• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Event: UO Pumpkin Carving Contest
Dates: 10/15/10 - 10/30/10
Judging: 10/31/10

UO Pumpkin Carving Contest

Starting today, you may post pictures of your real life Uo-themed jack-o-lanterns. On the 31st all entrants will be judged and the winner will recieve a goody bag.

Lets see what you got!

If you need picture hosting this site works well for me:
ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe in light of recent events, we need clarification (some examples) of what you are looking for as entries...
not pics, just a list of acceptable subjects.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The only qualifications are that the pumpkin have a UO theme. Some of the removed entries were applicable, however they were taken down because a new entry is being worked on.

If your pumpkin may need an explanation on how it applies or relates to UO feel free to post a small description to go along with it.

This should be fun, and should definately not cause arguments.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok here are my entries... one with the light on so you can see that it is really a pumpkin :)

L

Lord Urza

Nice looking pumpkins! Damia you must have a yard full of em huh?

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish, that would be a lot cheaper, one of our local garden centers grow them, and they grow them big. They have a carnival atmosphere out there at the pumpkin patch, and a hay ride out to the pumpkin fields so you can pick your own. Maybe I'll take all these seeds and try to grow my own for next year :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have any left that aren't scooped out paint it, then leave it outside for the critters.... they'll cart those seeds everywhere and next year you'll have vines crawling all over the yard

trust me on this :hahaha:

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Congratulations to Lady Damia, by now it should be no surprise that her pumpkin has won the contest (thanks Dev for "scooping" me)

Everyone's pumpkins were great and I hope you all participate next year!

Damia I will be around today after 8pm EST. Meet up with me to claim your goody bag.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks I will probably still be out with the grandkids, I'm working a festival at church tonight, but will be on later tonight :)

I loved the pirate pumpkin...good job

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
For those interested this was the goody bag, maybe it will inspire people to participate.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you EM Helios it was frustrating and time consuming and detailed but well worth the effort.

I was just jumping on to say thanks and let everyone know what the prize was but as you guys saw it was simply awsome, all halloween based prizes and they were great. :)

thanks again