• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provo vs Disco Tamer ?

Moonglum

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Trying to decide what to pair up with my Taming skills. I'm thinking if I go Bard I can take one Discipline, either provo or disco. What are the pros/cons here?

Taming aside...are there any Bard Templates that are useful for soloing Champ spawns?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For PvM, I prefer the Disco Tamer so the kills go quicker. Before powerscrolls, I had a Prov Tamer which was nice but I prefer the Disco Tamer. I am not sure about Soling a Champ though.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a provo/disco/tamer which I really enjoy. Depending on the hunt I can stone off provo and use peace for a peace/disco/tamer which is great for crowd control and group buffs when needed. It also comes down to which bard masteries you want to use.

Moonglum

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess I'm kinda going for a "pure" template. Tame/Lore/Vet/Mage/Music/??? Don't think I need T/L/V over 110, Magery is definitely somewhere in the 90-100 range, but I know you have to have max music/X to be good. SO leaves me something like sub 60 in another skill. Another music choice is useles, probably something like Hiding, Med, Eval...not sure.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another music choice is useles
I'm going to have to disagree with you there but I guess it boils down to my personal playstyle. I'll just share my template with you and you can make your own decision, it is very effective for me:

120 Lore (110 real, +10 on jewels)
120 Taming (110 real, +10 on jewels)
120 Disco
100 Magery (65 real, +20 on jewels, +15 Tome of Lost Knowledge)
120 Music
120 Provo
103 Vet (75 real, +27 on jewels)

I keep my bard skills real to maximize what benefits I can from the masteries and I can further specialize my skills with different jewel sets/spellbooks. I can drop my taming skills down to real and increase med to give me some more mana regen if i'm not using a GD. My suit is max LRC and LMC with the rest in Luck, MR, MI, and Int with some other random stuff thrown in. I can play well in a group by changing out pets and masteries and I can swap out provo for peace if needed. If I was going to dump one of my bard skills I would definitely keep disco and drop provo and maybe add med.

I haven't hit all of the possibilities. But anyways, have fun with whatever you pick. This just happens to work great for me.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Trying to decide what to pair up with my Taming skills. I'm thinking if I go Bard I can take one Discipline, either provo or disco. What are the pros/cons here?

Taming aside...are there any Bard Templates that are useful for soloing Champ spawns?
It depends what you intend to do with the Tamer. If you're doing Doom, Disco/Mage Tamer works with a really simple setup don't even need Vet, as does Ninja/Dexxer Tamer. (In terms of soloing everything + DF I mean) if you're using it for Champ Spawns I'd say Vamp/Chiv/Dexxer Tamer, as you can use the pet as a massive shield if you know how to position and command properly while you Whirlwind/Hit Area from safety. I would say for multi purpose (meaning events mainly) I wouldn't even pair Taming with Bard skills as they continually make events anti Bard, here you'd want Mage, Med & Vet imo. (That is if the Tamer part isn't optional, otherwise I'd use a Thrower at events everytime.)

Discord/Prov can kill most champs in Ilsh if you've got good spawn available to you (often if other people join in - especially with summons - it all goes to crap) At Valor for example you've got greater dragons and parragons so Meph is easy as you don't have to damage directly and therefore avoid all the counter attacks, same with Neira. Rikktor/Barracoon you only really need Discord so you can Trib/Despair, though with Spellweaving as well you can Trib/Despair/WOD after powering up and see some hilarious damage. In Fel I'd just do Discord, probably on a Vamp/Wraith Thrower. One thing I'd bare in mind is your own play style, if you don't think you'd even use mastries, then go 90 real skill jewel up, and have a full dexxer offensive (bush/tact/anat).

Xvim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use this template

120 taming
120 lore
120 music
120 vet (heals uniquely)
120 peace
100 magery (can be 120 it doesnt matter )

When i go tame wild animals, i use peacemaking for taming and resilience. I got luck suit so i cant use things like +skills gains on my suit. I switch
peacemaking into Discordance for slaying uber monsters. I switch provo for strengen my dragon for PvP.

I am really fine with this one if you dont plan to have meditation and having luck suit. Just requires 2 (or 3) soulstones.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use
110 tame
110 lore
110 vet
105 Mage
120 Provo
120 peace
120 music
I don't remember the real skills but I'm there with jewels and talismans