• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Pvp damage?

Fartbarf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Anyone happen to know how much damage I will do with 4 x 120 bard skills when using the damaging disco mastery(forgot the name) against a player with 70 resists and 120 magic resist?

I attacked a player last night that I assume had 70 resists, but I have no idea how much magic resist they had. My song did 9 damage every tick. I am currently only at 105 disco, 110 provoke, 115 peace and 120 music.

Thanks!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry I don't remember the formulas so I will have to make an educated guess from the experience route.
For despair you get up to 20 damage from discord, 16 damage from musicianship and up to 12 each from peace and provoke. For a total of 60 base damage vs players. (90 vs mobs, 180 with slayer)
Versus a player with all 70's you'll do 18 damage. 120 resist can lower that further. I believe its a 33% reduction so you'd do 12 damage per tick.
You'll have to test that, the reduction could be between 30 and 50% but I really cant remember the formula I used so you may get between 9 and 12 damage.
The strength reduction is also reduced. I think at 120 resist the strength reduction is a maximum of 12.(also guessing from memory)

At your current skill set, since master ability effectiveness is factored in 10 point incremeents, you'd be getting 10 damage from disco, 8 from provoke, 16 from musicianship and 8 from peacemaking for a total of 42 pre-resists. Which is 12 after armor resistances. With 120 resist that may be 21 or 30 before suit resistance resulting in 7-10 damage final.

Fartbarf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry I don't remember the formulas so I will have to make an educated guess from the experience route.
For despair you get up to 20 damage from discord, 16 damage from musicianship and up to 12 each from peace and provoke. For a total of 60 base damage vs players. (90 vs mobs, 180 with slayer)
Versus a player with all 70's you'll do 18 damage. 120 resist can lower that further. I believe its a 33% reduction so you'd do 12 damage per tick.
You'll have to test that, the reduction could be between 30 and 50% but I really cant remember the formula I used so you may get between 9 and 12 damage.
The strength reduction is also reduced. I think at 120 resist the strength reduction is a maximum of 12.(also guessing from memory)

At your current skill set, since master ability effectiveness is factored in 10 point incremeents, you'd be getting 10 damage from disco, 8 from provoke, 16 from musicianship and 8 from peacemaking for a total of 42 pre-resists. Which is 12 after armor resistances. With 120 resist that may be 21 or 30 before suit resistance resulting in 7-10 damage final.

Excellent information.
Once I max out all skills, i'll let you know if it was 30 or 50 percent.

Thanks.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember if there was an exceptional bonus for instruments on the abilities. Just a slayer bonus.