• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PUB 117 is on Origins

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am saddened that there is no Pirate flag decoration for this event.
Agreed. Feels like a missed opportunity. There are usually more deco-rewards associated with these events. They could have had a couple of different pirate flags.

Also surprised there is no reward related to a pirate hat... or they could have also introduced an eye patch!

Lord Brackus

Visitor
Don't really get why everyone is so whiny over the stats on the Fortune's Visage, other than a pure greedy "gimme more" mindset.

Leurocian's Mempo is a thing, which people still pay 100's of millions for. Yes, it's a different slot, but the point is the stats on the item.

1713202015181.png

You get a helm with up to 290 luck if enhanced, with HP, HPR, LMC compared to the Mempo which only has 1MR and not even all 15's in resists.

The common complaint seems to be that "its not a good dexxer item", when the devs said it wasn't intended to be one. People seem to want to make a direct comparison to the Mark of Wildfire which is "so much better", but I highly doubt your sampire was using the Mark of Wildfire anyways. You also can't enhance the Mark for extra luck, nor does it offer an LMC bonus and Stam loss protection for removing Mage Armor.

Yea, I would love it if the Visage had 10 Stam, 5 Str, 5 Dex, 5 Int and all the other crap everyone was saying needs to be added to it. While they are at it, they should have tossed 300 luck onto the Balron Bone Armor, because why not, right?

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't really get why everyone is so whiny over the stats on the Fortune's Visage, other than a pure greedy "gimme more" mindset.

Leurocian's Mempo is a thing, which people still pay 100's of millions for. Yes, it's a different slot, but the point is the stats on the item.

View attachment 153516

You get a helm with up to 290 luck if enhanced, with HP, HPR, LMC compared to the Mempo which only has 1MR and not even all 15's in resists.

The common complaint seems to be that "its not a good dexxer item", when the devs said it wasn't intended to be one. People seem to want to make a direct comparison to the Mark of Wildfire which is "so much better", but I highly doubt your sampire was using the Mark of Wildfire anyways. You also can't enhance the Mark for extra luck, nor does it offer an LMC bonus and Stam loss protection for removing Mage Armor.

Yea, I would love it if the Visage had 10 Stam, 5 Str, 5 Dex, 5 Int and all the other crap everyone was saying needs to be added to it. While they are at it, they should have tossed 300 luck onto the Balron Bone Armor, because why not, right?
i disagree with you.
the mark has 4 mods fitting anything needing mediable luck headpiece

the visage hast 2 mods. so yeah.. its soo much better

and yes people pay a lot for the mempo. why? because its simply best in slot for luck

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The common complaint seems to be that "its not a good dexxer item"
Are you saying the mask of wildfire is not a mage item? 3 stats that every magic user needs. We are comparing apples to apples. This is a head slot like Wildfire mask is, not a gorget slot items.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The comment I made over on the official forums re: the Visage was that it is short atleast one mod. The reward didn't necessarily need to become a corresponding "dexxer" piece to match directly against the Mark of Wildfire. My suggestion was to keep the Hit Points and HPR, and add Strength. All builds need HP and Strength. It would have made it a universal item that could be utilized by most any template.

Alas, it's still an 'OK' item even without any further modifications - not the best, but not the worst either. Will become secondary head slot for those who see the Wildfire mark as prohibitively expensive (and scarce to find). Issue is that the turn-in cost seems like it's a bit high in comparison to some of the other rewards. Will see how the drop rate looks when the event goes live on prodo shards.

Last edited:

belal

Visitor
If you don't think its good enough, don't claim it. I bet people still claim it. For every person who claims a visage, means you're wrong.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
585 Hats for full collection.

What's the drop rate again?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
585 Hats for full collection.

What's the drop rate again?
I have said hundreds of times when @Anon McDougle says add old legendaries to the Black market. High seas are too easy to get the items already. Hats drop with pirates, hats drop on T chests, hats are in SoS. There are players in UO that can set up their backpack and do many of these an hour.

Void Pool is great for large groups, 10 plus randos. Hats drop reliably after lvl 30.
High seas Pirates and beacons great for group 4 plus.
Solo, do what you like T chests, SoS, join groups.

If you like to kill stuff, Void Pool. Go when a group is there. you just kill Pirates, heal and res other players. You can't sux at void pool, we all die. Just don,t run away in the direction of the void. Players do not win void pool. We fight till we die. The pirates do not steal.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have said hundreds of times when @Anon McDougle says add old legendaries to the Black market. High seas are too easy to get the items already. Hats drop with pirates, hats drop on T chests, hats are in SoS. There are players in UO that can set up their backpack and do many of these an hour.

Void Pool is great for large groups, 10 plus randos. Hats drop reliably after lvl 30.

If you like to kill stuff, Void Pool. Go when a group is there. you just kill Pirates, heal and res other players. You can't sux at void pool, we all die. Just don,t run away in the direction of the void. Players do not win void pool. We fight till we die. The pirates do not steal.
You left out raise the cap sure 300k easy but 3 million or 10?easy enough to make fair and give us sea dwelling players stuff to do

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You left out raise the cap sure 300k easy but 3 million or 10?easy enough to make fair and give us sea dwelling players stuff to do
You defeat your purpose. We would only need to raise the cap if the Doubloons are too easy to get.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

None of that answered the question. How many hats can you get per hour played? You need 585 for a full set. And that's minimum IMO for events. Getting at least one of each item is minimum.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of that answered the question. How many hats can you get per hour played? You need 585 for a full set. And that's minimum IMO for events. Getting at least one of each item is minimum.
Sorry I don't count stuff. All the different mechanics to get hats, yield hats. Some of us will get more hats per hour than others. I would get 1 hat per hour with T maps.

The event will last a month or more. We will get hats or write stories about not getting hats.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain I keep reading 3 months so around mid july ?

they should leave it running until NL imho tho , why not.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything is easy to get in UO it's the time involved that sets a cost
Time and fun level. I have liked This part of High Seas since Jolly Roger. For my 4 accounts, I think I could get more doing Ships and Beacons. Because I can do them quickly. I find Beacons fun. That would be my Solo Play.

For fun I will do the Poid Pool. Also because we do it often on LS and have a wide variety of templates, we are all not just tamers now. Many NOOBs have come and stayed on LS. After Level 30, the hats drop more.

Gabby on LS can probably do 60 SoS an hour with a helper to unload her junk. There are players who just T hunt. These players will have fun and get drops.

It seems the Vendor says it lasts 3 Months, so do what you like to do and have fun while getting hats.

Last edited:

apogipinoy

Visitor

View attachment 153516

Wait wait wait...you can enhance event items? Show me the ways...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry I don't count stuff. All the different mechanics to get hats, yield hats. Some of us will get more hats per hour than others. I would get 1 hat per hour with T maps.

The event will last a month or more. We will get hats or write stories about not getting hats.
But counting it was my question. So don't reply if you can't answer the question. I'm not sure why some of you feel like you have to reply to everything.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The event is only live on Origin/Baja right now and has been live for less than 24 hours. I logged on to Origin and got 3 hats in the hour I played (void pool was shut down).

Also, I'm assuming you mean getting at least 1 of every drop is considered "success"; then it sounds like the Dev team found a fine solution...just give less rewards to pick from. Talk about setting the bar low...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time and fun level. I have liked This part of High Seas since Jolly Roger. For my 4 accounts, I think I could get more doing Ships and Beacons. Because I can do them quickly. I find Beacons fun. That would be my Solo Play.

For fun I will do the Poid Pool. Also because we do it often on LS and have a wide variety of templates, we are all not just tamers now. Many NOOBs have come and stayed on LS. After Level 30, the hats drop more.

Gabby on LS can probably do 60 SoS an hour with a helper to unload her junk. There are players who just T hunt. These players will have fun and get drops.

It seems the Vendor says it lasts 3 Months, so do what you like to do and have fun while getting hats.
I'm doing Beacons and Dread pirates w/4 man crew on Baja. At a leisurely pace, and getting slower tan most, but steady hats with little danger. When live, I'll try Void Pool on ATL. My tank chars are there and the 50 BOTs should run up high levels fast.