• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvm guild?

I

imported_Phyrra

Dunno much about em, but one guild that was brought to my attention was RK (Runic Knights) for being PvMish.. Limlight brought them to my attention when he asked me to help out a new player a few days ago. So maybe try them? I just returned and don't know all the guilds anymore.

$

$Kaylun$

well im looking for a guild to run doom with and some other stuff is all.

I

imported_Phyrra

Oh, I see a lot of LNR in Doom when I'm there. And I had a char in for a bit and there always seemed to be green around. Try them maybe? Don't know other than those two, sorry!

G

RK is a good guild if your into Peerless runs thats what were all about we also have a few members and alliance members that do Doom runs and always ask if anyone wants to hitch a ride when there ready to go..

M

Maddin

LOL Jazz, Actually read this yesterday and came to post to that effect.

Yeah Man, Just hit the link and register and we have a application thread and hang with us to let us get to know ya and us and we'll go from there.

$

$Kaylun$

good info but im not into the whole application stuff
. thanks though

G

Ah, but the guilds that make you apply are the good ones. They just don't let any joker in. Whether it be MSI or another guild, I highly recommend you go the application route. They usually consist of like literally 4 questions.... Your name, type of character, how long you have played and how you heard about them. It's nothing too in depth. This also ensures that they don't guild some speedhacking 12 year old that starts killing/scamming guild members the second he joins. But, do what you wish. =)

M

Maddin

What he said.

Just some contact info and some time to get to know ya and you to get to know us. We're a solid guild and not looking to be the largest guild but good folks are always welcome

All the best whatever ya decide.

Fire Kitten

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can second Jazz's experience in MSI.. I am having a blast!!!!!!!! best time ever!

StarFire, Tabitha, Godiva, & Tawny

I

imported_GFY

We don't just recruit the toon we recruit the player. As was mentioned the recruit process (I have a blast when I went through it) is to meet and get to know the player. We're not in this for the game, we're in this to make RL friendships with people who enjoy playing a game.

D

Draken-Korin

Nothing against you being proud of your guild, but curious how FOUR questions "ensures" much of anything. Your application process might help, but providing your name, type of character, how long you've played and how you heard about said guild would do little, in my opinion, to keep out people determined to do harm to your guild.

The key is minimizing the damage that can be done by those wishing to do harm to a guild or its members, which I would think is done by having a guild made up of players that are paying attention and careful with just how far they will trust others (more pointedly NEW ones).

Trust should be earned over a LONG period of time. Trust should not be given simply by sharing the same tag over your head, or by believing four application questions will keep out those not worthy of being trusted.

U

_Uriah Heep_

Amen to DK

Saw the guild-killer thing first hand very recently, with one that joined an allied guild and started killing everything green. He was good too

Only way to keep that from happening, usually, is the steps to membership, gotta get to know the player...

I

Iwilleatyoursoul

I think MSI pretty much has itself covered compared to most guilds... I was able to get recruited on spot in the past by the following guilds. RK (by the gm's mother), T4H, UWF, TnF, LNR, Evermoore with no apps and pretty much no questions asked...I just spent about 5 minutes talking to either the gm's or an emissary of the guild then bam I was in the guild.Also a hot emissary(or thats what he came of to me as offering me to join the guild) Izikiel offered to guild me on the spot at yew gate while I was on my mage a while back...so pretty sure probably not that hard to get in there as well.
..)

Now imagine if I was a ******...I could of created a lot of drama.

MSI actually does its research on members...if we don't know the person or get good feed back from others....we just ask them to hang with us for a bit and go on hunts with us so we get to know them better.

Sorry to say this but we have standards girlfriend.

G

Word. The people that don't want to take the time to fill out a 4 question application aren't the kind of people we would want anyways, I think that's why the application exists. And just filling out an app doesnt get you guilded. The person goes on hunts with us for a while, then the current members discuss the applicant and then decide if they are to be guilded.

G

glorypaxson

This is Limlight...

RK is a good guild
UWF is a good one too.

M

Maddin

Like Soul said we do have our bases covered pretty much. Of the few questions asked the most important is the contact info, then we can get back to them to come on hunts and such.

One thing I think would be a good idea for the devs to change is ronins being able to attack / steal from guildies or allied. If they weren't able to, we could guild anyone interested and then either promote them in several weeks or kick them without having to look over our shoulders.

G

*flies in from Oceania*

*does a spot of cleaning*

*Waves to Everyone on Atlantic Shard*

Carry on folks

Just remember, please dont mention anything about hackers and naming guilds, its all purely hearsay.

Hope you find a good guild to hang with Kay... lots of good people on Atlantic shard

I

imported_Ishtar

Well was gonna put up a thread warning but Overkill did it for me, thanks. Keep this constructive everyone.

K

KingSidhe

An advantage to being in a Large guild, especially one that is as long standing as RK is that there are almost always people online, and you get to choose what Peerless or spawn you want to hunt. We might be working keys for Mel, Travesty, and Prism at the same time.

There have been days where I worked keys for Travesty for about 20 Runs. While others worked keys for Dreadhorn and Mels.

You should look at how long a guild has been around, the number and quality of the people in it.

Fire Kitten

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Large Guild, Small Guild.. its all good! I think the "get to know me stage" before guilding someone is as helpful to the person lookin for a guild as the guild lookin for members.. A guild is very much a home here in game.. where you have people of like mind.. who enjoy doing the same things.. helping each other.. and so on.. Its alot about personality and we all know us "humans" are not cut out of the same mold.. thank god! I wish you luck in finding your "home" whether it be with a large guild who does peers, a small guild that roleplays.. whatever floats yer boat!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing against you being proud of your guild, but curious how FOUR questions "ensures" much of anything. Your application process might help, but providing your name, type of character, how long you've played and how you heard about said guild would do little, in my opinion, to keep out people determined to do harm to your guild.

The key is minimizing the damage that can be done by those wishing to do harm to a guild or its members, which I would think is done by having a guild made up of players that are paying attention and careful with just how far they will trust others (more pointedly NEW ones).

Trust should be earned over a LONG period of time. Trust should not be given simply by sharing the same tag over your head, or by believing four application questions will keep out those not worthy of being trusted.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way to completely ensure anything. But what it does do is show that someone is willing to put forth the 2 minutes (if that) of effort. And if someone is really interested in joining your guild, then that is the least they should be willing to do.

As for trust, someone who really wants to guild gank is going to get in anyway. (which is why I would like to see Ronin members not be able to attack guildies/alliance members and why I am generally against alliances)