• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Puzzled

M

Maia

I have played UO since June of 2000 and owned a house on Moonglow since 2001. I have not been able to play this past year but have kept up my account. As I knew the Christmas gifts would be handed out, I took the time to log in my characters and get my "gifty". The characters on Europa were all in my house so I had no problems with them. However, when I went to log in the one or two characters I had on other shards (all who stay at the Scholar's Inn) I found I could be killed by monsters and that there were other monk like characters running around with odd names like "coward" or something. Apparently, I have missed out on some terrible thing that has happened to my beautiful Moonglow Island. :(

Could someone explain what is happening or point me toward the proper reading place to know what is going on?

Thank you in advance.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear. You got caught up in the pub 56 content - http://www.uoguide.com/War_of_Shadows

If you need a hand with anything, shout me here or on icq 451 321 008

I have a greater dragon, and I'm not afraid to use it - I'll get eaten anyway mind, but what the hell!

M

Maia

Oh dear. You got caught up in the pub 56 content - http://www.uoguide.com/War_of_Shadows

If you need a hand with anything, shout me here or on icq 451 321 008

I have a greater dragon, and I'm not afraid to use it - I'll get eaten anyway mind, but what the hell!
Thank you very much for the URL telling all about Publish 56. And, also, thank you very much for the offer of help. Very kind of you. :)

But, the bottom line is that I think this stinks. :( Why ruin Trammel Moonglow.

Is there supposed to be an end to this nonsence??

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there supposed to be an end to this nonsence??
Sure. Town invasions in the War of Shadows are entirely player-driven.

Moonglow on Trammel is invaded when one of the "chaos" Factions (Minax or Shadowlords) captured the Moonglow sigil on Felucca.

There are two ways to purify the citizens of Moonglow on Trammel and stop the invasion:

1) Beat back all invading monsters and NPCs until you force the spawn of the crimson dragon, then kill it.

2) Have one of the "order" Factions (True Britannians or Council of Mages) recapture the faction sigil of Moonglow on Felucca.

M

Maia

Sure. Town invasions in the War of Shadows are entirely player-driven.

Moonglow on Trammel is invaded when one of the "chaos" Factions (Minax or Shadowlords) captured the Moonglow sigil on Felucca.

There are two ways to purify the citizens of Moonglow on Trammel and stop the invasion:

1) Beat back all invading monsters and NPCs until you force the spawn of the crimson dragon, then kill it.

2) Have one of the "order" Factions (True Britannians or Council of Mages) recapture the faction sigil of Moonglow on Felucca.
HeH! No, by stopping the nonsense I meant getting rid of this part of Publish 56. Players have plenty of places to hunt monsters in Trammel, all of Felucca to kill each other and hunt monsters, etc. There are some of us who just enjoy crafting and visiting and not having to worry we might be ganked at any moment. Why did they have to ruin this in the first place?

I don't mind a two day event but one where you never know when it will happen and if you are safe does not please me.

At one time I had 13 accounts and did plenty of everything. I went down to this one quiet account and now I have been invaded. I am not pleased.

Again, I have had my house in Moonglow since 2001. I would hate to have to move.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it would help, I can provide a nice, safe, quiet haven in Malas to be your base until such times as the invasions are over and done with?

M

Maia

If it would help, I can provide a nice, safe, quiet haven in Malas to be your base until such times as the invasions are over and done with?
You are truly thoughtful and sweet. My Europa characters are fine for now as they are safe in the house and I have a vendor blocking the door.

My biggest gripe is that the one or two characters I have on other shards who live at The Scholars Inn are loaded with rares gotten over the years. I am fearful to log them in and get killed. I know most of the rares are blessed but none of the other stuff is insured as I never play these chars. Just use them to hold things until such time as I get rid of more of the rares on Europa and can make room to transfer them over. And as character transfers are not instanteous they could get killed waiting. Yikes!

Anyway, the whole idea of ruining a nice playing area for beginners in the first place just angers me. It makes no sense to me.

I just would like to know if this publish will continue forever and, if so, then I will have to make some permanent plans. Do you know if this will always be???

C

Coyt

move your charsacters to jehlom or haven those towns are still safe

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are truly thoughtful and sweet. My Europa characters are fine for now as they are safe in the house and I have a vendor blocking the door.

My biggest gripe is that the one or two characters I have on other shards who live at The Scholars Inn are loaded with rares gotten over the years. I am fearful to log them in and get killed. I know most of the rares are blessed but none of the other stuff is insured as I never play these chars. Just use them to hold things until such time as I get rid of more of the rares on Europa and can make room to transfer them over. And as character transfers are not instanteous they could get killed waiting. Yikes!

Anyway, the whole idea of ruining a nice playing area for beginners in the first place just angers me. It makes no sense to me.

I just would like to know if this publish will continue forever and, if so, then I will have to make some permanent plans. Do you know if this will always be???

Only solution I can think of is to make a new char, then stand next to the town crier and say "news" and check where the invasion is. When moonglow doesn't show up, go through the moon gate in Haven to get to moonglow and double check. When all is clear, log in the chars with the valuables and move them out of glow for now. Luna and Haven are both safe. If you don't have a spare char slot, let me know, I have a few :)

M

Maia

Only solution I can think of is to make a new char, then stand next to the town crier and say "news" and check where the invasion is. When moonglow doesn't show up, go through the moon gate in Haven to get to moonglow and double check. When all is clear, log in the chars with the valuables and move them out of glow for now. Luna and Haven are both safe. If you don't have a spare char slot, let me know, I have a few :)
What a GREAT idea! I will do this.

The other shards have at most 3 characters so creating a new one is not a problem.

I will let you know how it works out and hope to meet you ingame soon. :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The other shards have at most 3 characters so creating a new one is not a problem.

Yay, sorted :) I'm usually kicking about in game on and off all day and evening, job and small children allowing!

The town invasions are part of the long term story line for UO - I wonder if it's to do with the new client and will all be tied into that when it is, eventually, (and hopefully not too buggily) released? The factions have had attention recently, as have other, long neglected, professions, like thieves. If you check the back issues on the publishes, you should be able to catch up and see what's happening :)

M

Maia

As promised, I will update you. Finding a town crier in New Haven proved futile so it meant I had to move my new character to a new town and then try to find one there. As they are never in the same place, it was too time consuming.

So, I just created a character, ran to the New Haven moongate, went to Moonglow and checked it out. If I saw "bad" characters I quickly retreated to New Haven and will attempt at another time.

I was able to relocate my chars from Atlantic, Lake Superior, Great Lakes, Chesapeake, Catskills, Pacific, Sonoma, Dracenfels and Oceania. The Legends, Origin, Lake Austin, Baja and Napa Valley ones will have to sit tight for awhile.

I was going to relocate my characters to New Haven but it turns out the Inn there is NOT "instant log". So, they all ended up in Luna.

Again, thank you very much for the great advice. And, also the URL concerning what is going on. Very helpful!

*bows*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as they're logged out, they're safe, so relax, they'll be ok for a while. PITA for trading or cross shard transfers, but them's the breaks :)

M

Maia

As long as they're logged out, they're safe, so relax, they'll be ok for a while. PITA for trading or cross shard transfers, but them's the breaks :)
And another consideration is that if I cannot log them in during the alotted time to receive the Christmas gifty, I miss out on that too. :( And, not because I want to trade them but because I will eventually cross shard transfer all these chars with their goodies.

One fun thing...........I did get the "special" Christmas box on the Drach shard. :)