• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish96 is live at TC, the new screen looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now if only Broadsword would let me create them a customized status bar.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1024 x 768 will be as big as I go. I play in windowed mode and that size still gives me enough black area to put all my crap lol.

Very VERY nicely done team....way long overdue but I know it had to be difficult.

Thank you!
Based on some very quick playing around, I have to agree. The new sizes are pretty darn nice ... but I haven't messed with things like housing and hunting enough to find out how well my old eyeballs will deal with it. The fact I can change it just gets me all sorts of smiling!

Thank you, Devs!

EDIT: Set screen resolution to 1680x1050 which allows me to still read my desktop stuff. Game window at 1152x864 works really well for me.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I changed all my chars to 1152x864 and it feels like playing a new game. Fantastic!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do I get the option to make the window size larger mine is still the same know difference at all under options max is 1024x768 ?

okay so i found the higher res options but clicking the 1025x768 made it bigger but the 1152x864 and 1280x720 nothing happens

i have a 26" led monitor set at 1920x1200

anyone know why the lager 2 sizes will not work ?

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an amazing update that is VERY VERY LONG overdue, shame it took this long.

Anyone crashing; clear your characters caches and reload with new resolutions and rebuild your screen setups etc. Worked for me.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! It comes late, but at least - it came!

:danceb:

I just LOVE the new size! I cannot imagine going back to 800x600.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do I get the option to make the window size larger mine is still the same know difference at all under options max is 1024x768 ?

okay so i found the higher res options but clicking the 1025x768 made it bigger but the 1152x864 and 1280x720 nothing happens

What did you all break this time?!?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep it'd be nice to have that info. I have no clue, I've tried editing the cfg file after I couldn't find but the same ol three options we've always had in CC. I've looked through all the patch stuff but it's mostly people crying about Doom and not much (if anything) about why the hell I can't enlarge my gameplay window. Yeeeah baby! I wish I could find a way to make the friggin snow go away using cfg file! =P I haven't logged in but 4-5 times since they added it. QQ

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
under options max is 1024x768
Yep it'd be nice to have that info. I have no clue
If you two really don't see the new resolutions in the options dialog, that can only mean, that your client hasn't been patched...
I'd check that first.
On a side note, if it isn't patched, editing the CFG won't have an effect as well.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make the screen bigger would also be nice. Being able to set it between 100% and 130% zoom, for example.
You can do that in Windows 8 and higher. (If you don't mind resetting it back to it's previous value once you finsihed your UO session).
I highly doubt, that they'll implement this as a feature. (That's what the EC is for).
The only thing I could imagine, that they might add to the CC might be a multiplier, i.e. 2x the size or 3x the size (seems a tad easier to implement). But seamless? Nope...

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a full file check and it fixed the issue. Thanks for the thoughts and input Thrakkar :)

It doesn't need to be seamless. 1.2 and 1.3 is fine, or whatever.The point is just to be able to enlarge the the entire game window, not just change the resolution.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried posting about this in Reddit, hoping to entice a few returners, but all I got were people complaining about cc framerate. Never seen that mentioned on here. Claim is fps is capped at around 14 to 15. I wouldn't know, my technical knowledge doesn't extend that far.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It is. I thought it was capped at 12. But I could be mistaken. This is what allows EC to run faster and smoother. Really stupid if you ask me

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is. I thought it was capped at 12. But I could be mistaken. This is what allows EC to run faster and smoother. Really stupid if you ask me
It just doesn't softscroll pixel by pixel. It jumps a few pixels.
If a tile is i.e. 32x32 pixels and instead of having to redraw the game 32 times, when moving they i.e. just redrew it 4 times making an 8 pixel jump every time. That's why it is choppy. That's not stupid. That made a difference 20 years ago on those old Pentium and what not CPUs.
Regardless of how much all those "graphics fetishists" b*t*h about the EC, it is a moden client, and thus it has softscrolling.

That the EC runs faster is bullcrap.
Pick a path, where you can run a straight line for about roughly 30 secs. Ride along that path so everything can load in. Ideally there are no player houses on that path. Remember your start tile and your end tile. Then pick a stopwatch and run that path from start to end. Measure the duration. Do that roughly 10 times, that should give you a nice average.
Do it 10 times with the EC and 10 times with the CC. Depending on how precise you did it, the should be off at max a quarter second, which is nothing for a distance, which roughly takes 30 secs to run.
So if there really is a difference in run speed, it is completely and absolutely negligible.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It just doesn't softscroll pixel by pixel. It jumps a few pixels.
If a tile is i.e. 32x32 pixels and instead of having to redraw the game 32 times, when moving they i.e. just redrew it 4 times making an 8 pixel jump every time. That's why it is choppy. That's not stupid. That made a difference 20 years ago on those old Pentium and what not CPUs.
Regardless of how much all those "graphics fetishists" b*t*h about the EC, it is a moden client, and thus it has softscrolling.

That the EC runs faster is bullcrap.
Pick a path, where you can run a straight line for about roughly 30 secs. Ride along that path so everything can load in. Ideally there are no player houses on that path. Remember your start tile and your end tile. Then pick a stopwatch and run that path from start to end. Measure the duration. Do that roughly 10 times, that should give you a nice average.
Do it 10 times with the EC and 10 times with the CC. Depending on how precise you did it, the should be off at max a quarter second, which is nothing for a distance, which roughly takes 30 secs to run.
So if there really is a difference in run speed, it is completely and absolutely negligible.
I'm not about to derail this thread and turn it into another cc vs ec. Since you seem to be misinformed, email messanna. She will confirm that the EC runs faster than the CC