• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with tamers?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a factioned TB. He is a tamer mage. I don't tamed by myself many pets ( like greater dragons) but i bought them. Then someone has transfered them to me also if it wasn't in my faction.
No problem at all, never.
Now i can't. I've tryed to transfer to me a fire beetle but I can't.
There is a new rule that says that a factioned char can't accept the transfer by a not factioned char?
It's very important to me. Thanks :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a fire beetle is EASY to tame in the mines

lure it away from other monsters hit it like the blue beetles and tame

unless you are RED of course :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in Fel, then you can only transfer pets between people in factions. Outside of Fel, then anyone can (unless they screwed that up in the last patch) transfer a pet to a person in factions.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but i've made another question. I can't transfer a pet from a char not factioned to another factioned one.
I don't care if taming fire beetles is so simple.
Some weeks ago i was able to make it. One tamer of mine not factioned, tamed pets and then tranfered them to the factioned char. Now I can't.
Why?
It's changed something for the factioned tamers?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try transferring the pet in Luna. If that doesn't work, then while in Luna have a non-faction tamer try healing a pet belonging to your faction tamer. If they are able to heal your pet, then they should also be able to transfer pets to your char.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory, I just tested this situation and everything is working as it should be.

A character that is not in factions cannot give a faction character a pet while in Fel. If you try to do it, you get a message about not being able to perform beneficial acts on the faction character. This rule has been in place for a long time, possibly since the faction system was added to the game. A faction character CAN give a pet to a non-faction character while in Fel or in Trammel.

It used to be that a non-faction character could not give a faction character a pet while in Trammel. Unfortunately, that rule went out the window with Publish 54 on July 10, 2008, when a truckload of changes that made a total farce out of factions were put in place. http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=808.

Try the pet transfer again while in Trammel. It should work just fine. It did for me just a few minutes ago when I got on two of my tamers on Legends, one of whom has been in factions since before the rule changes were made and the other of whom has never been in factions.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but i've made another question. I can't transfer a pet from a char not factioned to another factioned one.
I don't care if taming fire beetles is so simple.
Some weeks ago i was able to make it. One tamer of mine not factioned, tamed pets and then tranfered them to the factioned char. Now I can't.
Why?
It's changed something for the factioned tamers?
You're cute : )

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Tina Small and Kallgory.
The problem was exactly Felucca.
The other times i transfered my pets at Minoc stable or at Skara Trammel. Now i was on Fel.
I changed world and all worked fine :)
Fortunately i'm not red :D

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like pvp but sometimes i've tryed.
But i live in country and my internet connection is very bad. I work hard also to run. I CAN'T pvp.
My words "Fortunately i'm not red" was not for i don't like reds, but because, like blue, i can use my tamers well.
Sorry if its meaning was been not well interpreted :(