• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Service Announcement

SouthPaw

Lore Master
The crazed mage is NOT for skill training!

Last few days I've seen multiple people on Pacific skill training 5 slot pets on crazed mage.

You're doing it wrong!

If you need magic resist and/or parry go to spellbinders.
If you need anything else go dig up a shadow ore ele.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The crazed mage is NOT for skill training!

Last few days I've seen multiple people on Pacific skill training 5 slot pets on crazed mage.

You're doing it wrong!

If you need magic resist and/or parry go to spellbinders.
If you need anything else go dig up a shadow ore ele.
We see this too and it perplexes us. We try to offer suggestions as to where they could go to train, but they usually just ignore us.

Sometimes they are just trying to kill the mage to have a new one spawn, but those people will usually say that's what they are doing.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
We see this too and it perplexes us. We try to offer suggestions as to where they could go to train, but they usually just ignore us.

Sometimes they are just trying to kill the mage to have a new one spawn, but those people will usually say that's what they are doing.
The people I saw were definitely not trying to kill the mage. They also ignored me when I suggested more appropriate places to skill train. So annoying.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awhile back on Atlantic, I saw this happen as well. Only difference was, I was not ignored, I was told I don’t know what I’m talking about. That the spellbinder “trick” “only” works for player characters not pets. There were others there saying the same thing I said and were told the same thing. Eventually they went “to do something else”.
Give it a little time, it’ll pass. Just a phase. At least that is what I’m hoping, as I still have pets waiting their turn at being trained.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ask them what % they are on and give them the time it takes to level at the pet slot. When they don't Answer or are still there.
They leave pretty quick when a couple of vortexes happen to follow Allen around and he invises next to them.
Allen is an ass.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If I go through a set where Ive been the only one training for hours and someone comes along I’ll let someone come in and I’ll let them have their turn. But if they start doing this or being “insert foul language” then bring my tamer archer and thrower out to play and sit there spamming ARmor ignores until they listen. Usually works after I take down 2 mages in 10 min (only takes this long because of respawn time).

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awhile back on Atlantic, I saw this happen as well. Only difference was, I was not ignored, I was told I don’t know what I’m talking about. That the spellbinder “trick” “only” works for player characters not pets. There were others there saying the same thing I said and were told the same thing. Eventually they went “to do something else”.
Give it a little time, it’ll pass. Just a phase. At least that is what I’m hoping, as I still have pets waiting their turn at being trained.
Was this a character who might rain on your parade? I know of a player on Atlantic who does this and when people suggested she go somewhere else she doubled down with staying at the mage. She is also possibly the worst tamer I have seen on Atlantic.

If you have a lot of pets need to be trained, pirates work very well. Its one of our guilds prefered methods and you dont have to worry much about others.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Was this a character who might rain on your parade? I know of a player on Atlantic who does this and when people suggested she go somewhere else she doubled down with staying at the mage. She is also possibly the worst tamer I have seen on Atlantic.

If you have a lot of pets need to be trained, pirates work very well. Its one of our guilds prefered methods and you dont have to worry much about others.
The one you might thinking of, is super rude. I’ve seen that one invis pets to get the mage on their pet. Or worse, drag an unbound or the burning mage over. Then claim it was an “accident”.

The ones I’m thinking of are part of the same guild (I won’t name the guild here) but that guild really gives tamers a bad name. On a bright note, I haven’t seen anyone from that guild for awhile now. Maybe the guild blew up? I don’t know.

As for pet training, I’m short on scrolls (read, almost out of scrolls and low on gold). So I’m cruising with pet training now. I’ll train a pet, then fully skill the pet before I move to the next pet. I’m hoping that buys me time to get scrolls and gold.