 wrestle, 120 parry 50 DCI even before I pop T3 shield buff. It's insane. I have to spend a second or two to even cast a significant spell on them and even then a heal or bandage or refresh will instantly negate that.

Seems we are back the the AoS gay dexxer wins crap.

I may as well spec lumber axer with no actual skill like in the year 2001.
Can you record videos of the fights?

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets say u a swords dexxer...you have 2 special moves and two mastery move...and pot stuff. On top of that the rest is hit based spells like death strike, which is op. Compared to magery or SW or Mystis, the skill level is low as very few buttin needed....an yet the dex can still hit u with deadly stuff despite massively high anti dex defences. So...maybe anto dex pointless an instead u need go massive DPS an insta kill them? Either way, it a lowering of a players skill level.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Probably not a hack, even with parry and 120 skill blocking is only 67.5%.

RNG aside, generally means he's probably going to dismount you 1 out of 3 times in probably around 4.5 seconds.

Which if you can be dismount every few seconds is pretty annoying.

I remember when there was a bug with the new war mounts and you couldn't be dismounted. We waxed the floor with them because they didn't know how else to play.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What shard are you dying on Barney? People cry hit chance hacks all the time on atlantic it makes me giggle :lol:

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of these players that always manage to do this all have 1 particular artifact/boss drop item incorporated into their suits? Maybe it is an item based exploit that overcaps HCI.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they archers? If so, check out force arrow. It lowers defense chance by a flat 10%. Hit Lower Defense is a separate drop to defense chance that stacks.
Force Arrow also can be stacked for 5% more additional times. If your hit by multiple archers all using Force Arrow on bows with Hit Lower Defense
your defense chance is destroyed.

Force Arrow - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

That said, I've been killed by a single player that somehow dropped my defense chance into negative numbers. Never figured that one out & pretty sure
it was a hack.

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking into it. There is something fishy going on. Anyone knoweds Hit chance assuming all 120 skills, but target also got 120 parry, heighten senses and 50 dci?

well i had the same problem with Barney.few of the dexxers were hitting everytime and some of them were missing really a lot.can it be related with the data loss rate of their internet line?i am using adsl connection and i really miss than normal with my dexxer.i played on fiber optics connection and i was missing a lot less.may be it seem to me like this.not sure.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking into it. There is something fishy going on. Anyone knoweds Hit chance assuming all 120 skills, but target also got 120 parry, heighten senses and 50 dci?
You better take a video when you fight them, turn on the debuff icons. By the way, what is your mage‘s Dex ?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just curious, how much is your dexterity?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLA could also be a factor. If you are getting hit by more than one person it is possible that more than one effect could be triggered.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was sure that HLA would reduce the effectiveness of "120 weapon" skill, thus making the roll to be hit in favor of the attacker.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
pvp has some issues with nerfs, vvv, new loot, cheating, macros, free items that are better than the normal ones. cc vs ec/picos ect... people may have hard time competing. I have no idea how/will they can/will fix so I cant care about pvp like I use to. ill say it again, the more things in the game are fair, the more pvp will occur. ive seen so many give up pvp. I wish u all luck

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was sure that HLA would reduce the effectiveness of "120 weapon" skill, thus making the roll to be hit in favor of the attacker.
It does do that, but you're thinking about it the wrong way: You don't hit as often if you're under the effect of HLA (it's an HCI penalty), just like you won't block (with DCI) if affected by HLD's DCI penalty.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He plays on my shard, I can't say I've noticed anything of what he's talking about sorry.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 84 DEX with 120 resisting magic to remain at 80 DEX once cursed by a 120mage/evalint player.

If you do not have this, parry will be greatly diminished.
DEX governs parry & bandage healing speed.
Stamina governs swing speeds.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 67 DCI, 120 Parry with over 100 dex on avg (adjusts from curse, pots, etc.)
No complaints here, if anything parry is OP

There has to be something wrong on your end... either your dex is too low or you're using a two-handed balanced weapon

Reminder: You CANNOT parry with a two-handed balanced weapon period.

Perhaps post your compete template skills + stats including suit

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Numbers are cool but they're useless without a bit of talent & luck. Just saying. Sometimes people would rather believe in some "hacks" instead of accepting that they aren't that good.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk