• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provocation on G-drags

Hazzattacker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys,

I've been trying to tweek my archer/bard as I want to hunt Gdragons (currently), what provocation/music do I need to successfully provoke two Gdrags to attack one another?

I currently have 105 music and 110 provocation but it says 'You have no chance of provoking these creatures' - a little disappointing considering how long it took me to skill up provo...

So you know, I'm currently running the following template,

Archer/Anat/Tact/Heal/Hiding/music/provo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you use the bard calculator you will be able to see your chances. http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php

For some reason, I am not seeing the greater dragon on the list but I can tell you that with 120 music and 120 provoke and a slayer instrument, I fail a lot. I want to say it is only like a 30-40% success rate but I am sure that Logrus can verify the exact percentage. He is awesome with the barding formulas!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anything less than 120/120 is going to give you issues. You might want to track down a dragon slayer to help but I would finish the provo first. It's not that hard if you use the masteries and provo plaque beasts against each other after you have worked them up a little. You can increase it's skil by making them eat the spawn. The tend to spawn in swamps on a coast so you can fish at the same time using "a boat"...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also consider switching to Provo mastery. That will grant you an additional +10% modifier to your provo chances

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is true, but due to their 160 barding, it is very difficult. Expect to see grey occasionally while doing this. Ok, maybe MORE than occasionally...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Good grief, I have 118.8 prov and 119.7 music, and am using prov mastery, and I seem to get less than 50% success provoking regular dragons onto GDs....

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Even lower success rates. With reptile slayer 120's all across its about 1 in 5 successful on paper. the reality is in the field it seems more like 1 in 7 or 8. Especially true with level 7 maps trying to provo frost dragon on frost dragon or ancient wyrm on ancient wyrm despite both being listed at 160 difficulty.