• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proposed Training Plan PP Mare

Here is my proposed training plan for my PP Mare(slot 2>3). I'm still going to test it out on TC1 too. If anyone sees any flaws or ways I can tweek it, your opinion will be appreciated.

upload_2018-7-4_9-23-13.png

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Looks good, except why are you only setting resists to 70? You could do all at 73. Also it's usually recommended to put a little in stamina regen, 5 or less.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im not sure I'd do 70's across the board.
In fact.. I wouldnt! Unless you will just fight scalis all day long.

I prefer 80 80 80 45 80
OR 80 75 70 70 70 if you really want balanced.

Resists are important in this order.
Phys > Fire > Energy > Cold > Poison

As for Stamina regen, it depends on how tight the pet would be.
3 or 5 possibly, but not 100% necessary.

Honestly first round I'd do:
*** If you want to change your magic school, plan this before you make the build. But Ill assume you let magery remain and go for 700STR nightmare. ***

Fix resists (according to above), max HPR (20), max MRR (30). Fix stam/dex if 125/125 already by maxing them to 150/150.
Then remaining into STR and a little into HP if you got remaining points.

Goal is 700STR right?

Second round:
Fix mana (max 400, honestly dont need more since mana regen from MR and int is more important unless you plan to hop on the pet to let it regen fully so you can manadump again).

- Add the one skill you want (usually armor ignore, NM already has dragonbreath so you're limited to one skill).
- Remaining into fixing STR up to 700.
Possibly max your INT as it's a prepatch pet you could probably afford it for that extra mana regen.

Third round.
- MAX BASE DAMAGE. Like honestly, if you dont do this now. You might aswell just release and kill this pet.
- 800 points into scrolls.
Remaining into fixing whatever things you have left. HP usually ends up around 600 to 700.

So your final pet should look something like:

600 to 700HP
150stam
400mana

700str
150dex
370int (optional)

regens:
20 HPR
3 or 5 (optional) SR
30 MRR

Max basedmg.

Scrolls (a prepatch mare deserves 120's just for the sake of being a glorious prepatch pet, if you cant afford the scroll leave the training points free until you can, dont fully commit into HP until you know how much you'll need free).

Optional magic school change. (usually not needed unless you do a weak ass necromage mare for PVP, or a chiv nightmare, I like magery mastery for PVP even with AI).
Skill , I recommend AI. But heck, maybe some other skill is useful now? (Dismount/disarm for PVP possibly or just remain AI for dankness)

BOOM! There ya go, a nice 350m - 400m (if you scrolled it) PP mare with good stats. Ur welcome.
It wont have the dank new hue as new tames, but you dont care. Cause you got a dank pet to kill stuff with.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Only need 600 TP for full 120 scrolls on a nightmare.

Highly recommend you take armor ignore and Chivalry (be sure to train armor ignore first).

On my PP night mare I did my resists 80/80/45/80/80. If I could do it over I would go 80/80/65/60/80.

Don't forget to max base damage on the final round-VERY important.

My pp nightmare has 600 HP and 370 INT, recommend you do the same.

Not sure how much mana it has, but definitely do 30 mana regen, 20 HP regen, and 5 stamina regen.

During the first round of training the most important thing is to give your pet 150 stamina/dex and set the resists. This will make the remaining training go much easier.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If you want to 120 all the skills, here is the required points:

Wrestling 200
Tactics 200
Anatomy 20
Parry 20
Focus 20
Resisting spells 20
Meditation 20
Chivalry 100
Total 600 points.

*These scrolls are expensive but you can save the training points and use them later as you get the scrolls. They don't have to be used right away.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't do 10 HPR going from 2 to 3, do 5 Stamina regen instead. If you're not sold on 5 Stamina regen, take a look at another pet that you're hunting with, and see if you are seeing the stamina drop and not go back to full. Doing 5 Stamina regen instead, I'd probably put the extra points into STR, but if you are just leveling off of crazy mage and allosaurus, it won't matter much, since you can make your 3 to 4 level in a day anyway.

For Resists, I would suggest 80 in PHY, Fire, Energy and the remaining Cold/Poison following whichever strategy you see fit. Pawain has been an advocate on Max 4 Resists, and he makes a good case. If you do that, you'll need to have an alternative pet for the low resist. But if you're good with that strategy, do the Pawain method. Hopefully he'll drop a comment on how he'd set them and how he'd train his alternate pet. My guess is that he'd have an overcapped Cu, which I think he actually already has with 80/80/85/40/80. Personally, I would do 80/80/60/65/80, but I can't make a strong case for where the 60 should go either way.

Definitely, train up 3 to be ready for 4, but you'll need to decide on magic type at that point, necromage, chiv, or leave it natural. If you are going to use an entire level to do necromage, it's a lot of work, but definitely do a post patch first and let it get skilled up before you decide if it's for you. Also, don't leave it to 4 to 5, because you won't be able to max base damage if you do that. It's an irreplaceable pet, so take your time so you don't regret a mistake or a template you don't enjoy. I've seen a noticeable jump in how the pet performs when Chiv gets over 80 as well. So that might be one to also do on a post patch pet first, to see how you like it.

Glad you are porting your guy over to test center to experiment to be careful, and I hope you enjoy your final pet.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you want the training process to be a breeze, follow my steps.
Resists, HPR regen are most important.

You need about 400HP , regens and fixed resists to make it easy through any training level, be it on Crazed or other monsters that give greatly gains.
Preferably using consume dmg to not worry at all.