• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pure Mystic??

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ive heard a few things about a OP "pure mystic" template... what would this temp look like and what are the pros and cons? Always looking at different things, was hoping someone could shed some light?

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
After doing some research, I came up with this template:

120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Resisting Spells
120 Wrestling
120 Parrying
100 Inscription

Base Stats
125 STR
100 DEX
35 INT

Built towards PvP

The suit i was thinking of would be 30 sdi (focused myst) AND inscription for 40 sdi total, 20 casting focus, open main hand for potions. (50ep) Would use 70 dci and run with 65 resists on augmented full studded armor, 55 LMC from having 5 pieces of the studded, and maybe 100 reflect physical damage if it dosent interact too poorly with parry. Or just focus on eaters. Elf for 20 extra mana due to dex needed for parry, as well as liberal int/mi along the pieces. And of course 2/6 with 16-18 hpr and some MR. Might be expensive to pull off, but I really dont see a flaw. I am a suit builder by profession so I think i can make this with enough time, only problem is my magery spellplay sucks so I figured this would be more straightforward for me personally. Maybe I am completely wrong, lemme know.

Any thoughts? Maybe I am missing something, but suit+temp sounds pretty awesome to me. Wrestling you can even disarm--> or para for a massive spell plague+nether/nether>bombard trigger.

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casting focus caps at 12 (from items) the rest comes from (inscription or bard buffs).
Looks its gonna be very tight on the mana. Seems possible, but doesn't look like the casting will be sustainable.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Casting focus caps at 12 (from items) the rest comes from (inscription or bard buffs).
Looks its gonna be very tight on the mana. Seems possible, but doesn't look like the casting will be sustainable.
Ya, I pretty much ruled RPD out for MI, suit is coming along fine but the main worry I have is the temp, how viable is it?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need to adjust your dexterity down.

0 SSI and 90 dex gives you max swing with wrestling. You only need 80 dex for parry. If you can fit 5 ssi (aug cloak or jewel) you can keep dex at 80 (85 for cursed reasons). You should also take into consideration agility potions as the template is tight on stats. So if human and 50 EP you get 31 dex w/greater agility. 85-31 = 54. So you only need 54 dex (from items or real dex) leaving more room for INT. You only need 119 (real or with items) to hit 150 str w/greater strength pots giving you even more room for int.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is all great advice concerning the suit, but my main concern is the validity of the temp itself. Id like to know the pros and cons of the skills. Anyone have experience with a temp like this?

Last edited:

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ehh.. nm, this temp isnt as good as I thought. I mean I suck at pvp but a 3 second cleansing wind and potions arnt enough to survive a mana dump, as well as there is no way to stop the enemy from healing. You can redline them with a bombard trigger after a spell plague, but its not enough and once its spent that is it. So... :( Mystic Mage is what ill TRY to play i suppose.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a mystic you don't have heal blocking (like poison or mortal) so you have to kill them with the damage burst, which is very hard to do.

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to use magery with mystic if you want to do PvP, not sure why no one else mentioned this. You aren't going to stand up against competent players without it. Magery just has to much to offer to not include it in a PvP caster template.