• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pub.54 consideration....house deco items.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read FoF......Down where Jeremy talks about house deco items, in publish 54, having the ability to be faced either south or east.....Well, I believe some of us have poured alot of our items for points, into deeds that cannot be adjusted.

Perhaps we can turn in these deeds, in pub.54, for the point value and get the deeds that face both ways......just a thought, would be nice.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I just read FoF......Down where Jeremy talks about house deco items, in publish 54, having the ability to be faced either south or east.....Well, I believe some of us have poured alot of our items for points, into deeds that cannot be adjusted.

Perhaps we can turn in these deeds, in pub.54, for the point value and get the deeds that face both ways......just a thought, would be nice.
A-n-n-n-d-d-d you (amongst others) fall into the same old trap of only seeing/reading something incompletely. Please tell me what the bold/red/underlined part says ...

=====
"Why do I have to spend twice the points to get house deco items in both directions?"

This was obviously not the ideal solution, and will be fixed in Publish 54 - players getting the house deco items will get a deed that allows you to choose which way the item faces, and existing items can be re-deeded and re-placed to get the same option.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, gotta love people who dont read things thru. You also have to love moderators who leave threads open to make an example of such stupidity. It sure opens up a big can of works doesnt it?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think the deed itself his his issue so much as the points spent.

I know several of my friends got both directions of the item to be able to replace it in eather way incase they decorate and redecorate and now will end up having the item times 2 instead of beeing able to spend the points of something that comes out in the next patch

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yep, gotta love people who dont read things thru. You also have to love moderators who leave threads open to make an example of such stupidity. It sure opens up a big can of works doesnt it?
<shrug> I am not a Mod on this forum, but even if I were I would leave this open as it does point out to the public at large the incomplete reading issue and actually the "rest of the story" that was missed.

Oh, I include myself in the "didn't read far enough" group ... I've done it and I had to reread the very FoF remark to insure I was correct in my response.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I know several of my friends got both directions of the item to be able to replace it in eather way incase they decorate and redecorate and now will end up having the item times 2 instead of beeing able to spend the points of something that comes out in the next patch
Annnnnd lemme see ... you (or whomever) will now have at least 1 tile that could get sold for gold to replace points. That's one solution.

I don't disagree that points were used for something that is to be corrected, thus there is a very real expenditure of points that could go elsewhere. But there is a way to recoup them in a manner that is legit and well within game mechanics.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well, at least the resale value should be pretty good, particularly with the announcement that they'll not be available forever!
almost prescient ... eh?:gee:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, guilty as charged brother, hey what can I say......still dazed and confused from the 60's.....but, appreciate ya pointing it out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps you can trade it with someone else who got roped into the same problem.... Or trade it to someone for their points.