• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Public PVM-Hunt at Thursday, March 17 - UPDATED, new Starting Time!

Public PVM-Hunt at Thursday, March 17 - UPDATED, new Starting Time!
Posted by Eärendil
Siege Dungeons
Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 10:00 PM
Until: Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/Amsterdam)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww, my mom and my grandmom suffer of the same issue... I can feel with you!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes I can now send you a PM :)

I still can't see your profile, but that may be how you want it :)
upload_2016-3-16_11-10-37.png

But when I click on your name I can start a conversation now, could not that before.
upload_2016-3-16_11-12-46.png

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everybody for a lovely deathrobe-party. Our event took about 2h and we were 8 people in sum from diverse guilds. We managed to kill the Stygian Dragon and Freja got a drop. I wish I had one too - the spellbook would have been nice. But nuttin... But I laughed alot, seeing so many deaths... Very funny. We had 3 sets of keys, but after the first run some left and the party was too small for a second run, so I donated the keys to some skilled PVM-hunters.

Afterwards we ran to Navrey´s Lair - a tough ride with some players who never had been there before. We needed two guides to help people get there and got some deathrobes until we reached our goal. We kicked some fat Spider´s ass and then we went home.

I had a lot of fun with you and I hope you will join again when I call for arms soon :)

And next time, it will be a weekend.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone know of a good map of that dungeon? I got lost and wound up OOOoooOOOoooing, then did a help I'm stuck bit to finally get out. Was getting close to colorful comments on the dev's ancestry. :p

Also, anyone know what baddies Word of Death works on down there? It had no effect on the Dragon or Navry. Should have had Mysticism & Focus this trip.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did have fun, was nice to be with all of you, but I fear this kind big overpowered monsters will never be my favorit thing to do.
The best part was to hang out with some others and do something.
I do believe Siege need a lot more of this kind of hunt to help players who do not have a group or only a small group to be able to do this kind of PvM.
Thanks for making the hunt :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Th
Someone know of a good map of that dungeon? I got lost and wound up OOOoooOOOoooing, then did a help I'm stuck bit to finally get out. Was getting close to colorful comments on the dev's ancestry. :p

Also, anyone know what baddies Word of Death works on down there? It had no effect on the Dragon or Navry. Should have had Mysticism & Focus this trip.
There is a good map, you can google it. And you could have fled the easy way I suggested down in Navreys Lair ;-)

Both bosses can be harmed by WOD but you need to wait until their health is far more down.

I am really looking forward to hunting again ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did have fun, was nice to be with all of you, but I fear this kind big overpowered monsters will never be my favorit thing to do.
The best part was to hang out with some others and do something.
I do believe Siege need a lot more of this kind of hunt to help players who do not have a group or only a small group to be able to do this kind of PvM.
Thanks for making the hunt :)
I don't think he is overpowered. It depends on strategy. And imagine the dragons from those famous sagas such as Smaug, Ancalagon and so on: They managed to destroy whole cities, killing armies and 10.000 men... Compared to a real dragon, this was a baby we took out with 8 more or less experienced fighters. The true issue down there is getting your corpse back without being killed. There were 5-6 Alzheimers and Victims on the ground some moments and I laughed alot. Sad, that nobody got a spellbook. I really like that one.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I only think I had one or 2 Frejas at the ground at the time. I will be going with you an other time, It's just, to me, a monster are just a monster, a piece of a program. What is real in this game it the players :p
Maybe that's why I don't mind our new Jokers :devil:

I do have alot to learn about this PvM stuff and it was nice to try it :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Laughs* I got killed on the south teleporter at one point and had a line of Tanivar bodies across the room through the fire field from the Ankh trying to reach the geared body on the teleporter, lost track of how many times I got killed in there. Lot more lively a hunt than I'm used to when gathering. :gee:

Turned up a map of the underground SA areas in my old graphics folders, I'll make sure I keep Word of Life up and stealth around down there and figure out the paths to reach various landmarks. Way to easy to get turned around down there.

Feeling a bit more humble than usual. :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Underworld is one of the nicest dungeons in UO - as SA was the best expansion of them all. The Underwold has great Boss-Encounters and funny mobs. Some secret spots are there as well as a lot of stealable items which are quite collectible and decorating! The whole design of the area is thoughtful and worth some adventuring. I am down there at least once a day (yes, PKs, come and kill me) as I love all the spots and encounters. Same is true for the Stygian Abyss. You can forget most other dungeons when it comes to design, ideas, challenges. Simply a fantastic place - still...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I feel like a noob, I don't know most of the stuff you speak about :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least one thing I can speak of as expert - in most other things I am learning from you all, friends!