• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pvm Bard

L

lancelot99

Im wanting a pvm bart to have fun in the new Shame dungeon...
I have the virtuoso suit, but it needs imbuing with mana regen lmc etc ... i am thinking of;

Music 120
Discord 120
provoke 120
magic 100 (maybe less but used for teleport/heal/invis etc...
Mystic 120
Focus 120

700 points (gives me a few points to spread around)

I plan to use RC to tank and then discord/provoke etc... (new to mystic so please comment if this is wrong)

I used a Tamer/discord before (long tome ago) but even with discord i found it not really effective so fancy a change

1. Would this work ok? especially for lower levels of shame?
2. Should i stick to the disco bard mastery for the damage or use the provoke mastery spells?

All advice apreciated

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im a new to the bard in truth. But with the RC on a discorded mob with the provoc spell up eats things alive. I know im working on the same build as you with only 705 points to play with on my char. my magic is only at 80 but i use ring/watch to get it to 110 as im short a 120 scroll. Rest is in Med with 30 on the ring/watch.

L

lancelot99

But would a mystic bard be better at pvm than a tamer bard with disco ? such as shame lev 5 ?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have that very same template. I utilize the virtuoso suit and absolutely love the template. There is very few things you can't fight, and an RC absolutely shreds a discoe'd mob. You will find some of the weaknesses of the template in defense and such, but overall, it is the most fun bard template I've played in....forever. Good time.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Only thing I don't like about the template is when u roll up on acritter that instant dispels all your summons. That's a huge drain on the old mana and leaves ya hanging. But if your leet of feet it's not that big of a issue, just more irritating than anything.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea really hate that, get the RC up and running then POOF hes gone. It was one of the reason i looked into SW hoping that something i could use dryads allure on might be worth while.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to use my Pure Bard (4x120 +120 Meditation + 120 Magery)
If you combine Discord and the Disco mastery spells, you can dish out alot of damage, but you take a more active role in the fight.
(Also make sure you use a slayer instrument)

If you want to go a more passive route, the provo masteries, + summons work well. Personally I usually go with either disco mastery because I just like the idea of my bard wailing on something directly, OR I go for survivability and run both the peace masteries since they allow me to survive around multiple mobs when I fail provo on the lower levels.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
depending on what your fighting, but yes, they really uped the damage a bard can do, and myst has high damage output as well.
so combined they deal out a lot of damage.

but like i said it depends a lot on what your fighting.
some con's are critters that dispel.
when they dispel your RC's you are left high and dry.
also, if your fighting some of the high end critters they like to putt you in if you do direct damge.
so that also sucks.
but then they also are a pain for tamers as well, as they have area effects and you are unable to use vet to heal your pets.

but to answer your question, yes, a myst bard can keep up to a tamer for damage output.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but not a disco tamer.
thought i better qualify that a bit.
disco tamers are still king of the hill.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The way i would like to play it, though would have to be a tamer and not a caster so pets dont have to be resummoned. Dont know if it works this way as i have yet to hit TC1 to check it. Take pet/s you want to hunt with head to the area you want to hunt. With a suit that has lmc and as much MR as you can get. I want to keep both provoke songs up and running to but pet/s as much up time as i could get and only use Disco to debuff what im killing. As i said i dont know the ins and outs of it yet but im seeing fun fun fun if it can be done lol.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing Bard Mystic for almost 2 years now and Its more power then a sampire! debate all you want but my bard mystic can do anything my sampire could do! My advice is simple 120 mage 120 mystic 120 focus 120 music 120 disco (120 other skills Provoke spellweave wrestle) I swap out provoke depending what I am doing! Use fire horns! nothing like doing 50-80 dmg to 20 things surrounding you very handy spawning use a one handed -15 or -20 mage weapon!! so you can use healing stone! very good spell! if you want some pets to kill for you useing the provoke songs then just pop 2 vollems out of crystalls great pets and quite strong with provoke songs going! if you want a tamer then do a bard tamer but tamers are weak compared to mystic bards,
Ok so here is the list of things my mystic bard has solo'd
Peerless all but trav and proximus trav vs a bard is BAD NEWS! proximus i just figgure its better to not run arround for 2 hours when my samp can tank in 20 min though for farming keys Mystic Bard is great!
All champ spawns except the sa ones are easily done just be sure to have all the super slayer books for the bosses. and all the sa big guys slasher stygian medusa and navery they go down but you need to think of strategy vs some of them.
As for the auto dispell monsters like shimmer well get 30 mr 40 lmc and just keep casting it! yes it sucks but they will stop dispelling for a period of time it seems then they do again a few times i just find persistance works! though with a -20 mw and 45 dci 120 mage skill ajusted + protection + healing stone + cleansing winds in stone form or not you can be a tank and just wack things enchant weapon and get in beside your collossus!

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
vollems are THE best thing for a bard, hands down, no comparison, end of discussion.
i have 2 on each of my bards on every shard.
i went out of my way to ensure i had 2 of them on each of my bards.
infact, most of them ive even put in the time to train them up.
they ROCK!
and ya, running the provo mastery with them just makes a good thing better.
its like having a cherry on top of your whipped cream.
hell ya ill have a cherry!

L

lancelot99

Sadly, i dont have the cash to buy Vollems *the ones in the crystals* .. (which are stupidly expensive on the Europa shard)
unless you mean the craftable vollem?

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nope he is talking about the ones that come in the crystal. No taming needed and they act just like a tamed pet.

L

lancelot99

Well, on Europa, those crystal vollems can be upto 30 million each to buy

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yea there not cheap, but there a bard/mage's best friends. Don't think a bard/tamer or Bard/mystic would use them much as there based off pets and summons.

L

lancelot99

Well, currently running a disco/tamer .. and while it is fun.. major problems with drag not following orders and boring gameplay of *all kill* and sit back to watch a movie while the beastie dies!