• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Pub Fix 56 Bug Fix and Tweak?

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

DHMagicMan_1

I know you are doing the Naturalist Quest fix for 56, do you expect to fix the can't tend after stage 7 for any of the new plants (save for maybe new Cacti) also in publish 56? Also, and this one is probably wishfull thinking, any chance you can make the water button find the water in our pack the way potion buttons find our kegs...???

Those would be great!

Thanks for your gardening help.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Oh, and when 56 goes to TC, can we PLEASE have some mechanism to expedite testing?

I don't care if I have to do the quests multiple times or do the quests to become friendly with the hive etc... but please either give us a toy (tool) to dbl click and target xxx plant to force growth stage = stage + 1 after treating or give us a gateway to walk through with a bag full of plants and all plants in our pack are forced to grow?

Also kegs of potions or stacks of regs so we can make the potions? I think you already do that on TC though...

Thanks a BUNCH!

D

debsmad

Yes, thank you, DHMagicMan! Pleeeeeeeeeze (!!!) fix the can't-access bug if possible. And the water button sounds like an awesome idea.

I don't do the TC but I support your idea for that too.

:)

F

Flora Green

As much as the lockdown/can't access bug needs fixed, personally I would rather have the water button changed. That has been a royal pain since the very beginning. But, that's just MO. :)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked at the water button. It is feasible to make it work like the potions but it will take quite a bit of time to rewrite the code for it because of the way it's currently being handled. So I don't foresee being able to do that in the near future. As far as the lockdown issue, we are aware of it. But truth be told, I'm baffled by what could be the cause. So yes, we're aware of it, and will fix it as soon as we can pin down that bugger. But can't promise it will be in Pub 56.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thank you for looking at both these and giving us the status.

Much appreciated!

L

Lesa

I looked at the water button. It is feasible to make it work like the potions but it will take quite a bit of time to rewrite the code for it because of the way it's currently being handled. So I don't foresee being able to do that in the near future. As far as the lockdown issue, we are aware of it. But truth be told, I'm baffled by what could be the cause. So yes, we're aware of it, and will fix it as soon as we can pin down that bugger. But can't promise it will be in Pub 56.

The water button used to work like the potions in the beginning....i don't remember why or when it was changed.

Y

Yalp

maybe it's me.. but is part of the bug that ALL colored seeds other than the new peculiar pop in cactus form? I went through the naturalist quest.. grabbing 15 fire red seeds, 10 magenta, 10 pink, 1 aqua.. they all pop in cactus form.. which was expected...

but just for grins and chuckles, I planted a regular blue and a regular red seed... they also popped in tri-barrel cactus form.. it's not a big enough sample to know for sure.. but has anyone grown regular color seeds (gotten off mobs) in something other than cactus?

Y

Yalp

Did you collect the blue and plain seed after pub 55?
yeah.. blue and red seeds collected after publish.. in fact everything currently growing *naturalist quest*,peculiar and regular came after.

If anyone is growing anything collected after the pub and gets nothing but cactus.. please give a shout.

T

Teeshy

Oh! That could explain why I can't seem to get a campion to start!

When I lost my beetle load of plants, it included all the plain plants that I had had stored to that point - I wanted to start growing campions again

I collected about a dozen plain seeds since then, and they have all come out cactus - I have had some other plants pop too, but they have been from bought seeds (century plant, elephant ears, bullrushes, pampas gras and ermm, some others =P)

Hrmm, well, I guess I won't waste my time trying to grow a campion til after the publish ;)

B

Beastmaster

I hope Regine is still watching this thread because I think this is new news today. I don't recall any other mention of ALL newly spawned non-peculiar, non-fragrant seeds coming up as cactus. Previously it was thought to be just the naturalist quest seeds.

Regine have you seen this?

Y

Yalp

Oh boy.. this sounds ominous.. I hope this is indeed something that is being looked into by the devs.. thx for confirming I am not a little crazy!

B

Beastmaster

I'm growing some newly harvested seeds from normal plants grown and crossed since the last publish. Hopefully they will give me the old expected results. So far, I've seen no mention of harvested seed anomalies, except for the cocoa crosses.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm I'm not sure what you guys are saying. Are you getting issues with the regular plants as well or only the Naturalist quest seeds?

For the Naturalist, every single seed was bugged. You would only get one a specific type of cactus based on seed color. That is fixed in Pub 56. Now are you saying that there is also a problem with regular colored seeds?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I believe they are saying that if you go kill 100 boglings and plant those seeds, you will have 100 cacti as well... Not positive but I think they are saying all "Random" generated seeds right now are coming up cacti.

If you have seeds from a known cross and you plant them, they come up correctly, but random is wierd right now.

Maybe someone in your QA can verify if Boglings are dropping 100% cactus?

T

Teeshy

I can't say for sure, as I bought some seeds of vendors, as well as hunting for myself - the ones I have growing *at the moment* are all hunted seeds, but there's only a few of them too =)

I'll hunt some more and plant some more =)

Hard to say on such a small sample anyways - RNG doesn't always like me much - you can almost guarantee if I am hunting specifically to TRY and get campions, I will end up with all cactus instead LOL!

*edits* the ones I have in growing at the moment are on either day 3 or day 4, so I can update when they "pop"

D

DHMagicMan_1

I have a feeling their QA department can generate 100 or 500 seed samples pretty easily to see whether random is working... the only question is whether they are dropping Campion/Fern/Cacti in about equal ratio or if they are 100% cacti...

It takes us a week to get to stage 7 but I'm guessing QA can speed that up a bit if they can't just "Read" the seed to see what it is.

Y

Yalp

Hmmm I'm not sure what you guys are saying. Are you getting issues with the regular plants as well or only the Naturalist quest seeds?

For the Naturalist, every single seed was bugged. You would only get one a specific type of cactus based on seed color. That is fixed in Pub 56. Now are you saying that there is also a problem with regular colored seeds?
yes.. it seems confusing..

All naturalist quest seeds gathered since Pub 55... cactus only

All new seeds *fragrant and peculiar* gathered since pub 55... correctly popping

All regular seeds looted off mobs *regular blue regular red* gathered since pub 55... cactus (this is area which needs confirmed.. i can only confirm the 2 in the example)

All seeds cross pollinated or harvested off plants grown since pub 55... correctly popping..

I hunted the 4 types of bonzai and planted yesterday... so seeds since pub 55.... I'll report in 7 days on their status... *crosses fingers*

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm pretty sure the Bonsai are unaffected. I have collected a bunch from Wolves and such while collecting the new seeds and I've grown 20+ new Bonsai since 55... all have popped expected Bonsai... no issues I can see there.

I'm thinking it's just "Legacy Seeds" from the old system... ones randomly generated, not created through crossing or other "Known" seed... That would indicate Naturalist Quest Seeds as well Bog Things and Boglings... I don't think any other random drops of the original seeds exist.

Y

Yalp

I'm pretty sure the Bonsai are unaffected. I have collected a bunch from Wolves and such while collecting the new seeds and I've grown 20+ new Bonsai since 55... all have popped expected Bonsai... no issues I can see there.

I'm thinking it's just "Legacy Seeds" from the old system... ones randomly generated, not created through crossing or other "Known" seed... That would indicate Naturalist Quest Seeds as well Bog Things and Boglings... I don't think any other random drops of the original seeds exist.
That might explain alot.. I am not old enough to know which mobs drop the legacy seeds.. and other mobs? But I have been running around killing every type of mob and collecting the seeds... the testing continues!

T

Teeshy

Some more of mine "popped" today and I finally got a campion, so yeah, no problems =)

Y

Yalp

Good to know.. it's obviously my luck.. which stinks up the joint! Thx for the update!