• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provocation Stuck

Hobbity

Visitor
Hey all, been a long time since I played my provocation skill has been stuck at 90.1 for hours no matter how many mobs I used the provoke skill on. Music skill is still going up, I have the skill points and the provoke skill is turned up, is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a certain instrument that is better?

I tried the demons in wind for almost 2 hours, I than did Tsuki wolves and nothing... I use the skill to provoke a fight between the monsters. Is there something Im doing wrong here?

Hobbity

Visitor
I paged a GM, 20 min later skill gain resumed for provoc, but nothing for music now.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you have an empty soulstone, you can soulstone the skill off and then back on and see what happens. You could also remove another skill (depending on template) and try to gain it to cap before putting the other skill back on. The closer to 720, the slower the gains. If I am already at 720, many times I use item id to lower the other skill. Some skills (like item id) will lower easier than others.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm runnin a macro, so i just let it power thru. I completed a whole PowerPoint presentation before I gained a .1.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you can use the provoke mastery after 90 to get to 120. I think I did that, if memory serves. Just turn tribulation (or despair) on and off with a macro.

Also, if you go the hunting route, I suggest to get a "crystal ball of knowledge" or "skill tutor statuette" to check the skill gain levels.

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Run on cu sides 90-110 then go to greater dragons to finish.

A few tricks that could help you too speed level skills:
Drop a small customisable house (or alter a current one) to make 2 pens with small walls and wooden gate. Put a pet in each and release them to wild safely inside the pen. Then you can repeat provoke them will no stress/kiting.

Skill up chance is effected by Total Skill points. This means if you make a character with ONLY music/provoke will gain a lot faster. You could use a soulstone to move skills off you main character or train skills on a separate character and move skills into character its needed on. If your a new player and don't have access to soulstone and/or cant/don't want to buy 2x sets of powerscrolls then think about skill orders and what's hardest to train and whats easiest.

Last thing is make sure your trying to bard an appropriate pet, as with taming you want between a 55-70% success rate on the animal your using to train. You can use slayers, incorrect slayers, exceptional and normal instruments to alter your success rate on top of finding the right creature.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey all, been a long time since I played my provocation skill has been stuck at 90.1 for hours no matter how many mobs I used the provoke skill on. Music skill is still going up, I have the skill points and the provoke skill is turned up, is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a certain instrument that is better?

I tried the demons in wind for almost 2 hours, I than did Tsuki wolves and nothing... I use the skill to provoke a fight between the monsters. Is there something Im doing wrong here?
I have about 14 bards that are 4x120. You lock music at 100 and soulstone off all your skills other than meditation, music, and whatever bard skill you are raising. Then you just cast the mastery spell over and over. You will get to 120. If you don't have enough soulstones to take off your other skills it takes longer but it will still work. Once you finish your bard skills then you raise music last. Alacrity scrolls are nice if you can get them. You can pick up one of the bard quests in Brit Music Conservatory. I always end up taking the peacemaking one where you have to peace 5 mongbats. Once you finish that you get a mastery book and all three bard mastery at level 3. Simple as that.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have about 14 bards that are 4x120. You lock music at 100 and soulstone off all your skills other than meditation, music, and whatever bard skill you are raising. Then you just cast the mastery spell over and over. You will get to 120. If you don't have enough soulstones to take off your other skills it takes longer but it will still work. Once you finish your bard skills then you raise music last. Alacrity scrolls are nice if you can get them. You can pick up one of the bard quests in Brit Music Conservatory. I always end up taking the peacemaking one where you have to peace 5 mongbats. Once you finish that you get a mastery book and all three bard mastery at level 3. Simple as that.
That's a lot of bards: D

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

shiny

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Run on cu sides 90-110 then go to greater dragons to finish.

A few tricks that could help you too speed level skills:
Drop a small customisable house (or alter a current one) to make 2 pens with small walls and wooden gate. Put a pet in each and release them to wild safely inside the pen. Then you can repeat provoke them will no stress/kiting.

Skill up chance is effected by Total Skill points. This means if you make a character with ONLY music/provoke will gain a lot faster. You could use a soulstone to move skills off you main character or train skills on a separate character and move skills into character its needed on. If your a new player and don't have access to soulstone and/or cant/don't want to buy 2x sets of powerscrolls then think about skill orders and what's hardest to train and whats easiest.

Last thing is make sure your trying to bard an appropriate pet, as with taming you want between a 55-70% success rate on the animal your using to train. You can use slayers, incorrect slayers, exceptional and normal instruments to alter your success rate on top of finding the right creature.
is it considered legal? I mean customized house with 2 pens