• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Provo Mastries and Summons

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
So I just trained up my third 4x120 bard.
My first two have 120 mage/med and a 40% LMc suit.... but I dislike relying on EVs, and I hate the sound they make.

I just made a
4x120 Bard skills real skill
83 (120) focus (+37 from jewels/tali)
93 (120) mystic (+27 jewels)
64 Spellweaving

My idea was to use no-fail arcane empowerment and rely completely upon a full power Dual Provo song enhanced RC, and to run around in stone form. Gift of renewal and provo song to sustain me with my fat stone legs.
55% LMC/30MR allows me to sustain provo songs indefinitely even in a party of 8+ and still have plenty of mana to cast Arcane empower/RC whenever I need.
I can drink invis pots for a quick invis but with bardsongs, you dont stay invis anyway. +Mage items swap and mark scrolls for a must mark location.

Now there are a few members of the Bard community that have a long history of giving good solid advice (poo, lord(god) and others). What do you think of this template? New loot system made gearing it easy enough, i have 4/6 (2/6 in stone form), 30 MR 75 all resists.

Additionally, I am sadly seeing very little effect on the RC with the Provo songs on or off. I have done a fair number of miasmas and with disco mastery RC is hitting him for 99-105 dmg armor ignores And with provo mastery on i still see 99s, but sometimes see up to 112s. I dont notice a huge difference in swing speed either.
How can one effectivly test RC “DPS”?

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Testing conclusive: provo songs do not affect the damage of Rising colossus.

At 120/120 mystic/focus a Rising Colossus’s Armor ignore does 92-116 damage at set intervals (92 96 101 106 111 116) tested by myself.
Turned both provo songs on, and RC still does the exact same (92 96 101 106 111 116). Provocation mastery buffs had no effect

Possibilities:
1.) RC is a “red named” summon and therefore cannot benefit from my blue named self
2.) pet damage can go over the 300% cap but only from personal stats, and the bard buffs are over-capping
3.) rising colossus is stuck in the 70s and prefers disco to rock and roll.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think songs have no effects on summons in trammel but in fel they do.
Another thing is you could animal lorr them before and after the songs to see if its stats getting increased.

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Did a fel champ spawn, Rising colossus hitting for exactly the same values with both Provo songs up. (92 96 101 106 111 116)
So in fel, I still did not “turn grey” and buff the RC.

I will test provo buffs with “blue” controllable summons like earth elementals later tonight

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
I tested on TC with Animal lore, provo mastery And a variety of things:

Provo Mastery DID NOT WORK in Felucca or Trammel for ANY summon tested (Tested earth ele, EV, Daemon, Rising colossus)

Provo Mastery DID effect a tamed creature AS WELL as a dryad Allured creature. (My assumption is they will effect necro mastery controlled creatures as well for this reason)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I don't like the Myst version of the 4x Bard for a number of reasons mainly relating to not having Magery/Mage Weapon and no melee defense.

However, if you don't like EV's, I'd train up a pair of Vollems they're same stats as Nightmares, & receive the Bard buffs. You could also (situationally) drop Peace for Weaving. Also if you don't like EV's there are quite a few other Mage Summons you can use, and can match damage types to what you're fighting's weakest resist. Mainly with a 4x Bard I'd be running Discord/Despair/Tribulation with a slayer instrument, in conjunction with summons/provokes/firehorn.

I only really use Prov or Peace Masteries if I need a bonus to my Prov chance, or if I'm on the 1st 1-2 levels of a champ spawn (because I can just gather mobs and firehorn them.)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't like the Myst version of the 4x Bard for a number of reasons mainly relating to not having Magery/Mage Weapon and no melee defense.

However, if you don't like EV's, I'd train up a pair of Vollems they're same stats as Nightmares, & receive the Bard buffs. You could also (situationally) drop Peace for Weaving. Also if you don't like EV's there are quite a few other Mage Summons you can use, and can match damage types to what you're fighting's weakest resist. Mainly with a 4x Bard I'd be running Discord/Despair/Tribulation with a slayer instrument, in conjunction with summons/provokes/firehorn.

I only really use Prov or Peace Masteries if I need a bonus to my Prov chance, or if I'm on the 1st 1-2 levels of a champ spawn (because I can just gather mobs and firehorn them.)
Interesting to mention the Fire horn : I always wanted to know how it works. Doe it need sulfurous ash or LRC takes care of that? Also the damage from it depends on something like Eval? or eval is irrelevant? Also does it hit multiple targets? Is it affected by FC/FCR?
Greatly appreciate info..

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last I checked, you need sulf ash in ur bp. Damage is not affected by eval. Hits multiple targets, it's an aoe. Not affected by fc/fcr, but it has a timer on it. Don't remember how long the timer is. 10-30 seconds or something.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Last I checked, you need sulf ash in ur bp. Damage is not affected by eval. Hits multiple targets, it's an aoe. Not affected by fc/fcr, but it has a timer on it. Don't remember how long the timer is. 10-30 seconds or something.
30 seconds sounds king of bad..10 sec would a usable item possibly..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire Horn deals damage based on your Bard skills (all of them), and it's damage is not subject to diminishing returns when AoEing multiple opponents (it's basically a AoE Flamestrike that's far stronger against large groups than Meteor Swarm). It consumes 4 Sulfurous Ash per use, and has a 1% chance to break per use (so carry multiple insured ones). The CD is nowhere near 30 secs. It's like 10 seconds at most.