• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 112 Castle Contest (Top 20) voting ends Friday 1:45pm ET

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wonderful! My Traditional Castle Revamped made the cut! Surprised and very pleased. Hopefully, it'll make it thru but not going to get my hopes up too much but I'd very much like it to win.
Simple design... customizable with your own finishes. Add some doors if you want security and privacy, or put in arches, or just leave it open... includes teleporters to all levels and many hidden doors.

Good luck everyone! Some really amazing designs and surprised some didn't make the cut.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for me, my top three are 6, 8, and 15 those I could see maybe using
I like others better but they wouldn't work for me

really really good work on most these !

My number one pick is #6 I could see using that for my Thief/ Pirate hideout...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think all of these have potential to create a livable Castle. Gonna be a tough to narrow these down to the final few that make it.

Great designs everyone!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some nice designs there, I always prefer a castle that is more traditional but easier to live in and decorate, not really a fan of the 'mini-village' type designs, they are well made but just not for me. The Traditional Castle Remastered would likely be my first choice in that list, I like that grey stone the best. Grats to all who made the top 20.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes
Not a fan of the chopped up little rooms , especially not the open court yard right in the middle of the plot

Alot of the new deco items are TOO BIG to fit into some of these designs. Give me some wide open spaces .

I don't see anything here that I would change my current house to :confused: so Congrats to whoever wins

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit that this contest has been glorious so far! The fits, the name calling, the vote counting, the vote recounting, the dragon invasion of the stone. devs sightings galore, the new amazingly clever designs (demons, demons), the fact that a glacial pet air will not create hue#1100, so rat out the owner fast as you can! So much and it is not over!

The not so glorious part is and probably always will be, is that many great designs got pushed out by a tv show character and a tantrum thrower. Long live UO! :)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's my "Top 5" within this list, added by entry number

- #6 Heorot by Is'Madin
- #12 Dixie-Land by Dixie
- #14 The Scratching Post by Princess
- #15 Rosewood Manor by Rosewood
- #20 Homewood by Salem

I'm deeply saddened that my favorite castle out the 200 entries didn't make atleast the top 20 (Town Square by Gargio Armani)... while it might not have been everyones favorite i'm seeing a few that made the cut above that I would have in my bottom 20 of the 200. I seriously hope the Dev's will be watching this final very closely as with the EJ accounts being able to vote at first there's also some with 100's of dummy accounts using cheap gametime codes to push their designs through, it's pretty obvious which i'm referring to as well

@Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree with #6. It is clean, balanced and fun!. No unlined up windows, no roof tiles as plants on the floor, no walls in the room centers. I hope it gets in.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sigh* that so hard to read something right *G* .... if someone make it wrong first than everybody have to follow ;)

the design's name is H e o r o t , and the builder Is'Madin

1643213479414.png

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m thinking they could make a lot of players happy by just spending a little extra time and adding every eligible design. If someone went to the trouble of building a legit house (sorry empty plot people) then in all likelihood at least 1 person might use it. Good enough for me and everyone who put in the effort gets a chance at using their design.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, I liked Heorot... just it isn't for me. I require a castle.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Top 3 for me would be 5/10/17 and would LOVE it if someone would sell me a Castle on Great Lakes so I could place #10 :)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I cannot help but wonder how many more votes Heorot would get if people realized what it is:
Wiki page on the subject of Heorot
and
Blogpost on Heorot and Meduseld
The idea behind this splendid design is downright impressive!
Having a long house is nice and all, just not what alot of people are wanting. The reason so many empty plots go in is because people want some way of customizing one.

To many of the designs were to finished for that(mine included) hqving more custom tiles would help.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1643259682016.png
I went back to check out the designs again.
And when I went to # 10
it threw me on top of the waterfall.
I didn't realize you could use it as a "dunk tank"
(you can walk off both waterfalls: east & south)

you can walk around down below in the "water" area
which explains why she used the faux water on the roof
(also note, that the teleporter in the picture is hidden to the left of me)

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Cinderella

That it happens to you for this reason I was very aware. It also had to go quickly, since tomorrow is already election end and you have posted it again alone of your own free will here - which is again highly creditable to you. Therefore, the twister was tolerable for me for the time being. And this stupid little "o" at Heorot is so easy to overlook :)
Perhaps I should have noted that right away, so that you could quickly correct it. Sorry - was my mistake, I take it on my head :) Pawain has also shot here immediately with screenies of the election board behind, where it was then also correct.
In this respect all good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can not deny, however, that I would like to have, if intelligent people read here in the forum, that they can and should invest some time here. If you give the child such a name, you have thought of something, and Berta also does not want to be constantly made Bert *G* - not even by Ernie ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Favorite is still my own design #18.. still hoping it wins... but not holding my breath... It's simple, customizable, still a castle... and will work.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite is #8, it is amazing! I can be Queen of the Sewer Rats or the Dragons in this elegant, well made. beautiful LARGE castle. I can have waterfalls, I can have garden sheds , I can invite the neighbors in for tea , the whole town. Indeed. This castle has no limits to my imagination. I can be poor and work in the kitchen...

I can add what I want. When a design works, as this does, you improve on it as the builder did. Just go see it. I also like #6. For looking at. So well done.

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me flow and movement inside the castle is important.
I like #3 design (Castle Rawk by Bruja) since it have lot of potential and secret door to move. easy to use the stair and teleport between floor.. Color is not to hard on the eye. Room are big enough to accommadate your idea.
#8 design ( Robin's Oasis by Robin) have a few upgrade that are nice. bigger entrance. more external door. Color a bit bright, but can get use too. I do the first design as my main house. never like where the teleport were locate. and flow between floor not easier.

Was nice to see some original concept. Their weren't my style, but I did enjoy viewing them.