• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Problem with the Special Salvage Hooks

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Haven't noticed it until today (trying to slavage that that cool fishing pole) but quite a few of the Special Salvage Hooks are pulling up nothing at all. No sea creatures or anything. Once you toss them out they give the splash and even reveal you if you are hiding (like typical fishing does) but nothing comes up and you do not get a message saying you are unsuccessful etc.

If those type casts are intended then cool.. just didn't know and never had it happen on TC but never tried to cast the number of ones I have been casting now.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may be throwing too many at once. I wouldn't do more than five at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah, I only throw one at a time and get that result. On a rare occasion I may throw a second one.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem. One hook at a time with about 40% failure rate. I can drop 4 to 5 in a row without getting any mobs. I guess I can accept this if it is by design, but if it isn't, is there a reason we are having this problem? I am tossing my hooks to the north and south off the side of a Tokuno ship.