• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

professions forrums

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive heard you may keep this as the new forum . will you be reintroducing the proffesions forrums ?

i really miss those . i used to brouse those frequently any time i had a question about "skill x" .

its nice to have a place to chat and sell things again , but what about all those training guides and such ? alot of good info has been lost there . any hope of getting that back ?

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, we will be bringing back Profession forums - just don't have a definite time frame yet as the data is being hammered on to make it fit here :)

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the hunter's guide too . really good info there now lost ... uo's main websight is prety slack about these kinds of things . please try to get that info back or at least let us have a place to do it ourselves.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I so needed some stuff from the one forum tonight ;(

the assassin forum maybe? I can't remember ;(

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the professions forums should be a little bit more compact. For example, I think all chivalry/bushido/melee/archery questions should be in one forum called "warrior" and all magery/necromancy threads should be in a magic forum. Tamers and bards can share a forum. And onward.

This makes it easier for a mod to update an FAQ, and less likely we don't get updated advice such as the old "warrior" forum whose FAQ was written in 2001 and would have likely been worse for training advice than heading out and training blindly on whatever.

I still miss the Doom and peerless guides from the old adventurer forum.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the professions forums should be a little bit more compact. For example, I think all chivalry/bushido/melee/archery questions should be in one forum called "warrior" and all magery/necromancy threads should be in a magic forum. Tamers and bards can share a forum. And onward.

This makes it easier for a mod to update an FAQ, and less likely we don't get updated advice such as the old "warrior" forum whose FAQ was written in 2001 and would have likely been worse for training advice than heading out and training blindly on whatever.
Glad you brought this up, actually. This is something we will be doing in the near future for sure. Not sure if it will be before or after the data is imported - I'm guessing after.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you brought this up, actually. This is something we will be doing in the near future for sure. Not sure if it will be before or after the data is imported - I'm guessing after.
would really give me warm fuzzies if you could change that to "all the data is imported"

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I still miss the Doom and peerless guides from the old adventurer forum.
Excellent point, the forums did need a little trimming, but may I please ask that the Thief forum not be combined with the Treasure Hunters or Rares Collectors. The Thief Forum was for PvP thieves...not Crates...la