• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvM - Basic Questions

• Thread starter Bippodrop
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bippodrop

Does character facing have anything to do with hit probability and damage dealt? For instance, if my warrior is striking at an ettin from the ettin's rear, does my hit chance rise and damage dealt increase? Or is it the same regardless of where I stand in relation to the opponent?

Is it best to circle a monster when fighting or dart in/out? Heavy hitting monsters obviously require me to strike, backoff, heal, then close again. I guess I am looking for suggestions or methods other players use when fighting monsters. I do not participate in PvP, solely PvM.

Thanks in advance for any advice you wish to share....

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just stand near them to fight, don't matter where you stand.

The only thing i keep in my mind when fighting in dungeons is that i awlasy fight close to a wall. That way i make sure no new monsters spawns from behind me. Also when i need to run i always run back where i came from and not further away so i might run into more trouble.

I constantly keep healing myself when fighting monsters. I only run away when half my health is gone and the heal needs to start. When i get hit by level 5 poison, no matter how high my health i always back of from the monster. When i'm fightign with my friend or anyone else when we do crosshealing we just stand our ground and just keep healing each other. Always trust that the other heals you in time.

And of course alot of figthing, trying, dying and learning is the best way to make you a better fighter.

L

Lugh Simaldinach

Many monsters have a faster hit rate than player chars. This is especially true when your dex is low. Because of this, it is usually best to run in and hit, then run back and stay away until your weapon time cycle runs out and you can hit again.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer your initial question, which I think was missed--no, you get no bonus of any sort for attacking from behind. Your chance to hit is the same from any surrounding tile.

A

afreespirit

Slayer weapons for PvM, particularily super slayer types. I have a reptile slayer lance that when combined with the Chivalry spells Enemy of One and Consecrate Weapon will do an average of 100 damage per hit to dragons.