• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 72 and Ultima’s 14 year Anniversary

R

Righteous

Back on the 18th at the bottom of one of the many maintenance posts there was a little teaser "Look for information on Pub 72 and Ultima’s 14 year Anniversary later next week!" Well that week has come and gone and some where I read the Dev's were not involved in the account maintenance issue, so with that being said and unless I missed it somewhere in the blizzard of account maintenance message, I am still waiting for that information. And as long as you all are spilling your guts on those two items how about spring, I mean summer, no not summer, I mean fall, nope fall will be over soon how about winter cleaning :thumbup:

So come on out of whatever cubicle you all have been hiding in work furiously on the next great and awesome thing we will all love and treasure and give us a little update, PLEASE. :please:

Righteous

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.

Hmm... and what about the long overdue "The Cleaning" for this year (or will it be next year or even... never)? :eyes:

W

Woodsman

They did delete the post from the 19th that had the mention of it, and added it to a post from the 22nd, which means this week, so maybe somebody goofed up on the 19th.

I don't care about the pixel crack from the cleanups and anniversary/vet gifts, I want to know about the actual future of UO, namely the graphics.

Let's just hope that they aren't on Valve Time.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did delete the post from the 19th that had the mention of it, and added it to a post from the 22nd, which means this week, so maybe somebody goofed up on the 19th.

I don't care about the pixel crack from the cleanups and anniversary/vet gifts, I want to know about the actual future of UO, namely the graphics.

Let's just hope that they aren't on Valve Time.
Lol at the episodes.

I knew they had intended to make them much more quickly than a full game, but to go from every 3 months to every few years? Lol Valve, suck less

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So come on out of whatever cubicle you all have been hiding in work furiously on the next great and awesome thing we will all love and treasure and give us a little update, PLEASE. :please:

Righteous
I see Bleak lurking in da background. Wonder if he gonna let a spoiler or two hit the boards... or if he's contracturally obligated to keep quiet for now....

:popcorn:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not going to hold my breath.:(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmmmm I really hope HD ain't showing us the 14th year reward... Could imagine some of the Dev's telling us where to stick that carrott and rotate :lol:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmmmm at this rate

Spring cleaning ---> (Initial name)
Summer cleaning --> (HOC Video name)
Fall cleaning????

:sad2:

Could the Dev also please give use an idea on if our old points will be saved for new cleaning? or should we spend the old points before it is too late?!!!!!!!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there may still be some power outages and road closures from downed trees in the Fairfax, Virginia area. I would assume most members of the team lost significant work time Friday preparing for Hurricane Irene to blast through on Saturday and might still be doing some cleanup today or are home waiting on insurance adjusters to show up to assess the damage.

W

Woodsman

Kai Schober had no problems posting on the Warhammer forums today.

He probably has very little to do with UO though.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kai Schober had no problems posting on the Warhammer forums today.

He probably has very little to do with UO though.
Kai hasn't been in Virginia that long, so he might still be living in an apartment or somewhere where someone else worries about weather damage. Everyone else on the team has been there long enough that they probably all have a residence of some sort to worry about by now. I'm just trying to say cut them a bit of slack. I'm sure when they announced we'd get news last week, no one was planning on a hurricane to come through and disrupt and delay things.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kai hasn't been in Virginia that long, so he might still be living in an apartment or somewhere where someone else worries about weather damage. Everyone else on the team has been there long enough that they probably all have a residence of some sort to worry about by now. I'm just trying to say cut them a bit of slack. I'm sure when they announced we'd get news last week, no one was planning on a hurricane to come through and disrupt and delay things.
ive been cutting them slack since they took over, most of these so called "devs' can post from anywhere there is an interenet connection, ive got relatives in those areas running small business' they're not having any problems :)

W

Woodsman

I understand - I lived along the Texas coast for many years and am more familiar with hurricanes than many, but Kai could simply post that we'll get the details later in the week or give us one or two things. At this point, they probably know all of the major details for both Pub 72 and the 14th anniversary - the major parts of Pub 72 are not being dreamed up right now, they've probably been in testing or nearly in testing for weeks now.

They are getting a free bump in Ultima publicity from the Ultima I, II, and III releases on GOG.com as it is, and now is the time to be talking about the future of UO, not waiting another week until everybody has forgotten about the Ultima releases on GOG.com.

Because the article from the 19th was deleted, and then pub 72/14th mentioned on a later article from the 22nd, and then nothing since the 22nd (when nobody was worried about Irene), we have seen nothing, and it creates doubt.

R

Righteous

I think there may still be some power outages and road closures from downed trees in the Fairfax, Virginia area. I would assume most members of the team lost significant work time Friday preparing for Hurricane Irene to blast through on Saturday and might still be doing some cleanup today or are home waiting on insurance adjusters to show up to assess the damage.
I didnt realize they where located where Irene hit hard.

Righteous

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA holds the riegns tight on anyone outside corprate offices getting into any work under their licence. Meaning no employee can access UO or any other property of EA outside the office. So if any of them were evac'd out or stayed home during Irene, it is severly doubtfull if they could get any work done.

AS for both pub 72 and the 14th anniversary items... They go through Q&A before we ever see them. If at all they are in their hands right now.

Clean up .... what clean up ... spring was months ago summer is close to ending and fall is right around the corner.... oh and btw christmas is just a bit under 4 months off.
So lets see we have Publishes 72 +,14th Anniversary, Holloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all in under 3 + months of time.
Where do you expect them to put a cleanup??
Old Wise Man of UO once said "Nothing should be expected from the Gods of UO til its in your hands"

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA holds the riegns tight on anyone outside corprate offices getting into any work under their licence. Meaning no employee can access UO or any other property of EA outside the office. So if any of them were evac'd out or stayed home during Irene, it is severly doubtfull if they could get any work done.

AS for both pub 72 and the 14th anniversary items... They go through Q&A before we ever see them. If at all they are in their hands right now.

Clean up .... what clean up ... spring was months ago summer is close to ending and fall is right around the corner.... oh and btw christmas is just a bit under 4 months off.
So lets see we have Publishes 72 +,14th Anniversary, Holloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all in under 3 + months of time.
Where do you expect them to put a cleanup??
Old Wise Man of UO once said "Nothing should be expected from the Gods of UO til its in your hands"
Spring Clean, EC art, new player area...and I have been gone all summer.
I hope some of one or two of those make it in to this next pub. I hope the relocation of the account maint system has done something completely amazing from their perspective. I am missing playing but I am dreading the learning curve, and really wishing the EC offered more than a customizable UI as a reason to play it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i bet everyone a dollar its snowing or next spring before we have a cleaning.

as for 168 months account holders!

increased skill cap!

something worth my while and time invested in this game.

R

Righteous

I appreciate all the responses but I was really hoping for a response from someone at Mythic. But it appears they are busy with the aftermath of the hurricane or the account issue. I hope the latest hurricane I saw on the news this morning that seems to be heading there way dies out in the ocean instead of making land fall. I hope that everyone that was affected by the hurricane is alive and well and soon to be back at work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 3 day holiday.

Rigtheous