• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Project: Gorgon Video Contest! In Two Parts.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As you have seen in the news section, Citan is in DIRE need of video clips. And since we are planning a game video contest anyways, lets go ahead and get it underway.

PART ONE: This part runs from now until Monday August 4th at noon. In order to be eligible for the drawing you must post at least one video clip from Project: Gorgon. (seas, just post in this thread to remind me to add you in, no need to repost what you have done)

PART TWO: This Part will run from the close of PART ONE until Monday Aug 11th at noon. This will be your complete video and trust me the prize will be awesome!! Details will come soon on a separate thread.

All video clip entries will make the poster eligible for the drawing to win thier choice of the following:
-5 Flight Potions
-5 Armor Repair Potions
-5 Dyes
-Set of Necromancer Vanity Clothing

seasidelion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
POST!!!!

edit: nice videos illy. I think the others may have to upload their own, or their own post to be eligible. Glad you're recording though!

edit2: speaking for myself, I am new to: graphic design, web design, video editing, video production, sound editing, etc. So any links to or written out tutorials (or links to said tutorials) for any editing software would be IMMENSELY appreciated. Not trying to be lazy, more than willing to learn, but need a hand in the right direction (right now i would google 'best video editor free' and 'XXXX video editor tutorial, so any help please!). new job is killing my time, halps me!

ALinkToTheFuture

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Huh... Was going to post some videos... Then I realized that I play in super crappy low HD-nothing mode.... Oh well..

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
ALink, doesn't matter. Some of the vids I sent off to Citan were old, like from before they remapped Serbule. And some dungeon stuff from last winter. Go ahead and post! This contest is a drawing, so any clip qualifies!

As for editing software, seas. Big fact UGH!. Spent Friday and Saturday fighting with that. On my windows computer, I used fraps to record with and codec to convert. Then Windows Movie Maker, which is a part of Windows Essencials, for editing. For the clips I offered Citan to use, I put them in box.com then all I had to do was give them a link to my folder there. I am still looking at how best to load a finished movie video to be viewed. Youtube was blurry, but I haven't tried to mess with settings there yet. Vimeo looks alot better so far.

On my macbook air I use an app called Final Screen Recorder. I have an app called iMovie that will be be using for the first time today to see if its like Windows Movie maker.

ALinkToTheFuture

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well... YouTube seemed to make it blurry... You know what? If this blurry mess looks even remotely usable just let me know the best alternative method of delivery...

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
AlinktotheFuture is our lucky winner! See Auriel in game for your prize!

Keep at that videos, guys! The prize next week will be amazing!

Illywing

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
POST!!!!

edit: nice videos illy. I think the others may have to upload their own, or their own post to be eligible. Glad you're recording though!

edit2: speaking for myself, I am new to: graphic design, web design, video editing, video production, sound editing, etc. So any links to or written out tutorials (or links to said tutorials) for any editing software would be IMMENSELY appreciated. Not trying to be lazy, more than willing to learn, but need a hand in the right direction (right now i would google 'best video editor free' and 'XXXX video editor tutorial, so any help please!). new job is killing my time, halps me!
......... I know it was a random draw and all but my clips sucked ass.... Sorry all...
Honestly, Link, yours was the only clip. I withdrew mine because the ppl who spent hours running around to various places with me so we could get the shots weren't eligible unless they posted the clips themselves. And yet, without their part in it, there would have been only solo fights...which makes the game look unpopulated and lifeless. So did we have to take turns recording???? Its not like we have a huge community to draw upon in order to get things like this done. One day we will!

My real question is: What is the reason for this? It's not like very many were entering the contest. In fact, it was a completely dead contest until I posted. I didn't even want to enter it at all, but I know Auriel appreciates it when ppl try to participate in forum events. And it's something I can do to support the game without having to be in-game at certain times.

My helpers were not eligible on a technicality. If we are going to be technical then seas isn't eligible either...after all, he has videos, not clips. So again, why??? What would it have hurt to allow all of them to be eligible? Let me answer...it would not have hurt anything or anyone. I had a clip for each and every one. It would only have made the contest more interesting.

If we had huge community, with people who would make a big deal about every little detail and rule of a contest, I would totally understand the reason behind this. But we don't.
And to be honest, the work involved in getting good clips FAR outweighs the above mentioned prizes. But like I said before, I didn't enter for the prizes.

May I also point out that the only clips of people fighting together on the Kickstarter draft are all mine so far? It wasn't possible without my helpers...

I believe that if I were seas or even dreadz, and posted the clips for all my helpers in this event, it would have been accepted.

ALinkToTheFuture

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hurray for being the only one running! And technicalities suck quite badly. Why would there even be such technicalities in such an event? Doesn't really make sense...

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Illy, good point. Perhaps we could offer a participation prize to those who appear in the winning entries? I still think the main prize should go to the filmer, as dealing with programs and converters and disc space is worth something.