• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provo Mage vs. Ancient Wyrm

Blazer

Visitor
So I need a little help please..... I am an avid t-hunter. I can complete level 5 maps with no problem at all with my Provo Mage. When I attempt level 6 maps, I can pretty much kill everything except for the Ancient Wyrm. I've gotten to the point where there is nothing to provo onto the Wyrm, and I'm stuck with him and myself..... All of the EV's that I can throw at it are instantly dispelled. Is there any sort of combination that I can do as a lone wolf to beat the Ancient Wyrm and not give up my Level 6 chest? Appreciate any insight.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was a provo t-hunter for 15 years with the same problem.

I hated giving up provo, but I retooled. have Mysticism / Spellweaving now and can solo L7s with ease.

Blazer

Visitor
Thanks, I'm newly back after a long time away and didn't know much about Mysticism and Spellweaving. I'll check it out.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Rising Colossus is far more powerful than the 2 EV's you were probably using, and takes less mana over time. Could probably live without Spellweaving, but Word of Death is handy and so is the spell to resurrect yourself, also handy if you're out soloing. My skills now are

100 Cart
100 LP
120 Spellweaving
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
120 Magery
40 Meditation

Blazer

Visitor
Thank you, this helps a lot. Yes, two EV's are usually what I pre-cast before the chest produces the spawn, but the ancient dispels them almost instantly. That was my problem, I couldn't get anything to knock it down. I'm gonna keep my provo in a soul stone and try the Mysticism and Spellweaving. I appreciate the information. I have a ton of level 6 maps ready to go. Do you mind sending me a ss what your desktop looks like on your treasure hunter character with the Spellweaving and Mysticism set up? I would appreciate it very much.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure this'll help; I went through the exercise of standardizing my desktop and all my macros across characters. So "I" casts invis, Shift-I disarms and drinks an invis potion. Yes, I made a spreadsheet to track them all. So I have unused icons, but it's handy if I ever swap back to Provo, my bard macros work, and if I switch for some reason to Bushido, those macros work. So my desktop looks identical for my treasure hunter, my paladin, my necro mage, my crafter.

First I touch my luck stature. Then, I generally can find the map location in less than 6 digs; I pat myself on the back when I get it on dig #1. Then I stop the dig, make sure I've cast "Gift of Life" and put on my luck suit. Start the dig, switch to combat suit, cast RC, then pre-cast invis. When the chest pops, "target self" and disappear and run a screen away and re-invis, switch back to Luck suit to watch the fight. Then back to the combat suit and cast RC until all are dead.

Then I mount my ethereal and cast 2 EV's before trying to pick the chest; the EVs are fast than the RC and can chase down the grubber if one spawns. I use RC for the rest of the chest; I mark a rune at the exact chest location, and when I'm 450 stones, I recall to the bank to drop gold, recall home where I have empty chests for storage, and then recall back and continue to loot. I don't bother identifying the loot at this time. (Though if I'm doing a Fel map, I check for Legendaries and forged pardons first, just in case, though I've never had a problem)

I can dry-loot 4 chests in an hour at maximum luck. When the luck timer runs out, switch to my Imbuer and put loot in storage or on my vendor or convert to points or convert to relics as required.

upload_2017-4-16_17-18-45.png

Attachments

Blazer

Visitor
Wow that is pretty Amazing, Thank you! I dropped my mining & eval to keep Provo & Music for the short term. I have mysticism at 120. I had an extra slot and made an advanced character so it was pretty easy yo max out quickly. I'm going to practice on a couple of 5's to get the hang of things, and then do my 6's. I appreciate all the information you provided. Your set up is very nice. I have a little ways to go.....