• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 98

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 98 – Ultima Online

I am uber excited to have a Halloween Hunt that I can sink my teeth into. Just can't wait to start playing in this new adventure! Glad that you gave the trophies some love. Nice add in where the color matches the catch! So far I'm looking forward to see what your time and effort has produced for us, for that I thank you.

Of course I do have an opinion on the Anniversary rewards. What's the point of me staying with you all these years collecting all your treasures that you offer us to celebrate the anniversary with you, if your just going to hand them out to just anybody? My deeds/items just keep going down in and price and just making me feel oh so special about growing with you. Not that they were worth all that much to begin with but its the point - I was here when. Now it's just like a kid in school who just basically gets a participation reward even if you didn't participate just so the other kid won't be sad and feel left out... Well that kid can earn the gold, find a friend or buy it from your store if they want it that bad....

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed on that one but that's basically how I feel about it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a bit late to be going down this road, considering they removed the main perk of being a longtime player years ago. Which was when they removed account age restrictions from using veteran rewards.

Now that a one year account and twenty year account are treated the same for veteran rewards, other than shard shields and titles, it opened the door to old items being released second and third times like this.

Fire Warrior

Adventurer
It's a bit late to be going down this road, considering they removed the main perk of being a longtime player years ago. Which was when they removed account age restrictions from using veteran rewards.

Now that a one year account and twenty year account are treated the same for veteran rewards, other than shard shields and titles, it opened the door to old items being released second and third times like this.

Can old veteran rewards such as mounts ? (ethies) be used by anyone now? My account is like a few months old. According to information I see, they can't be but you are saying they are usable by anyone??? Not too interested in 'investing' in them if I can't use them. Sounds like you are saying that it no longer matters. This is a totally selfish question but since you mentioned it I thought I'd be an opportunist and attempt to confirm that little detail :pirate: . Thanks in advance.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can old veteran rewards such as mounts ? (ethies) be used by anyone now? My account is like a few months old. According to information I see, they can't be but you are saying they are usable by anyone??? Not too interested in 'investing' in them if I can't use them. Sounds like you are saying that it no longer matters. This is a totally selfish question but since you mentioned it I thought I'd be an opportunist and attempt to confirm that little detail :pirate: . Thanks in advance.
Yes, all veteran rewards except shard shields can be used by any account of any age. A one day old account is able to use a 15th year ethereal tiger for example.