• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 92 Testing

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you mean the fourth level OP Curse spell is to long? A fourth level spell that can demolish my stats and resist for minutes. I can eat a apply and they can recurse me over and over, is this the fourth level spell you are speaking of?
I recently saw a post about curse being overpowered and then I read this one.

I had never prior to this thought of curse as being overpowered.

What is it, 4% to stats and 10 resists starting from fire down?

Since the spell can be negated whether it's with apples it chiv etc, it's hard to think of it as overpowered according to damage output, casting delay, and being interruptable along with subsequent spells.

But perhaps you were being facetious...

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the meantime, the way I worked it out was to recall to each of the towns in turn. The active one is the one you can't recall to.
Towns have a 5 minute break between battles. So someone could be recalling in and out and never have that problem.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Since the spell can be negated whether it's with apples it chiv etc, it's hard to think of it as overpowered according to damage output, casting delay, and being interruptable along with subsequent spells.

Lets hope thats the case. Or perhaps just someone who is really bad at pvp and doesn't understand that anything else would be unbalanced.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

With 120 mage/eval against 120 resist (cast on myself), Curse is a -8% penalty to stats, along with the -10 in all elemental resists. Pre-curse, my stats were 130/58/122 (with 140 HP/150 mana), which went to 120/55/115 with 135 HP/143 mana.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
With 120 mage/eval against 120 resist (cast on myself), Curse is a -8% penalty to stats, along with the -10 in all elemental resists. Pre-curse, my stats were 130/58/122 (with 140 HP/150 mana), which went to 120/55/115 with 135 HP/143 mana.
Thanks for clarifying that, I was going from memory which is faulty at best.

Even in this scenario the debuff seems pretty minor.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
I've already given the times for the bandages) so you're telling me all you have to do is chug through chain mortals?

Good one. :rolleyes:
I was speaking in the case of a flat timer, where you couldn't stack mortals (like Leet proposed).

I'm telling you you have to either A) hold on to your heal pots and apply right after the initial mortal runs out, that'll help you survive through a second mortal if you're hit

or B) you get good at timing your bandages and begin applying while the mortal is still on and you'll finish applying when the mortal runs out

the assumption that you'll only start applying bandages after the mortal runs off, and so it takes a whole 11 seconds is thus wrong.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was speaking in the case of a flat timer, where you couldn't stack mortals (like Leet proposed).

I'm telling you you have to either A) hold on to your heal pots and apply right after the initial mortal runs out, that'll help you survive through a second mortal if you're hit

or B) you get good at timing your bandages and begin applying while the mortal is still on and you'll finish applying when the mortal runs out

the assumption that you'll only start applying bandages after the mortal runs off, and so it takes a whole 11 seconds is thus wrong.
You can only apply a bandage if you're bleeding, splintered, or poisoned While mortal struck.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I thought I explained this better but let me take another stab at it.

If you're applying a bandage right after the first mortal it takes a minimum of 4-5 seconds to apply (feel free to correct me on the time).

So if they're chaining mortal they're applying it within that same window.

The bandage doesn't finish the heal, it resets the mortal timer to 3 seconds and then you have another 4-5 second wait before it successfully applied.

However, if they went to a static time delay and spaced it correctly, then yes you could probably heal and chug through it.

As it stands now, this is inaccurate.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Test mass curse, and does buff does show up in fel, but does not lower resists like curse does.

Fey slayer is on the imbuing menu, and can be imbued to a weapon. Only thing missing is listing fey wings as an ingredient under the imbuing menu when selecting fey slayer
Yay! Those fey wings I've been saving forever now finally have a use. Glad I have tons.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix Hey fellas, any projected date for when test center will be updated?
It was just updated.

@Kyronix @Bleak Any update to the situation with mortal attack? An apple on a 30-45 second timer (even as it is now on the live game, 30s) is unacceptable for allowing counterplay to mortal. I hope a solution for this is reached prior to pub 92 being pushed to mainshards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It was just updated.

@Kyronix @Bleak Any update to the situation with mortal attack? An apple on a 30-45 second timer (even as it is now on the live game, 30s) is unacceptable for allowing counterplay to mortal. I hope a solution for this is reached prior to pub 92 being pushed to mainshards.
Yeah I saw, thanks for the heads up though.

You can't balance mortal with apples.

The special itself needs to be reworked since it only lasts 6
Seconds max and can be chained.

Probably the simplest solution is to add a static delay to mortal.