• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

publish 98 and slot jumped pets

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so I had a couple of really good pets (frost mites and lesser hiryus) that slot jumped during training and I kept them in the stables hoping they would revert with publish 98. Mine didn't...they still have are one slot above what they should be.

I would have copied to TC1 to test this but alas I play on Siege Perilous and we don't get to copy to TC1.

Did anyone's slot jumped pets get their 1501 training points back? Or should I just release them and hunt for new pets?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, pets who slot jumped before patch were not reverted and refunded their 1501 points. I wrote a post about this previously. From how they went about their fix of exploited animals, it's clear that they do not keep the previous stats of animals. So it would be near impossible to tell animals who slot jumped, because if they slot jumped it meant their stats were naturally very high.

What the patch did was to have the slot check happen only when being tamed, not continually.

However, from tests on TC1, it appears the exploit/revert script is always running. So exceptional tames that hit the exploit threshhold could still revert down in stable slots and have their base stats randomized.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So to confirm, do pet slots still go up without the pet going up a training level? I have a bonding potion I want to use, but it's on a pet that previously would jump slots before leveling up the first training level.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
In my humble opinion pet bonding option : Would not use it yet. Wait for the dust to settle. Frankly I would sell the potion and get several power scrolls. Unless you have tons of these and you are very wealthy. If I had one thats what I would do.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So to confirm, do pet slots still go up without the pet going up a training level? I have a bonding potion I want to use, but it's on a pet that previously would jump slots before leveling up the first training level.
Pets do not go up a level without using training points once tamed.

The issue that might not have been completely resolved was: once trained exceptional pets (including some legacys) were reverting to random stats (scrolls were still applied) and dropping to the average taming control slot for that animal (Nightmare to 3, dragon to 4).

However after patch, the only instance I have heard of this was Prince Erik. So it might be really rare now.

What pet are you looking to bond?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my Bane Dragons did not change to 3 slot, my other one did, why? Is it because I had hit the start training button but never did any training on him? He's still 0.00 progress, if he stayed because of that, this is not fair on a pet that is not even obtainable now.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The issue that might not have been completely resolved was: once trained exceptional pets (including some legacys) were reverting to random stats (scrolls were still applied) and dropping to the average taming control slot for that animal (Nightmare to 3, dragon to 4).

However after patch, the only instance I have heard of this was Prince Erik. So it might be really rare now.

Dire wolf.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yup, I think I'm an outlier, just my luck! I'm keeping the pet as a remembrance, I think, and who knows maybe at a meet and greet I can proudly show off my Nerf Mare... hmmm... I think I just found his new name!!

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have many i say many cus untrained with 4 slots blue beetle with 3 slots and alot of untained and unworked lesser hirus at 3slots there fix didnt work for all the ones i took to test corrected the others that i didnt didnt make the cut. Apperantly they need to go back to the drawing board and correct there mistakes.
Yes i will lable them all nerfed and will show up at meet and greets let everyone see.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One of my Bane Dragons did not change to 3 slot, my other one did, why? Is it because I had hit the start training button but never did any training on him? He's still 0.00 progress, if he stayed because of that, this is not fair on a pet that is not even obtainable now.
That is correct. Unfortunately on a lot of pets Pre-Pub 98, if you hit train on them they immediately jumped up a slot due to their exceptional base stats. The patch fixed the slot jumping, but they did not re-slot any pets that jumped prior to the patch (even if you have 0% trained on it), which sucks for people in your position.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just click the training button on my pre pub 98 CU, it is still 3 slots. I think you need to tame a 3 slot version.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct. Unfortunately on a lot of pets Pre-Pub 98, if you hit train on them they immediately jumped up a slot due to their exceptional base stats. The patch fixed the slot jumping, but they did not re-slot any pets that jumped prior to the patch (even if you have 0% trained on it), which sucks for people in your position.
This is not slot jumping, this is a change to the amount of slots. Dreadmares and Bane Dragons were 4 slot and after Pub98 were supposed to go to 3 slots but evidently if you even looked at the training you are screwed. I'm lucky I still have some that are 3slot but some folks lost all theirs.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is not slot jumping, this is a change to the amount of slots. Dreadmares and Bane Dragons were 4 slot and after Pub98 were supposed to go to 3 slots but evidently if you even looked at the training you are screwed. I'm lucky I still have some that are 3slot but some folks lost all theirs.
It is slot jumping. If you took a non-trained Bane Dragon out of the stables pre-98, it took up 3 control slots, but the lore page said 4>5. This was actually the case with a lot of pets, particularly the ones that slot jumped. Since you started training on your Bane dragon, it slot jumped to 4. Your post-98 bane didn't drop in control slots to 3, the bug on the lore page is simply fixed.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is slot jumping. If you took a non-trained Bane Dragon out of the stables pre-98, it took up 3 control slots, but the lore page said 4>5. This was actually the case with a lot of pets, particularly the ones that slot jumped. Since you started training on your Bane dragon, it slot jumped to 4. Your post-98 bane didn't drop in control slots to 3, the bug on the lore page is simply fixed.
All Bane Dragons and all dread mares were changed on TC1 with the new publish from 4's to 3's. Has nothing to do with jumping. I trained the same Bane Dragon on Test Center from 3-4 and from 4-5 without any problem.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are mistaken, all my (4) Bane Dragons and Dread Mares were 4 slotters before Pub98, that's why I left them, they were useless to train only one slot. Did you not hear that I trained the same
one on TC from 3-4 and 4-5?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just click the training button on my pre pub 98 CU, it is still 3 slots. I think you need to tame a 3 slot version.
The untouched pre 97s are the ones that are 4 slot. All wild Cus are 3 slot.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are mistaken, all my (4) Bane Dragons and Dread Mares were 4 slotters before Pub98, that's why I left them, they were useless to train only one slot. Did you not hear that I trained the same
one on TC from 3-4 and 4-5?

You are mistaken. Let me try to explain it.

After patch 97, legacy pets (those tamed before patch 97) remained the slots they were even if their wild or newly tamed counterparts were now a slot higher. However, their lore window said they were the control slots of what they would be if they were wild and fresh tamed with those stats. They would remain the stable slots they were unless you attempted to initiate the training process. At that time you would get a gump saying initiating the training process would update their control slot requirements and would increase by one. Only selecting ok at this point was the animal's control slot adjust.

Examples: This is all AFTER 97.

Legacy White Wyrm with 460 hits and 750 str was three control slots. Lore window said 4 =>5, only after "begin animal training" and selecting the gump that said it would update the control slots before initiating the training process would it increase to 4 control slots. A post 97 tamed white wyrm with 460 hits and 750 str would be four control slots wild.

Legacy Predator Hellcat with with 130 hits and 170 str was one control slot, I could control my pride of 5 hellcats even though their lore window said 2 =>3, only after "beginning animal training" and selecting the okay to the update control slots gump would it turn to 2 control slots.

Legacy Nightmare with 315 hits and 515 str was two control slots. Lore window said 3=>5, only after "begin animal training" and selecting ok to the gump stating ... would it increase to 3.

Dreadmare with 620 hits and 530 str was 3 control slots. Only after "beginning animal training" and selecting the gump to update the control slots would it turn into 4 control slots. Dreadmares have the stat allocation to fall into the 4 slot animal pool which is why they wanted updating.

What this patch did was not revert Banes and Dreadmares from 4 to 3, they were never 4 unless you clicked Begin Animal Training and yes to the gump stating control slots would be updated. It allowed them to be trained at their current/legacy slot level without... a slot jump before training began. This was considered part of the slot jump bug.

Yes, if you pressed that little training button before patch 98 your pets slot updated and there is nothing that can be done. This goes for all legacy pets whose wild counterparts are a slot above them. I made this mistake day 1 without reading the gump carefully on my legacy rare pred hellcat, he's now a forever 2 with stats equal to my legacy 1's, even though his brethren can now train successfully from 1=>3.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are mistaken. Let me try to explain it.

After patch 97, legacy pets (those tamed before patch 97) remained the slots they were even if their wild or newly tamed counterparts were now a slot higher. However, their lore window said they were the control slots of what they would be if they were wild and fresh tamed with those stats. They would remain the stable slots they were unless you attempted to initiate the training process. At that time you would get a gump saying initiating the training process would update their control slot requirements and would increase by one. Only selecting ok at this point was the animal's control slot adjust.

Examples: This is all AFTER 97.

Legacy White Wyrm with 460 hits and 750 str was three control slots. Lore window said 4 =>5, only after "begin animal training" and selecting the gump that said it would update the control slots before initiating the training process would it increase to 4 control slots. A post 97 tamed white wyrm with 460 hits and 750 str would be four control slots wild.

Legacy Predator Hellcat with with 130 hits and 170 str was one control slot, I could control my pride of 5 hellcats even though their lore window said 2 =>3, only after "beginning animal training" and selecting the okay to the update control slots gump would it turn to 2 control slots.

Legacy Nightmare with 315 hits and 515 str was two control slots. Lore window said 3=>5, only after "begin animal training" and selecting ok to the gump stating ... would it increase to 3.

Dreadmare with 620 hits and 530 str was 3 control slots. Only after "beginning animal training" and selecting the gump to update the control slots would it turn into 4 control slots. Dreadmares have the stat allocation to fall into the 4 slot animal pool which is why they wanted updating.

What this patch did was not revert Banes and Dreadmares from 4 to 3, they were never 4 unless you clicked Begin Animal Training and yes to the gump stating control slots would be updated. It allowed them to be trained at their current/legacy slot level without... a slot jump before training began. This was considered part of the slot jump bug.

Yes, if you pressed that little training button before patch 98 your pets slot updated and there is nothing that can be done. This goes for all legacy pets whose wild counterparts are a slot above them. I made this mistake day 1 without reading the gump carefully on my legacy rare pred hellcat, he's now a forever 2 with stats equal to my legacy 1's, even though his brethren can now train successfully from 1=>3.
Nice long explanation and I'm sure you believe it, however it's not how it was for me. My pets (2 Banes, 2 Dreads) were 4 slots before all this change, you can say anything you want, I am not stupid, I can read - they WERE NOT level 3 at anytime in their existence with me until the publish. I have carefully recorded every pet I have and have progress sheets for every pet I own with each level training recorded from start to finish. I have had these 2 Banes and 2 Dreadmares since they were introduced into the game. 3 of them, 2 Dreads and the other Bane I did not mess with, I left them BECAUSE they were level 4 and seemed to be worthless to train so I did nothing with them. All 3 of them, when this publish hit, became level 3 pets. I took the Bane to test center when it became a level 3 and trained it to see what it would look like with 2 tiers of training. His original is on Test Center and has been trained from level 3-4 to level 4-5.

Yes, I assume this one became a 4 on my home shard because I hit the training button before this all took place, the other 3 pets I didn't and they are all level 3's now. I don't know how I can prove it except that Bane that now is a 4 without any training except hitting the train button, training progress 0.00%, is here on my shard and his duplicate is on TC1 trained from level 3-4 and level 4-5.

Oh and I about forgot this. I paged a GM yesterday about this and got an email back today saying this: "We are aware of issues pertaining to this and are working on a solution. At this time we cannot offer any estimated time for a fix and ask that you bear with us."

Now I'm done, you will have the last word, I know what I had, I know what I did, I know what it is now, please don't insinuate that I am a liar or that I am hallucinating. Let's just drop it and go about our separate ways.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice long explanation and I'm sure you believe it, however it's not how it was for me. My pets (2 Banes, 2 Dreads) were 4 slots before all this change, you can say anything you want, I am not stupid, I can read - they WERE NOT level 3 at anytime in their existence with me until the publish. I have carefully recorded every pet I have and have progress sheets for every pet I own with each level training recorded from start to finish. I have had these 2 Banes and 2 Dreadmares since they were introduced into the game. 3 of them, 2 Dreads and the other Bane I did not mess with, I left them BECAUSE they were level 4 and seemed to be worthless to train so I did nothing with them. All 3 of them, when this publish hit, became level 3 pets. I took the Bane to test center when it became a level 3 and trained it to see what it would look like with 2 tiers of training. His original is on Test Center and has been trained from level 3-4 to level 4-5.

Yes, I assume this one became a 4 on my home shard because I hit the training button before this all took place, the other 3 pets I didn't and they are all level 3's now. I don't know how I can prove it except that Bane that now is a 4 without any training except hitting the train button, training progress 0.00%, is here on my shard and his duplicate is on TC1 trained from level 3-4 and level 4-5.

Now I'm done, you will have the last word, I know what I had, I know what I did, I know what it is now, please don't insinuate that I am a liar or that I am hallucinating again. Let's just drop it and go about our separate ways.
Yes because you hit the train button early that pet is SoL at 4 slots. NO idea if releasing it and retaming it will help or not... but it might??

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice long explanation and I'm sure you believe it, ....

Oh and I about forgot this. I paged a GM yesterday about this and got an email back today saying this: "We are aware of issues pertaining to this and are working on a solution. At this time we cannot offer any estimated time for a fix and ask that you bear with us."

Now I'm done, you will have the last word, I know what I had, I know what I did, I know what it is now, please don't insinuate that I am a liar or that I am hallucinating. Let's just drop it and go about our separate ways.
Wow. Obviously you did not read my post or didn't understand it. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying you are misunderstanding the mechanic. But you being condescending is funny when I'm trying to help you understand the actual mechanic.

Pressing the "begin animal training" button, then the follow up gump, a gump that immediately came up after that , saying to begin animal training the control slots would be updated, this is what caused your Bane Dragon to go 4 slots. And that there was part of the pet slot jump bug, it jump without any actual training. I dont know how to explain it any better. Btw that gump only shows up once, if you cancel it and go to train again, it would not appear again, from my experience. So the second time you select "begin animal training", if you canceled originally it would immediately start the process.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged onto my account yesterday to check the stats on my Dread and saw that it is a 4 slot pet. I am not sure what it was before all these taming changes over the last few months but he is a 4 slot pet now and I have never touched him. That's my 2 cents and that's about all its worth.