• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 53 turn-in discussion

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old charged items should be on the list.
Practice weapons should be on the list.
Moonstones should be on the list.
Get ride of a bunch of these things.

Otherwise, just add everything. heck, I have a couple hundred pieces of runic armor I'm holding onto because it isn't good enough to sell or use but I spent good money on the kit. I want to get rid of those, so add them to the list.
LOL. I'm of the opinion that players seldom know what's good for themselves. Even when they think they know, once they got it they would realize it was ultimately disasterous. Decisions like this need to be made from some kind of design guideline or principle. It's why this game is such a mish mash mess right now. Get enough people to make a fuss and they'll add cars to the game and use some time travel instance from one of the Ultima games to justify it.
/QUOTE]

Back attcha.;)

C

Calla Lily

I just wish that if the MiB's, SOS's and treasure maps are going to be made obsolete in the near future that they TELL us, so that we can either use them or turn them in BEFORE they're made obsolete. As someone else posted, I would hate to find out a couple of months down the road that I should have turned in all my items, but didn't, because they've become useless.

A

Azureal

LOL. I'm of the opinion that players seldom know what's good for themselves. Even when they think they know, once they got it they would realize it was ultimately disasterous. Decisions like this need to be made from some kind of design guideline or principle. It's why this game is such a mish mash mess right now. Get enough people to make a fuss and they'll add cars to the game and use some time travel instance from one of the Ultima games to justify it.

If I were a dev, I'd be putting a full time job's worth of thought into this game and would have definite reasons for everything I added and like hell would a couple dozen message board posters be making decisions for me. :)
Right. So your statement basically says you have no idea what youre talking about, but you still expect us to listen? Pfft.

..If I were a dev...blah blah blah. You aint.

P

ParadoxUO

Thank you DEVS!!!

Just read this... I'll have my houses TIDY!

CYA on Pub 53!!! SOON!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way this unfolds I too agree the Devs are cleaning up the game- but rebalancing? I wouldn't know about that.

What balance has to do with turning in Doom Artifacts? By now everyone and all their characters are head-to-toe covered in rarities and barbed kit products. If that's their master plan however then they are just going to alienate the newcomers even more, supposing said artifacts and items will indeed become rarer after the turn-in.

I believe there will be a Level 3 turn-in though it had better feature something actually useful, other than decorations.

P

Prince Caspian

I hope the items that still generate (Maps, Nets, etc) give a pittance. The whole point of this campaign is to clear out the old items EA is not planning to use again.

D

Deb

"This is a game about killing other players or monsters. It is THE focus of the game."

UO is far more than killing...it is also about crafting, cooking, gardening
decoing our
virtual homes...etc

I bet there are alot of people who play UO just for the customizing
and decoing of our houses instead of the typical hack and slash games
that are out there. So, yes deco items as rewards are awesome...no
unbalance there. And, who knows maybe there will be something included
for the pvpers and pvmers, we don't know yet.

T

timbeOFbaja

/QUOTE]

Back attcha.;)
Ya, I really didn't see that one coming. rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is I'm a casual player so I'm a fair bit more detached from the game than those of you who, say, have maxed out the lockdowns of their 18x18. I am also a developer; not of video games, but similar principles apply.

E

EwanBlackmane

Finally got an account. Dunno what happened to my last one hehe!

Anyway... could we please have somewhere we can turn in stuff like minerva wands and all those anniversary cakes. I hate to think what my house smells like!

:please:

L

Lariat

what is a primitive fetish anyway?
That's when you're REALLY into dressing like a caveman for... recreational purposes.

As for a pvp reward, what about a robe that changes color based on the number of murder counts you've received in the past 24 (48? 72?) hours? It could start out white at 0, and get darker and darker red with the blood of your victims. I'd dump all my points into these!

Speaking of PvP and this turn in, who do I give all my powerscrolls to? I can't find the right NPC and my Horde Minion is getting a little tired from lugging a bag full of scrolls all over Britannia.

Spartacus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if this has been answered already (have been away for awhile) but are all of these turn-in events permanent (hoping), or for a limited time only? Thanks.

R

Repo

Limited time. Not sure how long it'll last, but its not forever.

A

AZ-

As for a pvp reward, what about a robe that changes color based on the number of murder counts you've received in the past 24 (48? 72?) hours? It could start out white at 0, and get darker and darker red with the blood of your victims. I'd dump all my points into these!
Possibly one of the best ideas I've heard on these boards in a while. :thumbup1:

A

Azureal

Possibly one of the best ideas I've heard on these boards in a while. :thumbup1:
Probably WAY to hard to code, but even better would be, at full count, with the cloak at its absolute "reddest" it could trail little pools of blood behind it.

M

Mythic

You know, my favorite thing that the Spring cleanup will do is help free sosaria of a lot of clutter making the game perform slightly better :)