• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] PvM NecroMageWeaver armour

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I built my suit with alot of MR, but I've heard its less effective the higher it is, so I was wondering if I would be better to lower it, if so, what to and if I should increase my mana or something else instead?

My current suit is:

HoM
Scrappers
Orny
Quiver of infinity
Totem of the void
Shield of invulnerability
Crimson cincture
Gorget - mi 7, mr 2, 10/8/18/6/19
Gloves - hpi 5, mr 2, lmc 7, lrc 15, 9/18/6/10/8
Arms - mi 8, mr 2, lrc 16, 19/11/6/9/14
Tunic - mr 2, lmc 6, lrc 18, 20/8/7/9/20
Legs - hpi 4, mr 2, lrc 18, 5/18/9/7/9
Ring - necro 9, fcr 2, fc, lrc 14, poision 10

Totals:
LMC 43
MR 14
SDI 35
DCI 20

HP 129
Stam 15
Mana 148

And my temp is:
Eval 110
Inscription / resist 100
Magery 120
Med 100
Necro 99
Spellweaving 120

I use the char for group hunts - peerless and champs, and I don't PvP.

Thanks.

C

Chaosy

I don't see anything wrong with the suit to be honest. Every mr point helps, just not as much as it used to. If you already have max lrc and lmc, why not mr?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see anything wrong with the suit to be honest. Every mr point helps, just not as much as it used to. If you already have max lrc and lmc, why not mr?
Yeh, I thought more MR would be better, but then I heard about the change to it, so got me thinking if the mod would be better used for something else, increase mana instead?

Thanks for the help :)

C

Chaosy

Yeh, I thought more MR would be better, but then I heard about the change to it, so got me thinking if the mod would be better used for something else, increase mana instead?

Thanks for the help :)
MR is good, I wouldn't worry about changing your suit. It looks good as it is.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What are you using 99 necro for on a mage with no spirit speak? Or did you just forget to list that? My math shows me we're missing roughly 80 skill points in your template.

-OBSIDIAN-

G

gjohnson5

HoM
Scrappers
Orny
Quiver of infinity
Totem of the void
Shield of invulnerability
Crimson cincture
Gorget - mi 7, mr 2, 10/8/18/6/19
Gloves - hpi 5, mr 2, lmc 7, lrc 15, 9/18/6/10/8
Arms - mi 8, mr 2, lrc 16, 19/11/6/9/14
Tunic - mr 2, lmc 6, lrc 18, 20/8/7/9/20
Legs - hpi 4, mr 2, lrc 18, 5/18/9/7/9
Ring - necro 9, fcr 2, fc, lrc 14, poision 10
And my temp is:
Eval 110
Inscription / resist 100
Magery 120
Med 100
Necro 99
Spellweaving 120

What are you using 99 necro for on a mage with no spirit speak? Or did you just forget to list that? My math shows me we're missing roughly 80 skill points in your template.

-OBSIDIAN-
110 + (Eval)
100 + (inscription)
100 + (Resisting Spells)
120 + (Magery)
100 + (Med)
99 +(Necro)
120 + (Spellweaving)
= 749

749 points in the template and 9 of it is the ring. I'm curious where the other 20 come from... Hopefully it's not points on the scrapers. I tend to use slayer spellbooks at times , so I use multiples

He's using the 99 necro for vampiric embrace.

And I agree I like the suit. Spellweaving needs high LMC and you have that.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I thought he was saying he used Inscription or Resist at 100... probably by trading them out via Soul Stone.

I still don't see the benefit of VE for a mage. You can't leech mana and to my knowledge, you don't leech life either from spell damage. I suppose the MR4 and high posion resist would be helpful... but that's a lot of skill points just for that effect. You also limit yourself from casting garlic-based spells, unless you want to sustain damage.

I don't usually run around with my mage in VE so I am intrigued why he is using it (if he is).

-OBSIDIAN-

G

gjohnson5

Ok, I thought he was saying he used Inscription or Resist at 100... probably by trading them out via Soul Stone.
He probably was.

I still don't see the benefit of VE for a mage. You can't leech mana and to my knowledge, you don't leech life either from spell damage. I suppose the MR4 and high posion resist would be helpful... but that's a lot of skill points just for that effect. You also limit yourself from casting garlic-based spells, unless you want to sustain damage.
The only real benefit for him would be the posion resist. He already has 14 mana regeneration from his suit. I like lich form better personally, just can't seem to run away from paragons with it.... I'm not sure how many of the garlic spells he uses. Cure , Arch Cure, Heal , Greater Heal , Dispel , Dispel Field , Mass Dispel and Rez would be a pain wouldn't it? With Spirit Speak you don't need to use garlic to heal , but he doesn't have SS....
So I agree that in his case he could probably get skill point cost/benefit from rolling with both inscrption and resist. Then maybe 120 eval, med , resist with the 80 left over points

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha! Yeh sorry guys, I missed out 80 spirit speak :blushing:

I swap inscription and resist with soulstones.

I mainly use wraith form, but if I have to cast alot of summons, I use lich form :)