• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pure(ish) Bard w/ Sampire Build?

Fenbay

Adventurer
So I ditched the archer bard idea, and am looking at other options.

I have a 4X120 bard ready to go, but I haven't decided final build.

Is 4X120 vs. 3X120 that big of a difference for the masteries? IE: if I decided provocation wasn't a mastery I was planning to run as support songs (using peace and disco instead) would it be a seriously negative effect on the functionality of the masteries impacting my samp if I didn't have any provo?

Ok so depending on the answer to the above: What skills would be a good addition to the bardic skills? I see magery and eval were common in the past, what about spellweaving now? Seems like mana will be a big issue so maybe meditation along with as much LMC and MR as possible.

Is resisting spells necessary with resilience running and a 70's all suit? My son will be running the bard, and I'd like to keep things easy as possible for him. (not dealing with para and poison all the time etc.)

Thanks!

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
I have 6x 120: music/provo/magery/eval/med/spellweaving

You can opt to use soulstones to add disco sometimes and such. Spellweaving is powerful and lifesaving (ethereal voyage, gift of life, etc.)

Fenbay

Adventurer
I have 6x 120: music/provo/magery/eval/med/spellweaving

You can opt to use soulstones to add disco sometimes and such. Spellweaving is powerful and lifesaving (ethereal voyage, gift of life, etc.)
Yeah so with that build if I did something similar I think I'd have to go disco instead of provo, but as a stand-alone player that build makes a lot of sense. Does focus give spellweaving a bonus or is that just mysticism? Wondering on that versus med.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know you wanted pure bard but id recommend a bard tamer to pair with a sampire. Fire beetle/frost mite plus discord will let you do insane damage. Plus your son wont get bored just watching you kill stuff. He will be doing his own damage from a safe distance via his pet. He can run of peacemaking mastery so you can tank even better. Its a really good combo.

Fenbay

Adventurer
I like that idea, and will work to it at some point.

Right now he is 120 X3 bard and 120 SW ... gonna see how that does. He'll be able to do damage with SW so he won't be just standing around when we work on a boss.

I need to figure out a bard/SW template now, so any suggestions for that would be greatly appreciated.

Build plan is 120 music, peace, discord, 120 SW, 100 med, 100RS (make it easier on him from para, poison etc), 40 magery +30 from jewels for utility recall etc.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This build requires using recall scrolls in runebooks to travel around (or skills on suit), but is pretty strong:

120X Music, Provoke, Peace, Disco, Mystic, Focus
Anything left over in magery.