• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Pub 85 Dungeon, Stealth Fails, Warping Captains

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New dungeon, Blackthorn,

Is it intended for the Captains to reveal stealthers 10-20 tiles away?

Is it intended for Captains (all w/exception of archer) to practically teleport/warp to right on top of us, if not to right on top of character? Is it intended for them to teleport/warp to right on top of us at full run on a mount??

EDIT: This was at the end of the dungeon where all the Captains are, the rest of the dungeon was nowhere near as impossible. Overkill imho at the end.

If the above questions are intended, why? I can see that this dungeon will rarely be used on small population shards if these are intentional. :(

While I'm on the subject, do you have plans for small shards to remain able to carry on with these new events when there are maybe 5-10 people total online off and on during a day or shall we all move to Atl and make everyone miserable? Last night in one of the city invasions it was just myself and another person doing the spawn. I don't mind telling you that I used 2 clients and they used 3 in order to try and finish the spawn before server down...it did not work out. Of course on Atl earlier last night, I and 100 or more other people did a Trinsic invasion and it was over in a matter of 30 minutes or so. How is this balanced??

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to try on TC1 with my stealth tamer and had the exact same problem getting revealed very easily. Didn't reveal when invasions were in the towns.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to try on TC1 with my stealth tamer and had the exact same problem getting revealed very easily. Didn't reveal when invasions were in the towns.

I'm wondering if anyone from Dev Team even bothers to read this? Do you post here often DJad?? I wish someone from Dev Team would reply regarding the small shards dealing with this when there are maybe 3-5 people online on very rare occasions, how are we supposed to do the dungeon (the end spawns) with our normal 2 or 3 people online?

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering if anyone from Dev Team even bothers to read this?
(Re)naming the thread after the current Publish 85 (by a mod) would be the first step to draw attention.
Or even better something like Publish 85: Perma-Reveal near Captains ?

On the subject: Stealthing around with a GM Hiding, 80 Stealth Char (dressed in leather) and become revealed every 5 seconds is a bad joke.
I dont know, wether its a special ability of rogue or other types of captains (wasnt able to detect a hidden at GM level) or a "feature" of the terrain. I think its the first one, because on the non invaded, empty areas, i hadnt those issues.
Anyway, its damn deadly to be on foot, becoming revealed continously (no messages) while the hiding delay is still up. And get chased by paragon speeding captains in those tiny but overcrowded areas without any space to bypass them. Not to mention the macers pulling you back into range of everybody and his dog . (I was even pulled by a macer some seconds after i was hidden, sure like hell, his mate the archer captain gave the the final blow.).
Teleport? No way, you can cast it, but it wont work (message).
So which tactic is left?
Divide et impere? You can not pull a captain away, not really. They tend to warp back, like during the invasion on the surface.

Last edited:

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Re)naming the thread after the current Publish 85 (by a mod) would be the first step to draw attention.
Or even better something like Publish 85: Perma-Reveal near Captains ?

On the subject: Stealthing around with a GM Hiding, 80 Stealth Char (dressed in leather) and become revealed every 5 seconds is a bad joke.
I dont know, wether its a special ability of rogue or other types of captains (wasnt able to detect a hidden at GM level) or a "feature" of the terrain. I think its the first one, because on the non invaded, empty areas, i hadnt those issues.
Anyway, its damn deadly to be on foot, becoming revealed continously (no messages) while the hiding delay is still up. And get chased by paragon speeding captains in those tiny but overcrowded areas without any space to bypass them. Not to mention the macers pulling you back into range of everybody and his dog . (I was even pulled by a macer some seconds after i was hidden, sure like hell, his mate the archer captain gave the the final blow.).
Teleport? No way, you can cast it, but it wont work (message).
So which tactic is left?
Divide et impere? You can not pull a captain away, not really. They tend to warp back, like during the invasion on the surface.

Thanks for pointing that out Kelly, I had actually been posting in the Pub 85 thread on Uhall no idea how I got the 2 confused other than they end in odd numbers. o_O :facepalm:

I had a macer pull me also after using invis on a different character, it was hard enough to cast it without getting 1 shot by who knows which captain at end of the dungeon but then to get "seen" after casting invis has got to be a bug. The thing is that when the captains spawned in the other rooms I could stay invisible pretty well and take a wide berth and avoid being detected every now and then with 85 real stealth and 110 buffed, wearing leather as well. The fact that characters get pulled, warped to and that there are so many Captains in the farthest north room (the circular one in between the column of 4 at the end) plus being revealed from many tiles away in that room or even close to it, is just strange and annoying.

Did you manage to try and stealth in the 1st group of circular rooms where the captains are at while they were spawned or had they not spawned in the 1st 8 rooms? As long as I stayed about 7-10 tiles away in the 1st group of circular rooms I wasn't revealed that often but when I was it seemed like it was by every type of captain tbh and not just one particular type. That all changes if I go into the area in the center of the line of circular rooms on the map above (by Petra) or even the ones on either side of it. I get revealed for so many tiles away I couldn't count the distance.

Who knows...