• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Public net toss (Sun 8th July 20:00 UK time)

H

Halo14

Greetings Europa.

Just a little open invitation to all & sundry to attend a public net toss.

This Sunday (8th of July 18:00 UK time) I'll be throwing nets into the docks at Bucaneers Den (Tram) and doing battle with the watery minions that spawn. Anyone interested is welcome to attend.

I've got over 100 of the green buggers to throw and if attendance is high enough, I'll even throw a few fabled nets to see if we can summon ol' Haddock-head himself!

Young, old, rich, poor, all are welcome. Its a fun thing!

Oh, and if anyone is able to, could they possibly take some screenshots and bung them into this post please? I lost all of my old screenshots a while back and figure I might as well start from scratch. My abilities with IT equipment (and relevant skills) are incredibly poor or I'd do it myself.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to (hopefully) seeing you on Sunday.

:arr:

Addendum: I have a competition idea rattling around my head. If I can test it to make it work, there might just be a nifty gold prize to a few people on the day. More details to follow...

EDIT: Its just been pointed out to me that the original time of 20:00 would clash with the Shard-wide event. Timings have been adjusted to the left accordingly. The net-toss will now commence at 18:00 UK time.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this going on? There is no shard wide event tonight that i know of?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah i missed that :( okay dokey, better send out another mass on ICQ lol

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess it can be re arranged for another time? Cause im there now and no one there. 6pm a bit early i think

H

Halo14

Ah, curse my internet to hell and back!

Sorry, I'm having incredible net problems at the moment. BT (Long may it rain paving slabs upon their heads!) are "upgrading the exchange" which means I can't connect, can't stay connected for longer than 1 minute or lag like its 1989.

Sorry folks, I'm going to postpone this until further notice.

Note: I've set aside x100 green nets, x5 white nets and a mystery "activity" with a 10m prize for 1st place and a rake of assorted other prizes. Stay tuned, I'm putting tons of work into the mystery round (its getting ridiculous, you'll understand when you see it!) and setting up a challenge that should prove to be quite memorable!

I need to go now, my brother and his wife have had enough of me whining about BT and abusing their PC to speak to my "oddball internet friends" :(

(Time to drive home and be bored)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look forward to it :) i have 3 white nets i can donate too!

Edit: Make that 8 nets!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I was there, as was The Bear. Think he might have mixed UK time with GMT, (those are not the same during summer you english people!) or simply forgot.

Edit: Or having major net trouble....:)

I`ll mark my calendar next time as well

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill be there when you pick a date too, Love a good net toss.