• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Pure Warrior - Some questions

Ossy

Adventurer
Skill cap is still only 720, so won't be able to be 120 in all skills.

Can go above the limits with items.

I just came back myself. Wish I could restore my old account but I don't remember the username and stuff I used.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • 120 Swords
  • 120 Tactics
  • 120 Anatomy
  • 120 Healing
  • 120 Parrying
  • 120 Resist
Skill cap is still only 720, so won't be able to be 120 in all skills.
6 x 120 = 720. Above template would be fine.

With your weapons I would go for double axes (for Whirlwind) special move. This is great for champ spawns etc. Then I would also rock something like a bladed staff for AI special move.

These days its quite easy to max out a PvM suit for this kind of warrior.

I would go for this:

45 HCI
45 DCI
100 damage increase
150 STR

Work out how much stamina and SSI you need to swing your weapon as max speed (1.25s) then work form that.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Make sure you have enough mana in the suit to chain up AI and DS, regardless.
I'd rather go with 120 chiv than 120 resist to help with damage output, specially against stuff that has no slayer, though.
Your main staying power will be hit life leech on your weapon, so you need to deal big damage to stay alive.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with the help of potions and some good armour you can easily achieve 150 HP/ 150 Stam / 100 mana.
I agreed wit DjAd double axes for WW and DS. If you can keep SSi off your weapons ( by wearing SSI items) then you can max out HML and HLL.
You can also go with radiant scimitars and a shield if you are just doing Spawns for the low level stuff.

I know you want to do pure warrior template but if you consider add Chiv instead of RS, then you should read the pure paladin thread on this forum.....you build is definitely viable.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
  • 100 Swords (+20 from Cap John Hat)
  • 105 Tactics (+15 from Jewels)
  • 105 Anatomy (+15 from Jewels)
  • 90 Healing
  • 110 Parrying (+10 from shield)
  • 100 Resist
  • 110 Chivalry
That's the template I use for my PVM Paladin warrior. The obvious difference being that I am getting quite a lot of points from jewels and equipment to get to 120 for a number of my skills. However, this allows me to add chivalry, which I feel is crucial for any warrior.

Resist is fine at 100. If you're doing champ spawns and/or bosses with a lot of casters, I feel its def necessary to have something on there. Then if you have too many curses on you at the same time, you can always use 'Remove Curse' spell from Chivalry.

Overall, I will also admit that this is my least played character. I simply like the Life Leach function of my sampire a bit more. I do still use him for running Blackthorn's Dungeon and used to be mildly successful with him at champ spawns. As noted by others in here, you will want to get loaded up with damage increase, hit chance increase, defense chance increase and probably make sure you have plenty of Stamina so you can swing quick enough.

Best of luck!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure warriors are nice, but they do have limited damage output, you should read the guide in the sticky thread here in this forum.
I know it sux, but the guide does explain the different templates quite well.
I give u this advice thou, having 6x120 is not always the best (even thou it sounds like it in theory)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Question: Armor type, I'd like to wear full plate but does that impact how much mana regen I get from my suit? IE: Is putting MR on a plate piece a complete waste?

Question: Hit area spells on the weapon, such as hit area fire, is it a good idea to have in situations where you would use whirlwind or does one cancel out the other?

Question: What about blood drinker, a good idea on a pure warrior?

Benefit: No matter what I do my mana regen will not be stellar as a pure warrior or paladin, I see a benefit in staying as a pure warrior here to use all available mana on whirlwind instead of on other things like consecrate etc.

Thanks for the input, I am going to resist the idea of using Bushido and Chivalry for now and stick to the 6 skills posted in my first post and see just how far I can push the envelope. To be honest If I get wrecked for not having Bushido or Chivalry it's going to make me want to find a way, each boss is different.
Blood Drinker works from the special move Bleed Attack. I wouldn't bother with it.

Having Plate makes no difference to the Mana Regen property. However the type of armour you wear does affect Lower Mana Cost, you should forget Mana Regen as warriors use Mana Leech on their weapons, and have 40 LMC on your gear, with Studded Leather or Bone armour you get an extra 3 LMC per piece up to 5 pieces allowing 55 LMC.

Hit Area is great on any weapon but especially when using Whirlwind as the effect may go off on multiple targets at once, the damage it does is based on the damage the initial hit did so combined with Slayers or the Bushido Whirlwind bonus can usually result in more than an extra 90 damage per target (assuming 9 targets) minimum, people tend to pick a damage type that is the targets weakest for example Hit Fire Area for Arachnid/Undead spawns.

Forget Blood Drinker.

I would not expect to be particularly good on any Peerless with that template but Champion Spawns should be fine.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The HLL for the radiant scimitar is awful unless you are running vampire form, so you can't rely on it to stay alive.
Regarding armour, go with plate for better stamina protection, as you won't have divine fury from chivalry to refresh your stamina when things get ugly and the RNG insists on not triggering for you the hit stamina leech.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree with @TimberWolf, pure Paladin can make what pure warrior does.
Chivalry can be substitute of RS with Remove Curse and you have more skills for combat.
I have a pure paladin build and for walk alone its a good char.
There are an article that speak of Pure Paladin and i suggest you to read.
My Setup: The Purest Paladin Ever

For the equip other players said all, HLL and HML in weapon with healing can help stay alive

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ResSpel or Chiv are two different styles. ResSpel are easy to use without mana problem of chiv and with WW attack you can make champ so easy. Chiv its better for single target.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk