• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pure wrestler

M

murugan

hello, i wish to build a pure wrestler, for the fun and roleplay matters, but i would like to understand a bit better the mechanisms to be at least a bit effective.
That's what i've found for now on the official uo website :

<blockquote><hr>

Using Wrestling
Your Wrestling skill is checked automatically each time you attempt hand-to-hand combat. The skill determines the frequency of your attacks, as well as the amount of damage you deal when striking an opponent.

Hint: Mages not interested in gaining Wrestling skill would be wise to keep their spellbooks in their hands when in battle, rather than in their backpack. To use your Wrestling skill, enter War mode with nothing in your hands and double-click an opponent.

Special Moves

The special wrestling moves may only be activated using a macro to place your character in the appropriate wrestling "mode." While in this mode, you may attack as normal, but every 10 seconds, you may attempt a special move. Each attempt to perform a special wrestling move results in a temporary loss of 15 Stamina.

# Disarm — Characters with a high skill in Wrestling and Arms Lore may occasionally attempt to disarm opponents during combat. If successful, the target’s weapon or spellbook is removed from his hands and placed in his backpack. Use this attack by configuring an Arm/Disarm macro.
# Stun — Characters with a high skill in Wrestling and Anatomy may attempt to stun opponents during combat. If successful, a stun punch stuns the targeted opponent for four seconds. Use this attack by configuring a Wreststun macro.

Additional Information

Professional Title: Wrestler
Skill Used by: Automatic when fighting hand-to-hand
Trainers: All NPCs
Secondary Skill (may improve while wrestling): Tactics, Anatomy
Handy Additional Skills for Wrestlers:
Anatomy — A high Anatomy skill can give you a special attack that’s absolutely “stunning.”
Arms Lore — With a high skill in Arms Lore, you can disarm opponents with a simple flick of the wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, these informations are generating more questions than they are answering...
First of all, from when are the infos on the official website, and are they still correct nowadays ?
Then , there are some points which are really not clear for me, for example about what they say about the special moves. if i understand correctly, it's not working like the classical fighter skills (sword, fencer, mace). you lose stamina instead of mana when you use a special move ? and you "enter in a mode" by a macro (which macro ?) which allows you to use a special move every 10 seconds ? it's really not clear. Or maybe it's just like the other skills ,but it's explained so badly that i get lost ?

Then, i have some questions too about the complementary skills : armslore, anatomy, tactics... is it still correct, and are there any more precise datas ?
how armslore does help in disarming ?
how anatomy gives "stunning" attacks ?
do you have to have tactics to use the special moves with wrestling ?

and then one more question :
does bushido help to parry without shield when you fight without weapon ?

i thank you for your help

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The data you found is all old.

Wrestling works like any other weapon skill now, except that you don't need tactics to perform the special attacks.

Anatomy and Tactics will still help in damage output, however it will still be very small.

Honestly though, I have no idea about parry with bushido and wrestle - I hope that it does work with no shield, but I'm guessing (through other programming ****ups) that it does not. That would require some testing though.

Many people have wanted to make pure wrestlers for rp and other purposes in the past, but no one ever ends up playing it. I suggest not scrolling out your character until you play on it a bit and decide whether you will be happy with it or not.

M

murugan

thank you for your reply, it makes it much more clear now !
what a shame that the official website of the game is filled with wrong and outdated datas !

now i still need an answer about armslore : does it help for disarming or is it wrong too ?

thank you

J

Jheran Viaxus

It is wrong. Disarm is special move for wrestlers.

I

imported_mo'gluk

parry does not work if you do notahve a weapon in hand

N

Nystle

I actually built a template based on this concept and it wasn't too bad. Here is the template I built.

Wrestling 120 (Max skill DCI and HCI)
Tactics 120 (For Added Dmg Bonus)
Anatomy 120 (Dmg Bonus and healing)
Ninjitsu 120 (Death Strike, animal forms, Mirror Image, Shurikens all useful)
Alchemy 100 (Bonus to Pots usage)
Healing 90 (obviously for healing)
Focus 50 (Extra stamina regen and Mana regen for specials)

Stats:
100 Str
125 Dex (Built to 150)
25 Int

I built a suit with max HCI and DCI, enhanced potions and capped Dex at 150 for faster heals. I also did my best to cap DI using Primer on Arms, Stormgrip and jewlery with DI. I never truly completed the suit and was constantly testing it. I wanted to test the idea of a suit with max Hit Point Regen but never got around to it.

The idea for usage was to max hit speed and dmg speed with fists and you can actually do up to 8 points of dmg with your fists and hit pretty fast, but I would hit with fists, and use death strike (this special can be used with your fists) then I would use pots for cure and heal, and toss a few greater explosions at my enemy for added damage. The combo of a Death Strike and a set of explotion pots was pretty deadly especially if you threw into the mix a few poisoned Shurikens into the mix. Defensively you could pop yourself into dog form summon up some mirror images and keep yourself alive long enough to get several bandages off if needed. Obviously the temple has plenty of flaws and isn't as viable anymore since the changes to Death Strike.

As a final FYI you can't use wrestling with evasion and none of the Bushido skills will work with wrestling.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the most important thing for a wrestler is 1) colorful spandex undies 2) a loud and obnixous catchphrase (ie. HULKAMANIA IS RUNNIN WILD BROTHER!!) 3) someone to follow you around holding a mike and yelling "SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!"