• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Profanity Filter on Naming Vendors

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think they need to fix this, i was selling an assassin suit one time and couldn't name my vendor assassin suit, mainly because ass is spelled in there, but if there are other letters that directly follow it then it should not be affected by the filter... another point the word ass is said often on regular tv channels so its not a bad word.... the game is not rated E so common guys, today i tried to name my vendor "AOS clothing" and apparently there is something about aos that is offensive to someone so you can't name it that either

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a bit OVER the top in mega control filtering. You also can not actually put the *blow dart* often as its name on a vendor either cuz of the first 3 letters of the f dart. . or ya run into issues with pampas grass plant due to the last 3 letters of grass...or maybe it is *grass* in general ? ;) I mean they NAMED some things including assassins spikes pampas grass, and the fukiya dart gun thingie but alas try to label any of it on a vendor and/ or...to title your character's guild title KNIGHT OF COMPASSION and it is a no go...

I wanted one of my chrs. to be given that guild title way before any virtue quests and I had to make the choice look utterly illiterate knight of compasion with only one s, or forget it entirely ! :(

GRRR !!