• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with my GM smith and BOD's

6Justice9

Again thanks for this forum thread.

As a new GM I have several runners so I can get BODS to fill between time for my GM to get through that LONG time frame to get another. However. when I have filled all those BODS by the GM and try to turn them in I can't ! weather it's before or after getting a BOD for my GM, in fact the NPC vendor doesn't even except the BOD it gave my GM. If I use one of the other runners they are able to turn them in BUT only get shovels and gloves. (the runners are typically very very low blacksmithy skill just to get the bods)

If I explained it right, could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have alot of BODs to turn in, I need better BODS for my GM by turning in, and I am tired of shovels (which I can make as a tinkerer). This is frustrating. And as a side note I can't find ANY BOD books anywhere for sale, at least on GL.

Grrrrrrr........

Thanks

Justice
GL shard

N

Natalie Black

Im not sure why you are unable to turn in the bods on your GM smith, but the reward you receive has nothing to do with the skill of the smith. The reward is based off the type of bods you turn in. The only thing that you need to do on the GM smith is pull your new bods, so use the GM smith to turn them in one at a time and pull a new bod.

6Justice9

It looks as though I will have to use the runners to turn in the BODS, my GM can't get them turned in. I appreciate the response. If anyone else might have had the same problem and resolved it please let me know. I will check back periodically.

GM Justice
GL Shard

I

imported_xStrikerx

If you have an empty character slot or a character you dont use, soulstone your skills over to them and try turning in BODs both with both characters.

I

imported_miss uo

6Justice9 , I'm on GL also, so if you still bod books pm me.
You can go here to see what reward you will get for each turn-in.
http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-srw.htm

Now about the problem with your gm smith. I am seem to remember reading someone else having save problem. I think it had something to do with an unfinished quest. Click on your char for a quest log.

6Justice9

I have no quests in the quest book dialog portion on my GM. My backpack is not full, the vendor says "I have no interest in that" and it drops back into the pack (at all the NPC vendors) I am receiving mostly only small bods, some bods that require exceptional, the problem is my GM will never advance and get better notoriety and better bods unless I can turn them in on that GM character. Turning the bods in with the runners only gets me shovels and pickaxes and still low end bods, so it does appear to matter which character turns them in. I have gone through almost every scenario I could and in the process have been wasting way to many ingots. (60K to get GM, another 20K for shovels and pickaxes, oh and some plus 1 mining gloves that I can't even give away)

This should not be happening and I shouldn't have to waste a soulstone to transfer to another character just to try to see if it may or may not work. Besides I was looking forward to "Made by Justice" being on what I make (yes for vanity sake).

My GM smith can get bods, but no matter what I cannot turn them in, no matter where the bods come from, or which NPC I go to.

I am holding off on BOD books for now, thanks for the offer Miss UO, I will contact you later to get some when I get this character going. I don't want to start all over again to have it happen again (can't afford it anyway). I am just disappointed and frustrated wondering if UO is worth the little time I can actually devote to it.

I do however thank everyone for their efforts to assist me with this situation. Again I will check back and see if anyone has other things I have not tried.

Hoping for a solution

GM Justice
G.L. Shard

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

Is that all npc balcksmiths? How many have you tried? I have heard this was a bug though can't recall the details. There was a solution but the only person I knew who had that problem was only trying with the npc who don't give out bods.

I

imported_spiderpig

There was also a problem with the new player quest for smithing in Old Haven. I'm not sure if you can get the same quest in New Haven. If you took the quest you werent able to turn in any bods. Try single clicking yourself to see if there is a quest option and try looking at your quest log to see if you have a quest that maybe preventing you from turning in bods. Worth a shot- hope it works and GL!

6Justice9

No quests in the quest log and I have tried damn near every NPC. Again thanks for the suggestions.

GM Justice
G.L. Shard

I

imported_miss uo

No quests in the quest log and I have tried damn near every NPC.

Question?
Are you checking your paperdoll, or are actually clicking once on your char itself. If you click on yourself, and there is an entry for a quest log, there is definitely a quest present. If thats the case, then you need to cancel it.

6Justice9

Miss UO,

I can't believe it was that simple. I was actually looking at the paper doll quest and not the right click on the character quest, I didn't even realize/remember quests were there. *hits self in head*

I can now turn in BODS

Thank you Miss UO for the successful conclusion of this somewhat embarrassing oversight on my part, I am now happy again. I will contact you soon. I wish to reward you with a/some token(s) of my appreciation.

To the rest of the community I thank you as well for the time you took to share.

I hope to contribute back for those in need of help......If and when I can, I have a bit to learn still (obviously).

*Jumping around in happiness*

GM Justice
G.L. Shard