• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Protection spell bugged or am I confused in how it works?

M

mookin1

My base resists with no armor on are 0 physical and -5 to all elemental resists, i am an elf if that makes any difference.

If i cast the protection spell, my resists all increase by 15 so I end up with 15 physical and 10 to all elemental. What is strange is when I had 0 physical and -5 to all resists my resisting spells skill had dropped from around 55 to 20, but when I casted protection, it went back to its normal level of 55 skill.

My friend who has 0 resisting spells tried the same thing, he casted protection and his resist don't change atall.

I'm really confused, can anyone explain this to me? Also is there an essay or guide on how protection works?

Then there's reactive armor, when I cast this spell my physical resist drops by 5, what else is this spell doing? Please answer both questions seperately so I don't get confused.

M

mookin1

I also noticed that if I equip armor that gives + resists whilst protection is on the only resist that is increasing is physical resist.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are 0/-5/-5/-5/-5 with no armor then you either have magic reflect or reactive armor cast as well.

Stand naked.

Cast a combination of protection, magic reflect and reactive armor until you hit zero.

Each of these spells changes your armor permenantly until cast again (like a toggle) even through death.

Look in your buff/debuff bar to figgure out which one is active.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Then there's reactive armor, when I cast this spell my physical resist drops by 5, what else is this spell doing? Please answer both questions seperately so I don't get confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to know what the spells do - how about going to stratics and READING . I know its a foreign concept but it would be best if you do a little research first before calling 'mommy, help me' to the Uhall boards.

B

Babble

I wait until they make a movie out of it, else it sucks anyway.

M

mookin1

Well this isn't making any sense, i'm pretty sure i don't have magic reflect, reactive armor or protection on, i don't have any equipment on, yet my resists are still 5 physical and -5 to everything else. How can i check my buffs? I'm using the 2d client.

If i cast reactive armor now my resists change to -15 physical and 0 to everything else, what are elves supposed to have normally?

G

Bring up your status gump. There's a little blue button in the upper left corner. Click on it and it will tell you what spells you have active.

M

mookin1

There's no buffs in there, my resists are all at 10 and i have no gear on, am I supposed to have 10 base resist to all?

M

mookin1

What's confusing now is I have 10 base all resists, I have no active buffs, when i put on a piece of armor that adds to all resists the only resist that's actually going up is my fire resist, by 4, it's supposed to add 14, the other resists on the armor are below 3-4 and arn't doing anything.

B

Babble

Yes, that is magic resist skill, which gives you a base resist.
Don't ask me how that is calculated though ....
With gm resist you have 40 in base, with 120 resisting spells- 44 resists in all

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

What's confusing now is I have 10 base all resists

[/ QUOTE ]

You now have no buffs but it showing your base resist due to Resist Spells skill.

Drop your resist spells to 0 and your base resist will be all 0.